View Poll Results: How would you rate "Marge vs. .. " err, tonight's episode?

Voters
295. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5

51 17.29%
  • 4/5

67 22.71%
  • 3/5

87 29.49%
  • 2/5

55 18.64%
  • 1/5

35 11.86%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, etc." (FABF03)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate & Review: "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, etc." (FABF03)

"Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens and Gays"

worst title ever? it certainly is insanely long.

From SNPP
    Marge goes on another of her crusades - this time against a law that says that only parents of school children have to pay the school tax.
    the poll and thread will open once the episode has aired.

I really did not like this episode all that much...

PLUS: this is actually the first episode since season 10 that I liked the 3rd act over the first 2...weird.

1.5/10
    Heckling a Puppet show.

Monkey HOUSE

2/5

Stupid...a couple of laughs but still stupid.
    Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs... Walter

Meh...

A below average episode

i really didn't care for the story that mauch and the humour and animation was off

What the hell was wrong with millhouse, he looked constipated

2/5

pretty rad

Lame.

This was just a mentally-challenged hybrid of Wild Barts Can't Be Broken and Itchy & Scratchy & Marge. Only one or two good scenes (the commercials). That's it.
    Last edited by Andy; 01-04-2004 at 05:37 PM.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

4/5
    Liked it. Good laughs.
    Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.

The Spring in Springfield

There Is No God...

1/5. F.

The only enjoyable joke was... I don't even remember laughing, actually. This makes "Its A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge" look excellent.

No sir, I didn't like it.

Well, really, it was a mixed bag.. I'm really not sure what I think of it yet, but for now I'm giving it a C-... quite a disappointment, what with coming from Vitti and all.

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

That was the best episode I've seen in years. Good lord that song was annoying. I didn't really like marge during the first act, she seemed to talk too much. I am really glad that babies taking over scene was not any larger than it was and it didn't seem silly and stupid either. Isn't gulliani from "out of state"

B+/A-

The 3010th on named Bartman Bartman3010's Avatar

I think they went way too off the wall for a laugh. This doesnt even feel like much of a Simpsons episode, beating up little babies? Destroying children's things without much good reason? This was a very very bad episode.

1/5 - This season was nothing but disappointment. It reminds me of the Scully years for some reason...
    - Sean

I really should visit here more often...

This episode was great. It cleverly addressed an issue commonly overlooked and was funny most of the times. I really liked the "I'm Rudy Guilianni, do as I command."

Great Episode. 5/5
    Wicked.

Dear Simpsons viewer: to view a brilliant version of this episode, try Itchy & Scratchy & Marge. Just avoid this atrocity, by all means.

Grade coming up after my second viewing.

wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat eddie's Avatar

Meh. A few decent laughs, but a very boring, uninteresting plot with flat characterization. 5/10, C-

tabby attack
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I think this is one of the first Simpsons episodes where I actually did not laugh at all. Even the Family Guy gets one or two laughs out of me

Pin Pal

Easily one of the best shows in several years IMO. Very smart and funny. Lindsay Neagle is not used enough.

Junior Camper

Better than "Pearls" and much better than "Today I am A Clown", but nothing has really stood out this year. I'm starting to get concerned.

3/5

The cosmic ballet goes on.. Radioactive Man's Avatar

I meant to say THIS year not IN years. Now that you mention it it didn't rally seem like a simpsons episode. I still thought it was funny though.

I'm so very confused. Somehow after 'Tis The Fifteenth Season, I hated the show. Everyone loves the episode, I think about it, examine why I thought it was bad, and turn a corner. Then I watch this episode, think it was very funny and fairly well-done, and everyone hates it. My mental health is being challenged.

Definately the best episode in years...I laughed thruout.

Not sure what everyone else saw.

well... at least people can now get off the "Vitti=gold" stance. I actually liked the second and third acts. The first act was a little boring for my taste. I gave it 4/5, but I'd like to watch it again to get a better look at it.
    I'm back.

Stonecutter

Easily one of the best shows in several years IMO. Very smart and funny. Lindsay Neagle is not used enough.
    You must be from opposite land.

Crotis Jivefunk

It was wacky, but IMO, not too many jokes fell flat or were too repulsive, and the ending could've been better. Marge wasn't as annoying as she usually is, same deal with Ralph Wiggum, and to that extent, no one was disgustingly out of character. I'm just glad Homer didn't bleed when he hit himself. I'm giving it a 4.5/5, instead of my 4/5. I'm not at all looking forward to next week's show, after that damned promo.
    Last edited by Strong Sad; 01-04-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Guy who loses arguments. newhook_1's Avatar

Ugh, that's all I want to say abot it, 1.5/5.

a malcolm and a archer

This may have just dethroned The President Wore Pearls as my favorite episode of the season. Everything was in its right place with decent pacing, and Marge played her best role in ages.
    I'll be brutally honest. I was a bit worried after that poor Crocodile Hunter opening, with both a crotch joke and the gore that followed. However, my expectations were completely turned around by the whole Ruffi thing. I grew up listening to this stuff, and seeing him spoofed on the Simpsons was priceless. The first act delivered wall to wall laughs without exception, the only exception being when Homer dented his head with the hammer. The woodstock type show was a bit over-the-top, with nude babies, spitting up, and that one baby who climbed onto that woman and opened her shirt. On the plus side, the passing of the pacifier was pretty funny. overall, this was one of the most inspired episode openings in recent years.
    Afterwards, you get into the real plot at the town meeting. Lindsay Neagle, one of my most despised characters, fit the role perfectly, as her stereotype specified the type of person who would do this exact type of thing. Minor characters were used well, and Kent Brockman was hilarious. The social commentary and satire was top notch. I especially liked the scene at Luigi's where you would see one side of the story, where the a glimpse of how singles can live without children is shown. On the other side, you see Marge trying to say something amidst a food fight of spaghetti. Speakign of Marge, the writers must have heeded our call for charaicterization improvement, as she was spot on, to dare I say classic extent? No decision seemed nonsensical from her point of view. This episode was pretty damn funny too, in many different ways. Ruffi spoof, newspaper headlines, witty one-liners, sight gags, commercials, etc. Those commercials that were made to go against Marge were some of the funniest things I've seen this season, as was the scene where Marge runs away from the check and Luigi runs away from the immigration officer. No pointless guest stars and use of an array of minor characters make this episode excellent. This season just continues to impress me. A-/A

our backs against the wall

hmm I guess I'm one of the only ones that liked it. Honestly I thought it was hilarious. Great pop culture references, and sharp social commentary. Characerization was good IMO. And for the first time I think I wasn't annoyed by Lindsey Neagle and the YESSS Guy. And they were in the same episode! The only problem I had was the ending. Bart and Lisa usually think of some great plans, especially when Vitti writes, so when Lisa suggested to Bart that they had to do something, I thought "yes this will be good". But it really wasn't. The ending felt very rushed, though I did like the last exchange between Bart and Homer. B+

In all honestly, I loved what they did with Lindsay this episode. Best she's ever been used in the series.

I also loved Homer referring to the yes guy on his commercial as "that jerk who goes yyyyeeeesss!".

i haven't been around much lately... What happened to Simon Cowell's appearance in this episode or Marge being a conservative radio voice?

Well, after a seven-episode run of veritable perfection, "The Simpsons" slides down a few notches. The opening scene with the "Crocodile Hunter" ripoff was far too gory for a regular "Simpsons" episode, but Maggie's Ruffi scenes were fairly funny (I know the pain of having to listen to baby music for hours - my mom used to own a toy store with a Muzak system). Homer bashing himself with the hammer was inexcusably poor. The Ruffi concert/Woodstock scenes were a bit forced and not really funny, and I never want to see Chief Wiggum beating children again. The act ended with a lame joke, but in the second act it got a little better. I guess this confirms that Cletus' last name is indeed "Spuckler". The representatives for the SSCCATAGAPP were funny (this pretty much seals the deal on Smithers), and the tearing down of the I&S statue elicited a chuckle. But throughout much of the act, I didn't really understand Lindsay Naegle's motivation, and they seemed to overdo her heartlessness. By the third act, I started to lose interest, but I laughed at Homer's "how many kids do you have" bit, as well as "I'm gonna come down on them like the garage door on Bart's bike". The ending seemed kind of awkward, but still fit in a weird way. All in all, not up to snuff with this season's previous smash hits, but somewhat enjoyable nonetheless.

3/5

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Stonecutter

I missed the 2nd act for a variety of reasons so I can't really judge, but's here's what I got.

Act 1 was a pointless string of gags that was stretched out too long. I should have (and could have) been done in a third of the time. 3/5

Act 3 had a lot of pointless gags too, but it was better plotted and made more efficent use of it's time. I'd say 4/5 or 4.5/5

So judging by that, I'd have to give the episode about a 4/5 on the poll, although my opinion is really useless and adds nothing but randomness to the total outcome considering I missed Act 2.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

Pin Pal

This was the second-best episode of the season. It dutifully touched on a conflict the show has never done before with appropriate humor.

I noticed how in-character *everyone* was tonight. Marge was adamant in her beliefs and cared for her family, Lisa was polite and quick-witted, Bart was ignorant with a small sense of compassion, and Homer was once again a loving husband who tries his best, but manages to mess up. How anyone can call that Scullyish is beyond me.

5/5
    ***All Hail Al Jean, the Holy One***

Thread Information