View Poll Results: How do you rate tonight's first episode?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • (5/5) The awesome

35 17.50%
  • (4/5) Pretty good

84 42.00%
  • (3/5) Meh

54 27.00%
  • (2/5) Somewhat ungood

18 9.00%
  • (1/5) what? Bring on Moe Baby Blues plz

9 4.50%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: The Bart of War (Season Finale Part 1, EABF16)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

Rate/Review: The Bart of War (Season Finale Part 1, EABF16)

Cowboys and Indians AHEM (sorry, Lisa) Cowpersons and Native Americans take on a whole new meaning when Bart and Milhouse join rival after-school clubs, "Pre-Teen Braves" and "Cavalry Kids"
    Can't believe it's season finale time... here's the first R/R thread. Will open when ep ends.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

'Meh' in every sense of the word. Some decent jokes like the 5 H's .. and some other jokes that I can't remember at the moment. But the plot just didn't interest me .. at all. I'll go easy on it and give it a 2.5/5.

wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat eddie's Avatar

Oh, my God, this sucked! This was just so obnoxiously unfunny. This was bad in so many ways. It hurt to watch. 1.5/5

What the hell kind of ending was that! Horrible. Besides that, glad to see Ralph for more then five seconds an episode.

"Will you be my mother?"
    Moe Baby better be better.

What the hell is with these used begininnings!

pretty rad

Pretty good. Lots of pretty funny jokes, and the fact that Homer took a backseat to Marge this time (mostly) was refreshing. Act 3 was a little off, and the ending seemed like a lame ripoff of a South Park resolution (hence their appearance at the beginning, which seemed neither horrible nor spectacular). First one was somewhat decent, but I'm hoping the second is better.

Awful

The show IS going to shit. My apologies for a post I made a while ago regarding people being too critical: this episode didn't make me smirk or anything. Oh Canada?

First Matrix Reloaded sucks, now this.

Rodent of Unusual Size HellBender's Avatar

A lame episode, I was about to give it a 2/5... but the ending was just so incredible, I have to give it a 3/5

The Dictator

Pretty good episode. Some bad parts\dumb jokes, but also a lot of good parts\jokes. I'd give it a 3\5. Better than I thought it would be, though it was sort of redundant from other episodes...*cough*boyscouts n the hood*cough*. But still better than the past few episodes. Fast moving episode though.

spleef

It was OK, but really odd. The South Park parody was good, the Beatles thing had some good jokes but Ned's excuse was kinda stupid.

The Canada ending was out of nowhere, but pretty funny.

4/5

Oh, and LXG COMMERCIAL! YES! GO CONNERY!

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This episode was great stuff, up until the very last 2 minutes. The ending felt rushed, and the riot and the odd "Canada" thing at the end were pretty stupid, but not bad or long enough to spoil an otherwise great episode! Why was it great? It felt like a classic episode in almost every way. Almost no lame jokes, nothing bad enough to make me cringe, great characterisation (I'm glad they've finally *fixed* Homer's characterization, hes not even annoying anymore!), it was all done well. 4.5/5, A-

Lenny's last name was revealed as "Leonard"!

So take THAT, people who bitched at me last week! (Note: I didn't take any "notes" this time either)
    Last edited by NoOneFamous; 05-18-2003 at 05:30 PM.

I never knew Flanders was a Beatles fan . Anyways, a really good episode with really good jokes and nothing in particular that made me cringe. And to add to all that, a tribute to Canada at the end (me being a Canadian boy, I appreciated it). Still haven't seen Moe Baby Blues though, and won't until tonight. 9 or a 9.5/10.

Oh, and to add to this, I really liked Ralph's 'You smell like dead bunnies' line when he was being carried off by the coyote. Actually, Ralph was alot better in this episode than he normally is. Bravo, Marc Wilmore, I look forward to your other upcoming eps.

best episode ever i loved everything abpout it

this should win an emmy

love the micheal jackson joke, and the o canada ending was the best thing i have every seen in my life

man that episode was better than sex

I really liked this episode. I was watching with my sister and we both found it hilarious. It felt more original than most episodes this year (Moe Baby Blues is probably more original though). I really enjoyed it and talked about all the things I liked. Non-stop... I usually only remember the bad things and all I can remember of bad was the riot being bad. 91/100, A-. One of the best of this season, imo.
    I'm back.

Stonecutter

It was a pretty decent episode!!! The ending, was kinda... stupid. Singing the Canadian National anthem for no apparent reason. Can't remember any other funny moments.

Junior Camper

Another good episode. It gets a B from me.

Originally posted by NoOneFamous
    This episode was great stuff, up until the very last 2 minutes. The fight and the odd "Canada" thing at the end were pretty stupid, but not bad or long enough to spoil an otherwise great episode! Why was it great? It felt like a classic episode in almost every way. Almost no lame jokes, nothing bad enough to make me cringe, great characterisation (I'm glad they've finally *fixed* Homer's characterization, hes not even annoying anymore!), it was all done well. 4.5/5, A-

Lenny's last name was revealed as "Leonard"!

So take THAT, people who bitched at me last week! (Note: I didn't take any "notes" this time either)
    I agree once again, except I thought the ending was semi-funny.

I thought the Canada thing was great..what's wrong with you guys, that was a great episode. Funny, and lame jokes to a minimum.

4.5/5

5/5 !!! I think this episode along with the following episode just goes to show everyone how amazing this season has been. Viva Mr. Jean.

Global Moderator - All Merchandise Forums
    Datoupee's Signature... it's Da Boom !

Junior Camper

I loved this episode, many laugh out loud moments. I was rolling with the laxative prank, that was one of the best laugh out loud moments of the season.

As for the ending, it really wasn't bad at all. It came out of nowhere but it set up the final joke at the end which was a hilarious shot at the Bush Administration.

5/5 Great ep.
    Last edited by Scratchy; 05-18-2003 at 05:15 PM.

Nuclear launch detected. Simpson Purist's Avatar

6.5/10, A pretty good episode that went to hell in the 3rd act.

Pros
    -The South Park parody = brilliant
    -Ned's Beatles shrine
    -Homer the Indian teacher
    -Poisoning the candy

Cons
    -The ending was absolutely disgusting and reeked of Scully-era nonsense. Springfield erupts in another pointless riot, Homer turned into a jackass, and Otto's line rubbed bad "Alligator" memories into my face. Marge's sobbing was an forced method of putting a face on the whole episode, which didn't work. Bart and Milhouse's comments about war at the end was good, I'll admit that.

Lame part I, thank God there was another episode (a classic in my book, I'll get to that in the other thread ).

frogophone

Horribly boring, meandering, with questionable characterization. Is it just me, or have the kids lost their edge? Since when has Bart ever gave a damn about community service? Say it loud, say it... indifferent: M-E-H.

C

Stonecutter

The plot was kinda dull, but some ok jokes saved it. 3/5

Exactly average in my eyes. Nothing THAT funny, but solid story, although the ending wasn't that satisfying. Good thing I'm Canadian so I enjoyed the moment for what it was. The Beatles moments were GREATLY appreciated by me though, since I'm a huge fan. I would say 3.5/5.
    Signature.

jiggle silly

No complaints except for the Michael Jackson joke, and Marge's unnecessary "I can see why he left" line after Nelson runs for his papa the second time.

Bart didn't play second banana to Homer, psychedelic Milhouse was pretty funny, and even the Rich Texan had a funny line. A pleasant surprise; this episode was a lot better than I thought it would be.

"They must have come back for their souls"-Mr. Burns

Stonecutter

A fairly decent episode, though the ending felt a bit odd and rushed. I liked how the episode showed another side to Ned with his Beatle's shrine. 3/5

Hmmm...there was some to like, but some not to. First off, the plot was passable, if not terribly creative, and characters seemed to be fairly well done. Some of the jokes also struck me well, including: the angel show being on PAX (awful station...), Milhouse's encounters with the lamp, Bart's hallucinations of Milhouse (the one with Ono was priceless), the Monkees line, Homer comparing the groups "heritage" with football, the Wisconsin line (I really don't like Wisconsin), and, for some reason, the whole O Canada/anti-war thing at the end. Something weird like that seemed very acceptable under the circumstances, and it's good that they didn't completely botch it.

Well...with the good comes the bad. The acts seemed to progressively get worse, with the third act coming close to the point of disgusting. The competition scenes between the two young groups seemed very forced (especially the part with the old folks home...ick), and most of the third act really put down this episode. Still, there was enough in it to constitute at least some memorable scenes. 3/5. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's getting harder to remember these newer episodes.
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

The Boy Who Lived

A solid episode overally tonight. Excellent story and a weird ending that I surprisingly appreciated. The South Park parody was excellent! A 4/5 for me!

Drinking on jet streams PhthaloType's Avatar

I usually hate it when people say this, but in this case I'm gonna make an exception. I'm usually pretty lenient on the ones others hate, but since so many of you have apparently lost your minds...

Worst episode ever.

Just kidding, ECHELON.

huh?

Pretty good episode, mainly because of the jokes. The South Park and PAX TV parodies were brilliant and the Canada joke at the end was hilarious. Had lots of other funny parts and carries this episode, although the plot was also good.
    5/5

Fairly forgettable episode, but with a lot of laughs.

The Beatles references were great, as was most of the first act. It took a rather bizarre turn when the episode became Braves vs. Cavalry. Still, some good things came out of it. The ending was strange, but worked pretty well in my opinion. Singing the Canadian national anthem was obviously random, but I rather liked it for some odd reason.

Rating: 3.5/5

Thread Information