• 1/10

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R+R Blood Feud

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Stonecutter

R+R Blood Feud

It had its moments, but not a great episode. 6/10

"Hello my name is Mr. Burns"...the best part of the ep.

thank you based god SideshowTim's Avatar

Pretty Funny Episode IMO It was when the show started getting really really good 4/5

Fisheads, Fisheads

I agree, I think that's when the show started to get good. Not the best episode, but def on the up side of the halfway mark. 4/5.

4/5. Really good episode.

Bender

Boring. 2/5. I'm not a big fan of season 2 episodes but some of them can be good - but this one just stood out to me as a crappy episode.

The Lizard King

4/5 pretty good.

wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat eddie's Avatar

4/5. Very good episode. Not my fave of Season Two (that still goes to "Three Men and a Comic Book"), but definitely one of the funnest of the season, and the best Mr. Burns episode of that season, too.

He's undeniably real George Cauldron's Avatar

9/10. Definitely not crap or boring. Here, the characters are at their most human, and every situation COULD happen in real life. A far cry from the wackiness of later seasons.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: amr diab

6/10 - A good season 2 ep, but not one of my greatest of all time
    Sig Free since '03

gimme a break dad Sloppy Jimbo XOX's Avatar

4/5
    signature

Deutschland Uber Alles!! wee raging wilie's Avatar

7/10 I like the ending. When they get the giant sculpted head and how Mr. Burns feels so proud of himself.

Junior Camper

3/5. An above average episode

First episode I ever saw. Loved it then, love it now. 9/10.

what's an applebees Necromancer's Avatar

4/5, 8/10, good episode

i am the killer dressed in pilgrim's clothing.

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

A good episode, though I wonder what people would think of the strange ending if this episode had aired today.

Funniest moment:
    "Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me."
    "Ok, Mr. Burns, what's your first name?"
    "I...don't know!"

Nuclear launch detected. Simpson Purist's Avatar

8/10, not an original idea but it provides many great laughs.

It's like swallowing Draino

Honestly, I have nothing but love in my heart for this episode; I can't remember anything cringeworthy about it at all, and there were so many good lines, I can't put them all down. (And I love Mr. Burns episodes.) Then again, after prolonged exsposure to the modern seasons, one begins to see the classic season through rose-colored glasses.

10/10...and I don't just hand those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Nigga Storage
    steve scrivlelaopfjiore, harleenquinn, spikeyhairedhooligan, and ppoi are actually all the same poster.

Not a r-tard

Honestly, I have nothing but love in my heart for this episode; I can't remember anything cringeworthy about it at all, and there were so many good lines, I can't put them all down. (And I love Mr. Burns episodes.) Then again, after prolonged exsposure to the modern seasons, one begins to see the classic season through rose-colored glasses.

10/10...and I don't just hand those out.
    Agreed - A
    Season Grades...
    1 - B, 2 - A+, 3 - A, 4 - A+, 5 - A-, 6 - A+, 7 - A+, 8 - A, 9 - C+, 10 - D+, 11 - F, 12 - C-, 13 - B-, 14 - B, 15 - B+, 16 - B, 17 - C+, 18 - C-

Season 19
    He Loves to Fly and He D'ohs - D+/D
    The Homer of Seville - C-
    Midnight Towboy - N/A
    I Don't Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - B-

9/10; a good reason why Season 2 isn't the undeveloped boredom some people claim it is.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

one of season 2's finest, classic Burns, love that he goes from wanting Homer dead to being overjoyed in the mall trying to find the perfect gift, Will there ever be a rainbow indeed, 9/10
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Don't bad-mouth the head! Xt'Tapalatakettle's Avatar

10/10... for obvious reasons.
    Favorite Episodes (by Season): Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted, Call of the Simpsons
    Season 2: Blood Feud, Itchy & Scratchy & Marge, Bart the Daredevil
    Season 3: Radio Bart, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Bart the Murderer
    Season 4: Homer the Heretic, Krusty Gets Kancelled, The Front
    Season 5: Cape Feare, The Last Temptation of Homer, Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song
    Season 6: Bart's Girlfriend, Bart of Darkness, Homie the Clown
    Season 7: Summer of 4ft 2, Lisa the Iconoclast, Bart Sells His Soul
    Season 8: The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show, The Springfield Files, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
    Season 9: Girly Edition, The Cartridge Family, Lisa the Skeptic
    Season 10: They Saved Lisa's Brain, Lisa Gets an A, Simpsons Bible Stories
    Season 11: Grift of the Magi, Brother's Little Helper, Beyond Blunderdome
    Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Trilogy of Error
    Season 13: The Bart Wants What It Wants, Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge, Sweets and Sour Marge
    Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can, The Bart of War, Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
    Season 15: Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Tis the Fifteenth Season, The Wandering Juvie
    Season 16: Thank God It's Doomsday, The Heartbroke Kid, Fat Man and Little Boy
    Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story, Marge's Son Poisoning, Bart Has Two Mommies
    Season 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple, 24 Minutes, Little Big Girl
    Season 19: The Debarted, Midnight Towboy, Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind
    Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone, Take My Life Please, Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words

Mr. Burns is probably the most fascinating secondary character ever created for OFF and any episode from the classic Era featuring him in am major role is poised for greatness (usual exceptions aside) . He is in great form in this episode, with just the right amount of cold-heartedness ("I just robbed a man of his livelyhood yet I feel srangely empty.Tell you what Smithers, have him beaten to a pulp.) and the right amount of cynicism (his reaction at being asked with whom he had slept with) combined with just the right number of old-timey jokes. This episode is first of the genre of "just a bunch of stuff that happens" which it itself acknowledges very cleverly by mocking the notion of tv characters learning a lesson at the end of the episode.

This episode also features great performances by OFF and Smithers. Not only possessing the extremly charming witty dialogue-based humour of season 2, it has lots of stand-out gags (Homer's rendition of a standard letter, Homer's version of a bible story featuring Hercules who was showered with riches by a lion,the nuclear warning sign at the beginning). It has extremely hilarious quotable lines like : "My name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me", "Oh, hey there, Mr. uh... Brown-Shoes! How about that ..local sports team!" "Marge, you're my wife, I love you very much, but you're living in a world of make-believe! With flowers and bellsand leprechauns and magic frogs with funny little hats" . Also, this episode pretty much defined the role Smithers would continue to play in the later years : very caring about Burns, always ready to help Burns in endeavors with a substantial amount of toadying yet often acting as the only person who can serve as Burns's conscience.

Credit must also be given to the excellent animation direction in this by the great David Silverman. There is fabolous facial acting done by the characters : especially on Burns. The direction in the scenes taking place in his mansion and his office are fantastic with many subtle little effects such as extremely low lighting, dark colouring, slanted camera angles, slightly sinister background music truly making those places seem menacing. This episode set the tone for how Burn's mansion and office were to be animated : at least till Who Shot Mr. Burns Pt. 1. Once again, the gradual changing expression of Burn's face, from happy to furious as he reads Homer's letter is flawlessly done. Just like Sideshow Bob, Burns appears extremely menacing when he's shot from a very low angle. The scene where Burns' yells out "Judas!" at Smithers is one of the finest directions of a scene I have ever seen.
    It's a bit like having sex with a jellyfish: once might an interesting experiment, twice would be perversion!
    after I told him my name, he beat seven shades out of me and left me in a dumpster with a bar of soap shoved in my mouth and a brush shoved in where the sun doesn't shine

Formerly Mladen Rest your giant head's Avatar

I absolutely love Homer's characterisation and quotes in this episode: Homer trying to act like Burns,talking what kind of letters people write etc. Pretty good episode overall,but I didn't like the ending. 8.5/10 > 8/10 for the poll.

Hold onto your dick Green_Peaness's Avatar

One of the first laugh-a-minute episodes, and I love the ending...self-conscious moments that try to excuse the show aren't necessarily bad. A-
    Ultra-exclusive ass-burger club members: Green_Peaness, Mysti_Pony, Reverend Lovejoy, DoTheBartman, McMeatLoaf, BatofZion, ppoi307, Wendy Windbag

Seinfeld > Simpsons

Black music owns

I really do not like this episode

I find it dull beyond belief. I do think there are some nice moments here and there, mainly with Homer's letter, the mailman, and the obvious bank scene, but I can never get interested in this episode. The ending leaves me unsatisfied as well.

I don't think the fact that it's realistic redeems the fact that it's quite boring, in my oinion.
    Last edited by BrideofMoleman; 01-23-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries

This episode is not 10/10, but I think the episode style is close to Season 3~4-esque. The plot was actually better than I thought before I watched it. Some gags resembled the hilarity of Season 4 (Homer dreaming of choking Mr. Burns, Homer trying to disguise himself as Mr. Burns etc.). It's very hilarious in some ways.

Seriously, what if this episode came out in Season 3 or 4? An instant classic, in my opinion. This is how Season 2 is undervalued in some ways.

9/10

Conclusion: There is no moral in this episode.
    calmer than you are

but i'm a vampire General Jack D. Ripper's Avatar

9/10. Like most season 2 episodes, it has very solid characterizations, a good story (even if it is alittle disjointed for the era), and several good jokes. Plus, it has that great season 2 charm.

Only complaint is that the ending wasn't quite satisfying.

You're kidding? The whole bit with the mail lady was one of the funniest parts in season 2... 4.5/5

8/10, great episode.
    Kids, let me tell you about another so-called ``wicked'' guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas. He didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...
    I forget. But the point is... I forget that, too. Marge, you know what I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?

-- Homer's parable of the guy in the blue car, ``Homer the Heretic''

Ralph: I Won! I Won!
    Principal Skinner: No Ralph this means you're failing English
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.

You're deceptive

Voted 9/10 but I should have voted 10/10. So many hilarious moments. I love the gag with the guy in the lift.

Thread Information