1 0.56%
  • 1/5 Very Bad

2 1.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate and Review: The Lemon of Troy

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Doesn't Want to Be Here, Apparently

Rate and Review: The Lemon of Troy

The Lemon of Troy is one of the greats, maybe in my top 25. It had one of the greatest plots in Simpson history. I do think it is overrated though, in a way. It is not the funniest episode ever but is still great. Highlights include:
    -"Future" Scene
    -"This is what it feels like when doves cry"-Milhouse
    -The R/V Sequence
    -Wet cement! Is there any sweeter sign? Well, maybe High Voltage!

I would give it a high B+, just missing an A-.

In the field of stupidity. Steve Allen's Avatar

A average.

New sig coming soon. This one's just on for a little while.

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Brilliant episode. Absolute classic. A+

I always thought in Lemon of Troy as a pretty overrated episode. It's very good, but hardly top 10 material. 4/5

Crotis Jivefunk

4.5/5 Kind of childish/witty, I guess.

Hired Goon

Before this episode, we didn't really know much about Shelbyville, Springfield's neighboring city, so this episode made us more familiar with it. I liked how Shelbyville was basically the opposite of Springfield. As for the episode itself, a classic. Funny, engaging, and just enjoyable to watch. Perfect A+ episode!

4/5 - Pretty damn good. It seemed like one large film parody.

voted for Kodos

A+. If I were going to show a newcomer the Simpsons, I think I would show this one. It defines "Classic Era" to a tee.

Monkey HOUSE

5/5

This town is a part of us all...a part of us all...a part of us all.
    Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs... Walter

Stonecutter

Re: Rate and Review: The Lemon of Troy

I do find Lemon of Troy a bit overrated but it is still one of the best of Season 6 - A

Born To Be Wild!

4/5, very good.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

An immensely hilarious and enjoyable episode that a hardcore fan, a casual viewer and even someone who has never seen the show before will enjoy. We have 'classic' Bart, the mischievous prankster who we hadn't seen for a while, and we have considerable airtime for the other Springfield kids - Nelson, Martin, Database, etcetera. I loved the idea of Shelbyville being almost identical to Springfield, with a Stop-E-Mart and a Joe's, all those subtle little comparisons. All in all, a tremendously good episode.

Originally posted by squishee lady
    A+. If I were going to show a newcomer the Simpsons, I think I would show this one. It defines "Classic Era" to a tee.
    Yeah. My sisters, who aren't as commitied as me to the show, had more fun watching this episode more than any other. As for me, it's my 2nd favourite.
    And I've said this before, too, if any episode would have worked well as a Simpsons movie, Lemon if Troy is it.

Blog Entries

One of the funniest simpsons episodes i've ever seen, easily. Worked perfectly as the lighthearted gag episode it was meant to be. Most of the jokes were perfectly executed in the midst of a very clever plot. In a word, classic, 10/10.

Area Man

A hilariously fun episode and one of the best. A+

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

Absolutely fantastic, one of the best Bart episodes! Plus there's a good reason for Homer to be in it towards the end (unlike Scully era), AND he's funny! Great Milhouse and Bart here, as well as a range of other Springfield kids. We're introduced to Shelbyville, strangely similar to good ol' Springfield. We also see Shelby and his gang for the first time, and Bart's plan to get the lemon tree back, all hilarious. Topped off with a great ending, this one is truly a classic. A++
    Last edited by simplysimpsons; 01-01-2004 at 03:39 PM.

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

Stonecutter

Lemon of Troy: One of those great 'just for fun' episodes that makes you laugh and laugh and laugh. One of the best of Season 6. A+.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

Bart's troublesome antics are brought back, just like in the first three Seasons. Only this time, everything's more polished and sharp. An absolute classic! Best episode ever!
    Lightspeed Briefs, as seen in your dreams.
    My deviantART page

Grade: A-

An outing made specifically to showoff the kids of Springfield in a twisted remake of Springfield known as Shelbyville. And for that it is brilliant, with Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, and Martin especially getting great airtime. In many ways its the kind of humor later presented in the, IMO, even better "Bart on the Road", but it is still terrific here. My only real grievance is that it there isn't enough, it's a limited concept episode (Shelbyville is just like Springfield, only different), and barely more than that. The reoccurring theme of town pride, for instance, is really little more than a catalyst for Bart's war against Shelbyville and Springfield's reclamation of their lemon tree. And even for an episode designed for the kids of Springfield, there isn't as much centered around them as I would've liked, with too much time spent either with sequences with Bart in or escaping Shelby's gang, or Homer and friends reclaiming the lemon tree. But it works as what it is. Not a classic, but great.

Blockoland Owner

4/5

Pin Pal

Good episode, not quite a classic but very good.

Favorite part: The reactions in two scenes.

1. The reaction by Todd Flanders when Milhouse says he is about to explode here.

2. The reactions by Kirk Van Houten and Martin's father at Homer attempting to climb the gate when he says "Stupider like a fox."

Hilarious! Overall 4/5

Junior Camper

Yeah boi. This is my all-time favorite episode. I dont know why, but i just find this the most complete episode. Its up there with Homer's Enemy and Bart Sells His Soul as damn near perfect (nothing is perfect). but yeah, this is the episode i would show simpsons newbies.

10/10, A++++ (oooo, 4 plus')
    F the FCC
    Free Howard Stern

WWHHHHAAAATTTT??!??!!

Valar Morghulis Big McLargehuge's Avatar

This is one of the definitive classic episodes the series.
    And "stupider like a fox" has found a place in my normal vocabulary for the last few years. A+

Best line: "This whole raid was as useless as that yellow lemon-shaped rock over there. Hey! There's a lemon behind that rock!"

I was really upset when they didn't make the whole lemon tree ordeal a mission in Hit and Run, much less put Shelbyvile in the game. But the tree itself IS there, right in the playground.
    Last edited by Big McLargehuge; 01-16-2004 at 04:31 AM.

i didnt really feel this episode in particular

Is It About My Cube?

A Classic episode. 5/5
    Seasons Rankings:

Fantastic. 5/5.

I like annoying avatar images Clarence's Avatar

I remember when I first saw that episode, and loved it. And I still do today. Actually... I haven't seen it in a good while, I should go through my old tapes and watch it.

click HERE if my Jesus with Guns avatar offends you (or if ya wanna get a laugh)

Junior Camper

Easy 5/5. One of my favorite episodes ever. This signaled the golden age for the Simpsons. My favorite quote was Homer's "No one in history has ever done anything THIS smart!" when he snuck into the parking lot to take back the lemon tree the same way the people did back in the old age of Troy. Great episode.

I didn't like it that much. It had some great gags, but found the plot retarded and there were some minor pacing problems. B+

be seeing you! Captain Yesterday's Avatar

It's in my top three. It owns. 5/5, 10/10, A+

Thread Information