90 26.63%
  • 3/5 - Meh.

33 9.76%
  • 2/5 - Worse than a Jimmy Stewart holiday special

9 2.66%
  • 1/5 - Worse than Christmas prunes

9 2.66%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "'Tis The Fifteenth Season" (FABF02)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Rate & Review: "'Tis The Fifteenth Season" (FABF02)

From SNPP
    Homer sells a Joe DiMaggio rookie baseball card, only to spend the money on himself, but when he watches A Christmas Carol, he feels he needs to start doing things for other people
    As usual, the thread and poll will open once the episode has aired.

Mods, feel free to edit the poll options.

I'll just say the episode is GREAT! 5/5
    FANTASTICLY paced! Felt like an hour-long show, including so much. So many scenes, and jokes, and secondary character appearances. And truly truly a CHRISTMAS episode! Parodies galore. Oh man, just a brilliant episode.

ENJOY

PS: Full review later tonight!
    Signature.

5/5

This episode was great

Congrats to Al Jean and company on a really good emotional and story filled episode, its hard to make a list of what i liked and what i didn't. I'll just say that this was one of the best episodes of the last 5 seasons

excellent

5/5 Simply amazing. End Transmission.

Global Moderator - All Merchandise Forums
    Datoupee's Signature... it's Da Boom !

spleef

Wonderful, wonderful episode, just though Rodd's joke was a little messed up.

4/5

Just fantastic. No jokes went too long, not many fell on their face (maybe the "pain" joke by Flanders), and I just laughed my ass off the whole time (Homer's Grinch song had me rolling). The ending had just the right touch as well. This was the best Simpsons holiday episode.
    5/5

Monkey HOUSE

5\5 Great episode. I thought the plotline was going to shit but it sure worked. Funny jokes and a happy ending, what more could you ask for?
    Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs... Walter

Junior Camper

It was OK. Rushed at the end. I've seen better and worse and it seems like something from early Season 9 rather than Season 7 (as was stated elsewhere).

Liked the couch gag, though

A very deserved 5/5 to the best of the year. 'Tis indeed the fifteenth season at last!

The Spring in Springfield

What an excellent episode! Probably THE best episode of the Al Jean era and its even very good compared to the entire series. I've been waiting so long for an episode like this. 5/5 A+!!!

wow. i loved it. i guess i'm just in the x-mas spirit. I think I got the biggest laughs from Hans Moleman. For some reason, I laughed more than I should have at "Hated By Al."
    I'm back.

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

Couch gag: Awesome! Reminded me of the Strong Bad japanese anime email.

First act: awesome, funny, and most importantly, got the plot going right at the end, the way it should be.

Second act: I loved all the Christmas special parodies. And seeing clay animation on The Simpsons for the first time was strange, but cool! Plot continued to flow well.

Third act: "Seen here in this edited photo!" AWesome! Wang joke = bad. I hate penis jokes. The ending could have been a little better, but it was pretty good anyway.

Conclusion: Wowwwwwwwwwww I loved this! Excellent pacing, jokes, plot... excellent everything! Best Christmas episode in a long time! 5/5 A+!

Note: If you're wondering why my reviews have been short lately, I only have a lot to say when I don't like an episode that much. Which means that this season has been pretty damn good so far if you ask me.
    Last edited by NoOneFamous; 12-14-2003 at 05:40 PM.

It was like having an orgasm and eating chocolate at the same time. Okay, maybe it wasn't, but it was still good. 5/5.

Junior Camper

Couch gag- awesome… these have been so great this season (but boo to no chalkboard)

ACT ONE
    SOOOO many laughs. I really did not stop laughing at any of the visual or audible jokes. From the setting up of Christmas decorations, to how homer got the money, to shopping was just awesome. The romp through the high-class mall was beyond funny. Great setup to second at. Best quote of the first act: “10-4 King of the Jews!” 10/10

ACT TWO
    Mr. McGrew was hilarious. Homers goodwill was so original and not overblown. The interactions with ned were great. Again, overall I didn’t stop laughing. A little unsure what they were setting up for for the third act based on what the commercial showed with Homer stealing. But it didn’t really matter, the episode was flowing so well that I knew there couldn’t be a bad act. Best quote of the second act: “Im jealous of girls because they get to wear dresses” 8/10

ACT THREE
    Ned’s reformation was pretty good. I like the inclusion of ned without the maude angle. Wang joke wasn’t off either with the krusty operation. Buddha was hilarious and I liked how the brought back Lisas religion. The Homer as a grinch was done very well and not overblown too. I liked how Homer thought he was doing something nice. Not jerkass style. MOLEMAN JOKE!!!! Great how Ned and Homer were both nice but it was reasonable. Ended so well even with the Moe joke (which I loved). Just beyond awesome. “Come on Moe, we don’t got all day!” 10/10

Overall this is the best episode in the last 5 years no doubt. Just unbelievable. I hope the rest of the season is this good. 10/10 no doubt
    F the FCC
    Free Howard Stern

WWHHHHAAAATTTT??!??!!

Junior Camper

Originally posted by Tomacco
    I'll just say the episode is GREAT! 5/5
    FANTASTICLY paced! Felt like an hour-long show, including so much. So many scenes, and jokes, and secondary character appearances. And truly truly a CHRISTMAS episode! Parodies galore. Oh man, just a brilliant episode.

ENJOY

PS: Full review later tonight!
    I absolutely agree. VERY well done episode. I can't think of any jokes that didn't work for me. Also, a very nice ending. Wonderful Christmas episode. I'll try to write more of my thoughts at a later time.

gave his life for tourism Magnum's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't wait for people to start giving this episode an F becuse of the chloroform gag.
    Quote Originally Posted by tones
    I was born with a wah-wah pedal

Crotis Jivefunk

The best Christmas episode since Marge Be Not Proud (Excluding She of Little Faith.) It's nice to see parodies of old Christmas shows. There were a couple jokes I did not care for, like the chloriform or Moe's suicide attempt. (Actually, with the exception of Skinner's Sense of Snow, this is the 3rd Christmas episode with a reference to Moe trying to kill himself.) Christmas episodes always lighten up a season. 5/5

Pretty good, nice to see homer portrayed as more than a stupid ignorant dead-beat dad. Some jokes fell flat, however. 4/5

This was a great episode. Great plot, lots of laughs. enough said.

5/5, 9.5/10, A

Treehouse of Horror XIV- B
    My Mother the Carjacker- B+
    The President Wore Pearls- A-
    The Regina Monolouges- D-
    The Fat and the Furriest- D+
    Today, I Am A Clown- B+
    'Tis the Fifteenth Season- A

overall- B
    Last edited by kevin; 12-14-2003 at 05:48 PM.

mostly harmless

I loved the Homer version of the grinch song, as well as the joke involving Hans and the wolves. A few jokes fell flat for me, such as Ned's pain joke and what-not, but I think this is without a doubt the best episode of the season thus far.
    4.5/5

nice couch gag

act 1:
    good:
    "for every krusty product you buy, I will be nice to a sick kid"
    Grandpa hanging IV bag
    Pets and homer in itchy sweater
    Homer not having a present for Lenny
    They've started letting ethnics into the big leagues
    CBG Deftly licking the card
    "Christmas with the california prunes" (fucking awesome)
    "That'll teach you to teach me"
    whole Christmas convoy scene
    "Woohoo, Maggie is talking"

bad:
    Homer getting fatter
    Kathy from personnel
    tree starting on fire second time
    ruined the emotion of bart, lisa and marge being mad at homer with stupid jokes from that talky thingy.

really really good. but why can't they do an emotional scene without a stupid joke, anymore. 4/5

act 2:
    good:
    "Im going to parcel my anger out over the next few days and weeks"
    "The year Sanda got Lost"
    Mr. Magoo parady
    Homer wanting death to take tiny tim
    Homer not knowing what day christmas is on
    Ebenezer Urkle
    Old clothes and Lima beans
    Marge crying while eating homers food.
    "Get back to your bong hippie"
    "Engage Cadny bar"
    Nelson saying usurped

bad:
    Cartoon vesion of myself line
    unloved by all
    Why couldnt they leave it at him filing the edges, why the gross eye poking?

awesome 5/5

act 3:
    good:
    Kent's news report
    retouched photo
    "stay out of our medecine cabinet"
    krusty brand operation game
    grinch parady (fuck yes)
    "double bacon genious burger"
    Nelson going on about his dad
    Moleman
    Flanders reading from the bible
    Homers little prayer was awesome.
    moe singing

bad:
    "Pain is the cleanser" wtf?
    Selma still looks off.
    Moes annual suicide attempt

pretty good 4.5/5

overall: 5/5 I enjoyed this so much. this season is sooo fucking good.

Junior Camper

"I'm sorry, this card is only worth...EVERYTHING I'VE GOT! Take it! Take it all!" This was a very funny episode.

This was also the second time this season that Marge falsely stated a chliche with "Let's shop till we droop!"

This episode definately seemed to cover a lot of topics in a half hour.

"I'm upside down so much!"

Get your weapons ready! Icedragon's Avatar

5/5

I have no big problems with this episode. California prunes

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

Talk about your landslides......this seems to be the best reviewed episode in ages.....possibly dating back to Season 9......

Will watch when it airs here and hoping that my hopes won't be too high.....

Junior Camper

Wow. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I don't feel right rating it because I missed the entire second act. I enjoyed everything I saw except for Flanders' "pain" joke. Not even Buddha is sacred, haha, for the first time this season (except for MMTCJ) an episode finally ended on a good note.

Whoever voted for 1/5, I am calling you out. Explain your position.

5/5, 'nuff said.

the bad: overuse of "haw-haws" and "is daddy coming back from the store". nearly making snake a good guy.

the good: "santa claus is dead." good ending.

the great: california prunes christmas. japanese couch gag.

finally; a decent christmas episode. grade: 5/5

Enjoy!

5/5 This was the best episode in a long time. I wasn't sure when I read the preview, but I was soooo very wrong. I laughed the whole time! Rodd's joke was excellent! "One problem at a time" HAHA I have been waiting so long for an episode like this, it reminded me a lot of the first season, it actually stayed with the plot this time. Loved the claymation, I loved everything, finally the Simpson's are back.
    NO MATTER HOW HORRIBLE THINGS MAY SEEM, THEY CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE.

Hark, the Simpsons fanbase sings
    Al Jean is our one true king
    We cannot believe our luck
    This year's special didn't suck...

After the mediocre BABF07 and the forced-holiday DABF02, we have this, the best "Simpsons" Christmas episode since the series premiere. It started wonderfully, with great Burns and CBG moments and a ton of great gags at the shopping promenade. The montage at Bumtown elicited some good laughs, and the act ended on a good note, with Homer realizing what a jerk he can be. In Act II, we had some HILARIOUS satire of holiday specials and more funny Homer lines ("Despised by Al?!"), plus a nice little reform with Homer vs. Flanders. And Act III was the star atop the tree, with a wonderfully done Grinch parody, a great Moleman gag, and the best episode ending I've seen in years. If this doesn't put you in the holiday spirit, nothing will.

5/5 (Best episode so far this season)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips
    Fuck typos Im drunhk.
    My DeviantArt.

Thread Information