View Poll Results: How do you rate tonight's episode?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • (5/5) Gay

67 25.28%
  • (4/5) Gay

103 38.87%
  • (3/5) Gay

54 20.38%
  • (2/5) Gay

18 6.79%
  • (1/5) Gay

23 8.68%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate/Review: Three Gays of the Condo (EABF12)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

pretty rad

Rate/Review: Three Gays of the Condo (EABF12)

"Weird Al" Yankovic and Scott Thompson (Kids in the Hall) guest voice when Homer, once again out of the house after a fight with Marge, moves in with a couple of homosexual men
    You know that however tonight's episode turns out, one thing's for sure: it's gay.

This thread will open around 8:30 ET when the episode ends on the East Coast.
    newest fad! twitter | the photodump | facebook
    [00:29] AlonsoWDC: hank hill would cum out of his mouth in disgust if he were here right now

Stonecutter

This episode was alright. Pretty emotional, kinda funny, etc. 3/5

The Spring in Springfield

3/5. Not really that funny but I like the Marge and Homer scenes and Dr. Hibbert was funny.

Straight-Shootin' Sonofagun

4/5. Not bad, but not the best this year. The puzzle set up some good jokes, but seemed kind of out of place compared to the rest. Homer running into Smithers was good. Bart’s ‘easy to lie’ joke was rehashed. Homer’s song parodies that he sent to Weird Al were good.
    Signatures are so overrated!

pretty rad

Wow, not really that bad. Third act was a little rushed, and Weird Al wasn't that spectacular. But Scott Thompson was excellent tonight, and the plot did go along well. No real cheap gay jokes like Jaws Wired Shut... instead, we got a really clever episode. Nice job.

Junior Camper

A well deserved 4/5. Very well done episode, in my opinion.

helter shelter was better than this.

giving it a 1/5...worst of the year.

wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat eddie's Avatar

This was a great episode. Very funny, with lots of good yuks throughout. But the plot was iffy, and the very end was stupid. This episode was also terribly edited, and the continuity was wrong. Oh, well. I still was entertained, and a lot of good, clever jokes came up, so I'm able to overlook stuff I'd usually take seriously in an un-funny episode. 3/5 But, still, this whole thing was NOTHING compared to the brilliance of "Homer's Phobia."

spleef

Could've been a LOT better, could've been worse. A mostly forgettable episode.

Akbar

3.5/5... meh. It was funny but not that funny.

I wasn't paying too much attention. I did laugh at a bunch of jokes, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I meant to give it a 4/5 for 3.7/5, but I accidently put 3. So I will post this typical useless review. I probably shoulda downloaded this episode and rewatched and then review it... but oh well... sorry.
    I'm back.

Very good, loved Wierd Al song bit, everything seemed slow and not to rushed. 4.5/5.

Wonder which way Channel Surfer will go with this, either way he gives the best reviews.

See You Space Cowboy.....

3/5

Not terrible but there was nothing about it that really stands out.
    S1.3 LIS+++ BOB++ BAR++ BUR+
    f+++ Ips $+++ 7F19, 2F15, 3F22, 3F02, 3F07 M1981

"The strength of the show is the characters - that's the strength of any good show. Since they've gotten more mainstream, they keep wanting to go for the easy laughs, the stupid jokes. I think it's the wrong move, and an insult to the intelligence of the audience." - Yeardley Smith

Pretty damn bad.

2/5

This episode illustrates all of the issues with this entire season. Misplaced jokes, unpaced writing, quick forced ending and false sense of emotion were rampant.

This war probably the worst Guest Star since R.E.M. in Homer the Moe. I love Weird Al, but give me a fucking break. Let's reconcile, so here's Weird Al singing a song!

I found this episode to be laughless and boring. I'm tired of this from the Simpsons.
    crap.
    Marge: Homer, has the weight loss tape reduced your appetite?
    Homer: Ah, lamentably no. My gastronomic rapacity knows no satieties.

Junior Camper

4/5 a bit lacking in humor.

The Dictator

pretty good. i thought it was pretty funny, and liked how the family was involved with everything. Though Maggie and Granpa like had there one second of fame and then disappeared through out the whole episode. Still good though. 3\5

Pin Pal

I really don't have anything to complain about. Good story, great jokes, and guest appearances that didn't feel tacked on ("Weird Al" I felt was used well). I would give it a 3.75/5 but I voted for 3. Good episode.

Maddog.

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

3.5/5, as other people said the story was all over the place but there were plenty of amusing scenes/one-liners. Enjoyable Weird Al cameo as well. All in all it was a pretty decent episode that could've been a lot worse considering the writers had the chance to do plenty of "cheap gay jokes," like Psyche stated. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

A fine episode. This season just keeps shining. The puzzle bit at the start (featuring some nice Grampa and Maggie scenes) wasn't overdone, which I liked, and the flashback scene was great (especially Moe). Classic line: "Another memory to be repressed...I am at Disneyland...Disneyland..." Homer's roommates were pretty funny characters (which one was voiced by Scott Thompson, if it was one of them?). The scene at the bar was hilarious (Homer's dance and Moleman's scene), and the whole thing tied together well with Hibbert (best appearance of his this season). Weird Al was an alright guest star, especially his end credits song. Overall, another classic. 4/5.

Nineteen-Ninety-Something
    A webcomic about my favorite decade
    and the characters who made it interesting

Wow, whats everyone talking about. This is the first time in awhile that I couldn't stop laughing. This episode was really well done, with the exception of the first act (it was a little unbalenced and odd compared to the rest of the episode). The second act was a lot better than the first. Even Weird Al's apperance wasn't that bad.

GRADE: A-
    8<4<7<6<5<3<14<20<15<21<16<9<13<2<22<17<19<18<10<1<12<11

Where's the Beef?

4.5/5. I voted 4. The fact that after all these years they can pull off a piece of Homer and Marge's History and make it work is amazing. The gay thing however was out of nowhere and just to make jokes. and the ep. was kinda a rehash of "Barting Over." But overall it was great. Here's for a great season!

Fav Part: Marge: "Reverend Lovejoy, Mrs. Lovejoy, Principal Skinner, Duffman..."

Akbar

yes i agree, the gay thing sucked.

That was seriously one of the most average episodes in The Simpsons history. All the flashbacks of Homer's drinking were good and I'm glad the gay thing really didn't make too much of a plot.

The gay guy kissing Homer was a little too much though , but good thing they saved it by having Homer jump out of the window. Not great, but not bad either.

3/5

Wants you to do fine. NoOneFamous's Avatar

This episode was very well written and featured some of the best Homer characterization in a long time (they're definately trying to restore the *old* Homer). My main problem with this episode is that the plot of Homer & Marge getting mad at each other is really overused, and I didn't like their reason for fighting this time - they made it seem as if Marge never really loved Homer. The whole fight also reeked of forced, false emotion. But, the hospital scene at the end saved that and confirmed that she always did love Homer no matter what he did (which has been said a million times in the show already). So, despite the fact that the plot has been done to death, they still did a good job on this one - it wasn't rushed, and the situation was realistic of how parents really would fight. And I'd take this over another wacky adventure any day.

The risky situation with Homer moving in with the Gays actually turned out okay - even the kiss, which was saved by Homer jumping out the window (though I didn't like how all the gay guys were very stereotypical).

This episode was not a laugh riot, but there were still some great jokes. I noticed lots of really subtle, quick jokes that worked really well, like the Bumblebee Man newspaper headline, the sign outside Kirk's appartment changing to 00 after a gunshot is heard, and a quick shot of Comic Book Guy being dragged away by the guards after challenging the Medieval Times guy. Best of all, they kept the tasteless sex jokes that I hate so much to a minimum, except for Homer's gay dancing and Moleman about to be raped by that sargent guy.

Weird Al was a pointless guest star & appeared out of nowhere, but I don't care, because Weird Al kicks ass! Both versions of his parody were hilarious, especially the one over the credits, and if anyone is worthy of a pointless guest spot on the Simpsons, its Weird Al.

I'm gonna give this one a 4/5 for now, but I'm not entirely sure because of the over-used plot idea.
    Last edited by NoOneFamous; 04-13-2003 at 05:09 PM.

This episode was undeniably great! It had a very solid and focused story, GREAT characterization for everyone, and of course, great jokes and dialogue. Seriously, Homer was characterized masterfully, even with the changes in character towards gayness. But they had the alcohol/drunkenness part of the story going throughout the whole episode beautifully. The use of flashbacks was perfect, and how they finished the episode with a video flashback was well done. The gay jokes were actually different from in "Homer's Phobia", and given the heavy Homercentric plot, they kept the rest of the family involved very well. This is an episode that they would have COMPLETELY blown in seasons 10-12, and maybe even 13, but the new style of the show that I've been raving about since around the 300th episode shined through here and brought us a quality episode. The dialogue was fantastic, from subtle to in-your-face humor.

Plus, I give it extra credit for pulling off such a risky storyline, especially after the success was "Homer's Phobia". Now this wasn't as good as "Homer's Phobia" but it was still VERY good. I hope this episode gets the good poll ratings I think it deserves. Here are some lines to think back on:

"I swear to God if I was an eight year old straight boy I'd so be holding your hand right now. "
    "that will be one hundred dollars" (after haircut)
    "I'm like David Spade without Chris Farley, alone and useless"
    "looks like you're missing a piece" - "looks like you're missing a wife!"
    "The subs with this guy who used to be fat but now he's just ugly"

Plus I loved the 'Silent Bob' Maggie line.
    Signature.

Without me of all people getting into the gay thing, it was a good episode. There was support instead of stereotype which is good stuff. The puzzle thing seemed funny, and the rest was more dramatic and emotional. One of my favorites episodes. ... Im serious.

I think it had some good jokes, and some ok ones. I wish Weird Al had a better cameo than that, but the song at the end made it better. I thought it was a pretty average episode.

i thought it was the best episode this season i like the marge and homer flash back in the begining
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    The Artist Formally Known As Michael Bolton

My DVD List at DVD Aficionado
    Record List
    Best Simpsons Episode Ever = Lemon of Troy

Where's the Beef?

Originally posted by NoOneFamous
    ...and Moleman about to be raped by that sargent guy.
    rape! ;-/

huh?

I feel that this was an excellent episode. Pulled off with a very good storyline and some good jokes, especially in the flashback and with Dr. Hibbert. The guest stars were all good, particularly Weird Al; he had good lines and a nice song. Only complaint: the plot went a little bit slow.
    4.75/5(which I'll round up to a 5); one of the best, if not the best, of Season 14.

Thread Information