12 11.88%
  • 1/5

5 4.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review- So It's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Rate & Review- So It's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show

What Did You Think About This Episode? IMO It Has Been The Best Clip Show So Far, 4/5

juice with the people prince jafar allah's Avatar

New stuff was great, clips were great, an A+ clip show.

Blog Entries

It was okay, i give it a 3/5. My favorite was the 138th Episode Spectacular though.

biennial playoff contender Rowdy's Avatar

This is a prime example of what a great clip show should be. It feels more like an episode rather than a bunch of sketches glued together with a haphazard plot.

a malcolm and a archer

for a clip show it would be a 5/5
    as for fitting in amongst normal episodes it gets a 4/5

The Boy Who Lived

best clips show ever! 4/5

wreck on the highway

Best clip show but only if you don't include the 138th Spectacular and Behind the Laughter, as I like both of them much better.

1.So Its Come To This
    2.Gump Roast
    3.All Singing All Dancing
    4.Another Clip Show

9/10, very good (5/5).

Wezzo

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

3/5. It's a good clipshow, but it's nothing special, to be honest. I did not like the Treehouse of Horror abduction being included amongst the clips. Treehouse of Horror is a different kettle of fish to the "normal" episodes.

Me lose brain? Uh-oh

4/5
    Sig Free since '03

slouching toward nirvana nathan's Avatar

When I found out there was going to be a clip show I was extremely angry but then I sall it and I was very impressed, 4/5

It's good, because the clip shows never just did it this way again IMO. 4/5

Bender

4/5.

The Hammer is my penis Capt Hammer's Avatar

i rewatched this last night and it was fantastic! A rating which makes it the best clip show unless the 138th episode counts in which its equal first. april fo-(BOOM) hehehe loved it
    "Look, Marge, you don't know what it's like. I'm the one out there every day putting his ass on the line. And i'm not out of order! You're out of order. The whole freaking system is out of order. You want the truth? You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do! Forget it, Marge. It's Chinatown!" - Homer's rant.

the original Sex Pistol

A great clipsohow, a good episode, it had some great jokes, I gave it a 3/5

i don't really like clip shows, it's nice to see some funny scenes again, but i prefer the whole episodes.

2/5

Probably the best clip show, which isn't saying much. This is, of course, due to entertaining wrap-arounds and an entirely-new first act more than anything. 3/5

You Know, THAT one ThatAsianGuy's Avatar

Alright for a first-clip show but still kind of weak in my mind. 138th is still the definitive clip-show. 3/5

I survived the Monorail TerwilligerBob's Avatar

I would rate this the worst episode of season 4, but it's the best clipshow ever by a long shot. I absolutely loved the April Fools prank, I really almost killed myself laughing at Homer downing chips in the broiling hot living room, and the explosion. The clips were well integrated into the story, instead of stupid "remember when...." cutaways, so that it didn't feel quite so much like a clipshow. I especially loved the thirty or forty "D'oh!"s. And there were some nice moments in between clips, like the "One flew over the cuckoos nest" parody, especially Moe's line "He really needs a girlfriend."; Grandpa being a typical abusive old bat of a father; and Lisa playing her saxophone for Homer. All in all, 4/5. If only they had done the same with the other clipshows...
    "Attention Duelists!"

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This and the one from season 6, are the clip shows i dislike the most

2/5

King of the Rock Bottom The Sovereign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3/5, which is pretty good for a clip show

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leaving out the traditional handicap that the fans find at the clip shows and involves being clip shows (an idea that I will never understand), this is an excellent episode which could work even without recycling previous images.
    Homer is too well-depicted here, and the plot makes nods to everything that characterizes him: childish behaviour (his jokes to Bart), gluttony (the chocolate bar's machine scene), laziness (deciding to remain sitting despite being thirsty), pure stupidity (misinterpreting the "Don't drink alcohol" advertisement and being actually convinced of taking a beer), easy anger (when he wakes up after Bart confesses his joke), etc. Bart was also well introduced to the story, with his funny confrontation against Homer.
    The scenes where the episode's own plot is developed are all hilarious. The beginning with Homer's jokes, the origins of the April Fool's Day (and the funny tactic that changes the narrated story depending on who is telling it, also used in the Halloween segment The Raven and And Maggie Makes Three), Homer giving the whole idea for Bart's joke so clearly, the whole scene of Bart trying to make Homer go for a beer, Wiggum's appearance...

At the hospital the episode becomes a clip show at all. But it doesn't lose its quality. The scenes that remember old clips are all so well introduced (I specially love the one made for the "Land of chocolate"'s) that they fit perfectly, not only for the compilation but even for the whole plot, using its natural development to choose them (for example, the doctor that comments Homer's health and is later recognized as the veterinarian of Dogs Of Death). Also, Bart remembering a clip from Itchy & Scratchy was a hilarious self-referencial joke.
    These characteristics make all the difference between this and later clip shows that are focused on a topic (love, songs) and show indiscriminate scenes of older episodes about them. The fact that there isn't a single subject for them here makes this episode more dynamic than the other ones. And that, with an excellent script and an impeccable way to link scenes, makes this episode being an extremely underconsiderate masterpiece at all.

10/10

the experimental prototype community of tomorrow

The Best Clip Show Ever, Making it a 2/5.

The non-clip bits (which is about the only way to rate the particular episode) are very consistent with the usual quality of season 4. I'll give it a low 4 seeing as the clips don't even really come into until the second act.

The first act is without a doubt one of the top 5 first acts in the entire series. That fact alone makes this episode a 5/5. Homer is characterized absolutely perfectly. His characterization in the first act of this clip show is the standard of Homer by which all other episodes should be judged. Everything he does and says is absolute gold.

Just the scene with Homer sitting on the couch stuffing his face with pretzels, sweating, then saying: "So thirsty...." "Eh, what are you gonna do?" is enough to make me laugh my ass off for 5 minutes.

This is the best clip show of the series, although the 138th Episode Spectacular is pretty damn good too.
    "She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive, man."

Best clip show ever. I really loved this one, the first act was probably one of the funniest of season 4 and even the parts with the clips were funny and entertaining. 4/5

Nothing Goes Over My Head Walid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's a pretty good one for a clip show, the first act is pretty great all the way through. 3/5, maybe 4/5

Groin-grabbingly transcedent Uosdwis R. Jewoh's Avatar

4/5 i don't like clipshows in general, but the beginning to this episode is absolutely priceless

Blog Entries

At least it didn't do what "Another Simpsons Clip Show" and "Gump Roast" did, and put some effort into a story, but "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular" will be the best clip show ever.

I loved the joke where Barney grabbed a drinking fountain and broke out of the hospital, with Moe stating that he really needs a girlfriend.

4/5

The non-clipshow scenes are great, but I'm not a big fan of clipshows in general (except for 138th episode spectacular, that one ruled). Of course the Barney joke was great, everyone was in character, the vending machine joke was excellent too, and there's one of my favorite scenes from the show: "April's fooo(BOOM!)". 4.5/5 (4/5, since there's no .5 in the actual poll).

Blog Entries

Meh. It's good, but no 138th.

Thread Information