View Poll Results: How would you rate She of Little Faith episode?

Voters
228. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 - Terrible!

15 6.58%
  • 2/5 - Fair

22 9.65%
  • 3/5 - Average

52 22.81%
  • 4/5 - Good

91 39.91%
  • 5/5 - Excellent!

48 21.05%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate She of Little Faith episode?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

How would you rate She of Little Faith episode?

hey are you guys just as psyched as i am about the first new al jean episode on sunday? only 4 days!!!

Hell yes! Plus, it's an xmas episode, and I always like that.

Homer: Look, I found the dog! Now our Christmas will be complete!
    Marge: We're looking for Lisa!

Aside from the fact that Al Jean is involved, I'm glad that this episode has such an intruiging plot, plus the episode is about Lisa, and she's one of the characters I feel I can relate best too. :lisa:
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Stonecutter

this is one of the eps. ive been looking fwrd too. the preview was pretty funny

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On a side note, Richard Gere's son is named Homer!

Jake

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

Originally posted by Jake
    On a side note, Richard Gere's son is named Homer!

Jake
    Wow, that's pretty weird.

While we're talking about Gere, though, I've kind of tired of having a guest appearane every week, so I hope Gere can really add something. Even in the older eps, when there wasn't as much of a saturation of guest stars, whenever a guest star plays him/herself, his/her scenes tend to be the low points of the episodes.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by DotheBartman

Wow, that's pretty weird.

While we're talking about Gere, though, I've kind of tired of having a guest appearane every week...
    Well, the show is ailing, so they need as many guest stars to keep the ratings up.

Jake :rolleyes

Well, the show is ailing, so they need as many guest stars to keep the ratings up.

Jake :rolleyes
    Ugh, your probably right that that is why they are doing that, but they shouldn't have to. When I look back at classics like Lisa the Vegetarian or Flaming Moe's, and I try to think of the parts that made me laugh the most, the guest appearances almost never come to mind first. Lisa the Vegetarian, for instance, was pure gold throught, but if I had to pick the weakest scene, it would have to be Paul and Linda McCartney as themselves. With Flaming Moe's that is intensified even more, as, while the episode itself was hilarious, Moe singing with Aerosmith was pointless, unfunny, and unneeded. I just hope Gere can defeat the odds (Leonard Nemoy did so in The Springfield Files) and provide a scene that doesn't end up being the weakest part of the whole episode. Oh, and as usual, I do hope he doesn't provide much of a role, as When you Dish Upon a Star didn't dish out too many laughs for me, and Beyond Blunderdome was truely a blunder (had to type that).

Yeah, I was gonna point out that Gere's guest-spot will likely be similar to Paul and Linda's in "Lisa the Vegetarian", which I actually really liked, especially the "Would you like to hear a song?" "Wow thatd be great!" "Okay, take it Apu!" bit. That was a major highlite of the episode.

Straight-Shootin' Sonofagun

My TV Guide says that Mr. Burns raises money to rebuild the church, and that spawns Lisa's interest in Buddhism. I don't see why. Furthermore, that seems completely out-of-character for Mr. Burns.
    Signatures are so overrated!

Ryan, this description will clear it all up for you:

"The trouble starts when congregants of the First Church of Springfield, faced with a sudden need for funds after Homer destroys the church, turn for help to Mr. Burns, who turns the church into a business (“The old church was skewing pious,” says his advisor). Enter podium-placed advertising and in-sermon commercials; and exit an outraged Lisa. Her disenchantment leads her to the Springfield Buddhist Temple and to Richard Gere, who introduces her to teachings she finds easy to embrace. All of which has Rev. Lovejoy wondering what to do about “Marge Simpson's devil daughter" who's only present problem is finding it hard to not celebrate Christmas. "

World's Fattest Racehorse

I don't what to expect. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed with the preview. It just seemed like more Scully crap to me.
    "The strength of the show is the characters -- that's the strength of any good show. Since they've gotten more mainstream, they keep wanting to go for the easy laughs, the stupid jokes. I think it's the wrong move, and an insult to the intelligence of the audience." -- Yeardly Smith

Junior Camper

I'm really really looking foreward to this episode too, but I have to agree, the commercials, and ANOTHER guest star starring as himself, makes this look exactly like Scully's crap. For some reason, I predict that the show won't improve instantly, instead it will take a few months. They couldn't go from crappy to great in one episode, could they?
    AKA "NoOneFamous"

In Rod We Trust.

Originally posted by InanimateCarbonRod
    I'm really really looking foreward to this episode too, but I have to agree, the commercials, and ANOTHER guest star starring as himself, makes this look exactly like Scully's crap. For some reason, I predict that the show won't improve instantly, instead it will take a few months. They couldn't go from crappy to great in one episode, could they?
    I do agree that the previews aren't the best (although I did find it funny), but keep in mind that Fox tends to advertise the worst parts of any given episode. For instance, all the ads for Hungry Hungry Homer that I saw featured one joke "I'm wasting away, I'm down to a bea-cup!" which was an okay joke, but probably the worst of the entire episode.

However, I do agree that the show wont take a 180 turn instantly. Like how the show gradually declined, it will only gradually improve, if it does at all (and I think we all hope it does).

And Tomacco, I do agree that the guest appearance was funny, but somehow it just isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the episode. The whole thing was hilarious, but I think the best parts didn't have any guest voices attached to them, aside from Phil Hartman.

Overall, though, I'm fine with the occasional self-played guest star. My main problem with it is that its getting pretty tedious when some celebrity visits Springfield every week. Come on! This is supposed to be "America's Crudbucket", how many celebrities would honestly wont to go there? Anyways, though, I do hope Richard Gere can legitimately add to the episode, I'm just not holding my breath on his scenes like I'm holding my breath on the rest of it.

Yeah, I don't like all these guests either. But there aren't THAT many left this season from what I know.

Also, I don't think it'll make an instant improvement either. Just like the first few Scully episodes were season 8 quality. I really liked the first few Scully episodes. So, I expect Jean kept things going the way they were, and he saw what he wants to change over a few episodes, and then started to gradually change it after a few episodes. I speak in past tense cuz all these episodes have already been made.

Blog Entries

Originally posted by Tomacco
    Yeah, I don't like all these guests either. But there aren't THAT many left this season from what I know.
    I don't think there's many living guests left who can appear. Perhaps Springfield should be renamed: "Hollywoodfield".

Jake

Pin Pal

I don't think there's many living guests left who can appear. Perhaps Springfield should be renamed: "Hollywoodfield".

Jake
    ZING!

Evil Dictator

I'm interested in seeing whether Marge and Homer get Lisa a Christmas present or not. They might do, just to be nice, or they may respect her new religion and not.

Originally posted by Tomacco
    Ryan, this description will clear it all up for you:

"The trouble starts when congregants of the First Church of Springfield, faced with a sudden need for funds after Homer destroys the church, turn for help to Mr. Burns, who turns the church into a business (“The old church was skewing pious,” says his advisor). Enter podium-placed advertising and in-sermon commercials; and exit an outraged Lisa. Her disenchantment leads her to the Springfield Buddhist Temple and to Richard Gere, who introduces her to teachings she finds easy to embrace. All of which has Rev. Lovejoy wondering what to do about “Marge Simpson's devil daughter" who's only present problem is finding it hard to not celebrate Christmas. "
    Thanks!

in 19 something and 5 mitch mitchell's Avatar

Sounds like it has some potential. Kind of bummed I'm going to miss it...

Originally posted by Hugh Jass
    Sounds like it has some potential. Kind of bummed I'm going to miss it...
    Why can't you tape it?

in 19 something and 5 mitch mitchell's Avatar

My VCR decided it doesn't want to accept tapes anymore. I've had it for 4 years, so I can't complain too much. I bet I end up getting someone to tape it...

I think this episode sounds really good, and not too wacky( Except Homer destroying the church ). I also think Richard Gere will play a good part in it, as it seems to be him who convinces Lisa to convert to Buddhism. Also, unlike The Skoot, I think Lisa will become a Christian again at the end, as the draw of Christmas is too much for her. Perhaps it will end with the family going out and buying her a present of her choice, with Lisa only deciding to stay Christian on Christmas Eve. That would be nice.

Looking for Inner Peace

I don't know what to think. I think that everyone is making to big of a deal about Al Jean. This episode doesn't sound like the "savior" everybody is talking about. I think it might be a slow start. But hey, I could be wrong. Besides, the season is fine so far. As for Gere, how does he fit into the epsiode.
    Radiationdude7

Josh wants what it wants.

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

I think it's interesting that the supposed 'savior' episode is a Christmas episode. Is Al Jean giving birth to Christ with this episode or something?
    I think it'd be a big mistake to have Lisa become a Buddhist, but also a bad idea to introduce Buddhism in the episode, have Lisa study it, then decide not to get into it. Sounds like a dismissal of the entire belief system. So I'm a little uncomfortable with the whole idea, though I've got some hope for this episode.

FOX must really like the episode, because they're airing it twice!

1st airing: December 16, 2001
    2nd airing: December 25, 2001

hasn't been here in a decade Stitchface's Avatar

Richard Gere is a buddhist,thats how he fits into the episode,I'm guessing Lisa stumbles upon him and then starts liking Buddhism
    if you like math rock please check out my band thinguins /shameless plug

barneybeergumble

How would you rate She of Little Faith episode?

Rate it once you see it!

Junior Camper

Hilarious episode!

Junior Camper

I take it back, its craptacular.

Thread Information