41 35.96%
  • 5/5

60 52.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review - Bart's Friend Falls in Love

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Rate & Review - Bart's Friend Falls in Love

I love this episode, I also think the sub-plot is one of the funniest ever with Homer's vocabulary tapes.

Bart: Lisa, I need help and mom's not home
    Lisa: Why didn't you ask dad?
    Bart: I did but I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying

10/10.

wreck on the highway

Hmm.. very good. A Probably in my top 75, if not 50.

Fantastic episode, one of my favourites. The Indiana Jones parody at the beginning is hilarious. 5/5.

An outstanding episode with a lot of fantastic moments, and a nice mix of humor and emotion. You can really feel for both Bart and Milhouse. The sex ed film: ``Fuzzy Bunny's Guide To You-Know-What'', and the Indiana Jones parody are both side-splittingly funny. One of my top 25 episodes; A+

Hired Goon

Forgot about Homer's vocabulary tapes, I loved that subplot! A very funny episode, perfect 5/5.

a malcolm and a archer

I loved Season 3 because it was relatable and down to earth. Every episode seemed to involve a conflict any viewer has experienced at one time or another. This episode is a perfect example. It shows those simple, pathetic elementary school romances that hurt friendships and divide once best friends apart for a short period of time. Providing a perfect touch of emotion with spot-on characterization, the writers are able to twirl a masterpiece here, and while covering a topic that, once again, most can relate to, they never make it annoyingly predictable. The viewer can see Bart's feelings throughout, but it is never apparant exactly how he will react. The subplot is one of the series' best, and features the otherwise underused family members, Lisa and Homer. It provides a perfect example of why it isn't always necessary to make the subplot and main plot combine to make a good episode. The humor in this one balances the conflict and emotion perfectly, and the Indiana Jones parody to begin the episode is one of The Simpsons' most memorable moments. This episode is a classic that is often overlooked, staying in the shadows of other classics of its time. But then again, that just makes me even more impressed every time i see this one. A

Stonecutter

I haven't seen this in years, but my initial impression was that it was one of the more mediocre ones of Season 3. Perhaps now that I'm older, I should to see it again?

Going by my original grade, I'd give it a 3/5, but I'm not going to pollute the system with a grade based on vague memories.
    Season 17 Thus Far:

Bonfire of the Manatees: C+
    The Girl Who Slept Too Litte: A-
    Milhouse of Fog and Sand: B+

3 years late, but meh! simplysimpsons's Avatar

Really Loved it! A shining example of what makes the Simpsons great- More top quality from Season 3. Emotion, humour, satire, great characterisation and relatable characters- this episode had it all, very memorable. It wasn't predictable and the idea was fresh and original. To top it off, an excellent and hilarious subplot. Anyone notice the animation and character drawings in this one seemed to be from the future because they were of such high quality?

A+

A tribute to Bart Simpson

You think THAT's bad? What about that time when I was turned into a Tetris block?

samsa

Loved it, really loved it. The vocabulary tapes was the best.

"Now that you know how to do it, dont do it".

Blog Entries

5/5, probably one of my top 5 episodes. Everything about this episode is so perfect.

frogophone

Originally posted by Charmy
    I haven't seen this in years, but my initial impression was that it was one of the more mediocre ones of Season 3. Perhaps now that I'm older, I should to see it again?
    Surely you have the S3 DVD?

Anyway, a great episode. Worth an A for the hilarity alone, Fuzzy Bunny's Guide to You-Know-What, vocab tapes.
    Last edited by Tibor; 10-14-2003 at 07:43 PM.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

It starts off brilliantly with a superb parody of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, but the plot becomes less interesting with the arrival of Samantha Stanky, Milhouse's first love. This is one of very few episodes where the subplot is better than the main plot, in this case, Homer's weight-loss tapes being mixed up with vocabulary building tapes. I learnt a few new words and it's all thanks to this episode. One thing that I do not like about this episode is that the title is very.....well, dull. Bart's FRIEND Falls In Love? As opposed to "Milhouse Falls In Love?"

Stonecutter

Originally posted by Tibor
    Surely you have the S3 DVD?
    Maybe he lives in a country where the DVD hasnt been released yet, like me in Australia.

Anyway, This is a brilliant episode. from the Indiana Jones parody to the Homer vocab-tapes subplot, this episode is just about flawless - A+

4/5
    Fantastic episode I only give it hte one lower than its deserved score because its been shown so many times on TV now...

Stonecutter

Tibor: As I've explained before, I'm constantly broke. I plan to nab Season Three when I'm repaid a large sum of money I'm owed. Then I'm going to buy a hundred tacos for a hundred dollars. But first the DVD.

A great episode. Homer's vocabulary tape was a terrific subplot, and the conflict involving Bart, Millhouse, and Samantha was played out very well. To top it all off, we got Fuzzy Bunny's Guide to You-Know-What. I give this episode a 5/5.
    When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

"How could this have happened? We started out like Romeo and Juliet, but it ended in tragedy."

frogophone

Originally posted by Charmy
    Tibor: As I've explained before, I'm constantly broke.
    That's hardly an excuse for not owning it.

wreck on the highway

Charmy.. don't lend so much money.

Stonecutter

Originally posted by Tibor
    That's hardly an excuse for not owning it.
    Are you suggested I steal it, and deprive all those who worked so hard on it of their 0.002% cut of the profits?

Touché, Wezzo, touché.

Blockoland Owner

3/5. OK

In my top ten, I think I may have actually listed it as my favourite at some juncture (my favourite episode changes quite frequently). 10/10.
    "How could this have happened?
    We started out like Romeo & Juliet but it ended up in tragedy..."
    - Milhouse Van Houten

Hypertechnometalfiend
    Under a big 'T', Southampton, Englandville

Bumpetty bump

Quote Originally Posted by BloodE
    4/5
    Fantastic episode I only give it hte one lower than its deserved score because its been shown so many times on TV now...
    I know it's years ago, but... uhhh?

This is a magic episode, one of my all time favourites as well. Especially love the Indy opening, and the Fuzzy Bunny sketch...just how many great jokes is it possible to fit into 2 minutes??

Along with Mojo the helper monkey in Girly Edition, this is my favourte subplot as well...I should say this episode is inspiring, intoxicating, scintillating, incandescent, etc etc
    Stealing, stealing, stealing a car for Moe
    Da da da dah da da da dah, insurance fraud today!

I spent my entire elementary (and even early middle school) years wondering what Mrs. Krabappel meant when she said "She's faking it!" When I rewatched it knowing what it meant, I laughed my ass off.

This is an A+ from me. My ideal early simpsons episode. It was hilarious and really well-written. I really liked how the eight-ball shattered in their fight and how Homer's outstanding vocabulary which eventually became "Metal....thing." Samantha Stanky was a great charachter, and very realistic too, I liked how she was a bit bumbling and commented on the town's smell rather than being excessively shy or too crazy. It flows nicely and wraps up on a nice note. I got rather pissed when Milhouse apparently forgot his kiss with Samantha and got his first kiss instead with Homer. Ah well

A+

The Magic 7

A brilliant episode. Definately in my top 20. 5/5
    Top 25 episodes:
    1. Treehouse Of Horror V
    2. Homer The Heretic
    3. Bart After Dark
    4. Homer Badman
    5. Homer's Enemy
    6. Cape Feare
    7. Rosebud
    8. Bart On The Road
    9. Bart's Friend Falls In Love
    10. Marge Be Not Proud
    11. Round Springfield
    12. My Fair Laddy
    13. Last Exit To Springfield
    14. The Joy Of Sect
    15. Hurracaine Neddy
    16. Simple Simpsons
    17. Lisa's Substitue
    18. Simpsoncalifragilisticexpialad'ohcious
    19. Mother Simpson
    20. Old Money
    21. In Marge We Trust
    22. Trilogy Of Error
    23. New Kid On The Block
    24. Hungry, Hungry Homer
    25. Brother From the Same Planet

One of the few (in my opinion) good love episodes 5/5

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

Loved Homer's episode, I also liked how it focussed on the main character feeling jealous/left out because of his friend finding love before him 4.5/5
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Junior Camper

A painfully incisive (& funny!) portrait of friendship & jealousy. Plus it's nice to have Milhouse front & centre. 5/5.

Banned

My least favourite episode of the second season. I just found it boring and I didn't like the plot.

5/10

Pin Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    My least favourite episode of the second season. I just found it boring and I didn't like the plot.

5/10
    This was from the third season.

Thread Information