View Poll Results: How would you rate THE BLUNDER YEARS episode?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5 terrible

10 12.50%
  • 2/5 fair

16 20.00%
  • 3/5 average

20 25.00%
  • 4/5 good

24 30.00%
  • 5/5 woo hoo!

10 12.50%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate THE BLUNDER YEARS episode?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

How would you rate THE BLUNDER YEARS episode?

Well, this is it! Scully's final outing! Here's the episode description for today's episode:

When Homer takes Marge out for a much-needed night out on the town, the pair dine at a nightclub where a hypnotist places Homer under a spell. Unable to snap out of it, he's left screaming even after he goes home. Lisa concludes Homer is traumatized by some terrifying event of the past and has a repressed memory. Marge cooks up a memory-sharpening tool causing a hypnotized Homer to reflect on his past escapades in search of the origin of his paranoia. Homer's trace down memory lane leads to some shocking discoveries about his (along with Lenny, Carl, and Moe as children) involvement with the death of Ernest K. Smithers.

I've been looking forward to this one for awhile, so I hope it lives up to my own hype! Heh heh.

Hype

Yeah man, I've been waitin for this one, it really sounds good.

All-Time Rankings
    1: Bart Gets An Elephant, 2: Duffless, 3: Lisa The Vegetarian

barneybeergumble

I've been waiting for this one also. It sounds pretty good. A week seems like the longest time when your talking about the simpsons. Is this thread for reviews also? If it is, it should be on sticky right about now.

Yeah, I want this to be for reviews also, so people won't be switching betwen threads. So, to everyone, if you make another thread, I'll just delete it. One episode doesn't need more than one thread.

milpool

Wow, that's a pretty totalitarian statement... At any rate, this week's episode does look like it will be great. They all are, in some respect.

World's Fattest Racehorse

Yeah, I can't wait to see Homer, Lenny, Carl, and Moe as children.
    "The strength of the show is the characters -- that's the strength of any good show. Since they've gotten more mainstream, they keep wanting to go for the easy laughs, the stupid jokes. I think it's the wrong move, and an insult to the intelligence of the audience." -- Yeardly Smith

I Killed Superman

I love when they have flashbacks in the episodes. A whole episode with flashbacks will be even better.

Right from the moment I read the description for thios episode last year, I thought this episode looked like a parody of "Stand By Me", the flashback movie where a kid and his three friends go searching for a dead body. In this episode, Homer and his three friends search for the body of Ernest K. Smithers. Now that I see the picture above, I believe even more that this will be a parody of the movie. The characters are even dressed like the 4 kids in Stand By Me!

Stonecutter

How would you rate THE BLUNDER YEARS episode?

after viewing tonight's episode, fill out the poll & type down your reviews on Scully's last episode. cya at 8:30 est

Computer Face/Pure Being StrideR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really hope it's good. It's Scully's last chance to make a good impression on me.
    Christ

BangBangBart

I can't wait, it sounds soooo awesome!

The Whole Damn Show blockyourfather's Avatar

Thou will be done.
    Let the fools have their tar-tar sauce.

block

on earth as it is in heaven
    "Oh my great good god, gentlemen your attention please, I am detecting a gigantic amphibious life form, It's eighty meters long and is heading right this way, oh good glayvin it's on my shoe, it's a small frog, just get off, get off, get out, get out! Stupid machine, oh this isn't the monsterometer, it's the frog exaggerator."

Blog Entries

I saw the previews, and I'm kinda a little put off by Homer's screaming. It's not his trademark scream. I first noticed this one in "Trilogy of error." It's just not like the Homer I know.

I hope I'm just complaining about nothing.

give us this day

Blog Entries

I smell a lawsuit.

BangBangBart

Our daily beer

and forgive us from spamming

Less than 4 and a half hours till it airs! I can hardly wait. I am excited about Futurama tonight too.

I've wanted to see this one for a while, that and "She of Little Faith". Hopefully it will be another great episode. I kinda wish Fox would show more detailed information in the previews than Homer screaming though. Fox always tends to advertise the least good parts, it seems.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

Blog Entries

my opinion

Well, not as good as expected.. I was dissappointed with it. The first act was pretty weak, Homer screaming was a pain in the ears... Could've used a few more 'Child' scenes and (funny) jokes. It seemed over pretty fast because of the first act, what was a shame. At least the plot kept this thing interesting, Smither being gay was explained and Moe got funny over the end credits..

6,5/10

Ruler of the Underworld

I found the new episode on irc, connect to any dal net server and go to channel #simpsons-central and type /ctcp [sc]NewEncodes XDCC Send #1. Other people probale have it there as well but it's kinda busy at the moment so you may have to wait a while if you want it.You could also try #simpsons they might have it.

oh and i forgot to say register your nick or u won't be able to join the channel.
    Last edited by PrinceBejeeta; 12-09-2001 at 02:56 PM.

Junior Camper

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but this episode, "The Blunder Years," is without a doubt, worthy of the TOP 5 WORST SIMPSONS EPISODES EVER AIRED. It is just disgraceful, with virtually zero plot. The only laugh is from Homer's constant screaming as shown in the previews. I can't believe how bad this episode was. Just see for yourself.

The Whole Damn Show blockyourfather's Avatar

For some reason, I love flashback episodes, and The Blunder Years is no exception; Homer's screaming fit was overused, but still funny. However, the revelation of Smithers, Sr. was unwelcome IMO.

Eh...

I dunno, it wasn't all that great, it had some good parts.
    Plot was not horribly far fetched.
    The whole Moe and Carl and Lenny leaving the house
    part was really time consuming.
    Probably my favorite part was when
    Homer was lying still face down on the sofa
    and you could hear the muffled screams.
    Oh yeah, and the part where Homer says, "See
    Lisa, now do you believe dead rats float."
    And she says yes in a terrified voice.

I give it a C
    Last edited by Tirefire; 12-09-2001 at 05:38 PM.

Review: "The Blunder Years"

Well, that's the end of the Scully era. Anyway, this week's episode was pretty good. Not joke driven, really, but still good enough. It was interesting to see Smithers' father. There were some inconsistencies
    in this episode, but I didn't mind them too much.

Grade: B+
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

I Killed Superman

Wow, this was one of the best episodes. The whole thing was real funny. The plot all tied toghther. It was all a good use of minor characters. The barney part was really funny. I also liked the part where fat tony and his crew were all hanging out growing weed. Great episode. Whoever didnt like this episode shouldnt even be watchin the show. So stop bitching. It was a good episode.

Junior Camper

Thumbs Down Not funny

Not a single laugh. All the jokes seemed stale, dumb, or just plained reeked off effort. The only thing that got even a chuckle from me was Burn's "If you see only one movie this year proving my innocence..." which still seemed labored. The plot was okay, but I'd rather have liked seeing the Smither's baby more oppenly display affection for Burns as a foreshadowing to their future relationship.
    I give it a C+.
    "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!..I'm a human being,GODDAMNIT! My life has value."

Peter Finch, Network(1976)

Junior Camper

Thank God

That was the last of the Scully's. And now for the era of Al Jean and Jon Vitti....revisited.

Total wasted potential. I'll write my full review on my site soon enough.

Thread Information