View Poll Results: How would you rate

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5: If he cut himself, he wouldn't know how to bleed.

4 2.07%
  • 2/5: Graduate of the University of Phoenix

16 8.29%
  • 3/5: G.E.D, or Similar

45 23.32%
  • 4/5: Knowing what truly Matters

81 41.97%
  • 5/5: He stole your diary

47 24.35%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "The Dad Who Knew Too Little" (EABF03)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal

Originally posted by Tomacco
    Speaking of Lisa, I don't know how people are overlooking that she was horribly annoying in this episode. I was very upset with her early scene where she said to Homer and Marge "just get me the friggin' toy".
    I couldn't agree more. I mentioned in my review that Lisa saying "friggen" was just too much like a swear for her.

Maddog.

Speaking of Lisa, I don't know how people are overlooking that she was horribly annoying in this episode. I was very upset with her early scene where she said to Homer and Marge "just get me the friggin' toy". That was probably the most out-of-character moment for Lisa I've ever witnessed. I didn't enjoy her protest scenes at all either. I normally find it okay when they have her protesting things that are built up throughout an episode, but just having her protest for animal's rights as if it's some kind of hobby made it annoying.
    Glad you caught it too. For all the Lisa fans this forum seems to employ, I was quite surprised by the almost zero criticism revolving around her.

Dang it, you beat me by a second Maddog. Well, at least Homer was well characterized.

Creamy Goodness

It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I'm confused!

Where's the Beef?

To those who don't know, the couchgag is a reference to a famous photo. Friends did a parody of it in the soundtrack "Friends again." Anyway, I agree this ep had too much out of line "swearing." But I had to give it 5/5 because I havn't laughed so much in a long time and so much at a Simpsons ep. since Little Girl in the Big Ten (or maybe even ever!)Maybe I was just in a good mood after studying for finals all day. I even really liked Ralph. But after "Maggie isn't my best friend" I would expect to see Janie also. And on another note, Homer acted like in a season 5 ep (almost). It's my S14 fav. ep!

Please excuse the randomness of this ramble. It really is getting late.

Edit: Question I forgot to ask: How did the detective sell the pigs/monkeys to the circus if he had no relation to them?

And I loved how they didn't overexaggerate subtle jokes
    "Favorite parent:mother" for example

Edit 2: Did anyone else like that it was Lisa's birthday but it mentioned her being eight later?
    Last edited by Bubble Crum; 01-12-2003 at 09:25 PM.

On a low note, it pains me to say that it seems King of the Hill is jumping the shark this season. Laughs have been at a low, and plots have been either plain weird or boring. I don't know what's going on there. And you know me, I'm a huge KOTH fan. And why was the first ep tonight so out of season?
    Signature.

Crime Scene Investigator *Waylon Smithers*'s Avatar

Agreed, Tomacco. The two episodes tonight were low on humor.

Yeah? What's with it being Halloween in January?...

See You Space Cowboy.....

Originally posted by "Yes i Cannibus"
    how have i rubbed you the wrong way, all i did was stand up for a great episode which farscaper put down without even seeing

i'm a hero
    He didn't say anything about the episode. All I saw was you making a jerk out of yourself and making archaic nerd jokes and bashing Farscape, which has no palce in this thread.

If your a hero then I could easily get the job of divine being with little effort.
    S1.3 LIS+++ BOB++ BAR++ BUR+
    f+++ Ips $+++ 7F19, 2F15, 3F22, 3F02, 3F07 M1981

"The strength of the show is the characters - that's the strength of any good show. Since they've gotten more mainstream, they keep wanting to go for the easy laughs, the stupid jokes. I think it's the wrong move, and an insult to the intelligence of the audience." - Yeardley Smith

uses the extra dimension. Rekart's Avatar

First off, I haven't seen the episode yet, someone taped it for me though.

Second, I'm a little late, but, I don't believe the Simpsons is a nerd show. Just because there are message boards and sites dedicated to it means nothing. There are too many fans of the Simpsons for it to be a nerd show. Some people are definitely nerds, yes, but it's not a nerd show

Junior Camper

Loved last week's ep. Boo-urns this week. 1/5

Excuse me but does anyone have a screen shot of Lisa with her "Powerpuff girl" hair?

As for the quality of the episode I will give it a 3/5, average not terribly LOL funny but a few chuckles here and there. Ah, another Homer/Lisa relationship eppie.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by jesus plays his hits
    i get the feeling that faggots here actually go into the episode thinking "boy am i going to hate this one!" light yourselves on fire, assholes.
    We'll do it if you go first.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Handsome Pete
    For example, I was sickened by how Marge simply allowed Bart to throw spaghetti into the fan just so she could find something to take her mind off Homer and Lisa. It's that kind of material that really makes an episode bad.
    If that was the only side of the joke, then it would've been stupid, but the cuteness of Maggie dropping her bowl right after Bart's bowl toss made the scene funny, IMO.

Anyway, this was enjoyable episode that is the best Season 14 episode to date. Nothing really bad, except Homer being too stupid here and there. The asking and yelling at Lisa about what her favorite cigars were was unnerving, but moments like that were overshadowed by extremely funny bits, like the "Lisa" video.

Suprisingly, the Simpsons tonight was funnier than Futurama, and I don't think I've said that in a while.

Simpsons: A-
    Futurama: B
    King of the Hill: Didn't see it yet.

Jake

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Originally posted by Milhouse Vanhouten
    second off maybe you have not been watching the show long enough to know a "mediocure" episode when you see it, this hardly falls in the catagory of good.
    With comments like this, you're being just as bad as he is.

a malcolm and a archer

Originally posted by "Yes i Cannibus"
    how have i rubbed you the wrong way, all i did was stand up for a great episode which farscaper put down without even seeing

i'm a hero
    farscapers taken a lot of crap ever since leaving the show (yes from myself included, if anyone remembers)

ive learned that its no use to try and change poeple's minds. it hardly ever works. voicing your opinions in this sort of way will just make you look bad. am i opinionated and voice my opinions loudly sometimes? hell yes. but ive learned that it works best not to argue your point because its never too successful. you should just let it go

Agree with Tomacco 100%. Definitely a 3/5.

Stonecutter

I've watched the episode twice now, and 4/5 it is. Very nice episode with great laughs. The ending too was hilarious involving Lisa's diary.

Futurama was also great, and both King of the Hills were just plain awful.

Nuclear launch detected. Simpson Purist's Avatar

Speaking of Lisa, I don't know how people are overlooking that she was horribly annoying in this episode. I was very upset with her early scene where she said to Homer and Marge "just get me the friggin' toy". That was probably the most out-of-character moment for Lisa I've ever witnessed.
    How is this any different from the moment in "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" when Lisa pushed all those kids out of the way in an attempt to get a Malibu Stacy doll?

Pin Pal

tommacco is incorrect

Stonecutter

No good

I really didn't like this episode much maybe like a 2.6 out of 5. There wasn't anything wrong with the main plot, but it wasn't that funny and a lot of stuff bugged me. I hate the stupid Marge cleaning jokes. Marge used to be annoyed when her family was messy not excited. Lisa "just get me the freaking toy" what was that. Nothing really made me laugh. Last weeks was way better.
    LAST CHARACTER STANDING: VOTE NOW!

http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=65789

For everyone that missed the couch gag it was a parody of this famous photo taken in New York in 1932

http://artwork.barewalls.com/product...09349&thumbs=1

I thouhgt this ep was pretty good I really liked the cannon reference, padz, and some classic wiggum. Not quite as good as Special Edna IMO 4/5

Junior Camper

I gave it a 4/5 i found it really funny and I laughed a lot. There were some jokes that wernt funny at all though. I liked the tickle me Krusty doll "I'm anatomacly correct - go ahead, take a peek!"

Pin Pal

this episode gets a 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749 44 out of a possible 3.2415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749 44

Stonecutter

ha ha no

Jeez I get no props for finding that link to the couch gag it only took me 20 mins to find... I get no respect j/k

Pin Pal

who are you

Secretary of Partying Down

Good episode! I would give it a 4/5. I would also agree that for a lisa centered episode, I liked it more than usual.

Excellent laughs in many different places. "So sad, yet so sexy, yet so delicious!"

Some slow moments, and Lisa saying "friggin?" and Marge allowing it? But a good show!

ak

Presumed dead or on vacation Robbie's Avatar

Yeah, I really liked this episode. There was nothing that had me rolling, but I thought it was consistently funny throughout.

And on another note, since when is "friggin'" a cuss word?

lisa was kind of annoying... but not as annoying as she'll probably be in "Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky." Lisa protests ____ formula is almost as bad as Homer getting a new job. Lisa protests _____ was funny, but it has been executed poorly of late.

One of the things I noticed about the third act is that it didn't really try hard to be funny. I only loled once but still enjoyed the episode. It kept me interested... It is odd... since I complain about how there are so few good jokes.
    I'm back.

Akbar

3 5. it didn't feel right. The chracters were inconsistent. It was funny though(Rods space adventure) Large Marge definetly is the best of this season though.

Thread Information