View Poll Results: How would you rate

Voters
195. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5: If he cut himself, he wouldn't know how to bleed.

4 2.05%
  • 2/5: Graduate of the University of Phoenix

17 8.72%
  • 3/5: G.E.D, or Similar

45 23.08%
  • 4/5: Knowing what truly Matters

82 42.05%
  • 5/5: He stole your diary

47 24.10%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: "The Dad Who Knew Too Little" (EABF03)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

Also tried to get the chunkylover23 (or 53, whatever it was) screenname after the scene aired.. too late. Loved the Flanders videos and Cletus' lines... very enjoyable episode. 4/5.

Nuclear launch detected. Simpson Purist's Avatar

Could somebody please tell me what the couch gag (and chalkboard, if any) was? My local FOX station didn't cut to the network feed in time .

I thought it was a fairly good episode, but thanks to a screw-up at WTTG Fox 5, instead of the first act, I got to see the first act of The Computer Wore Menace Shoes. What happened up until the Skinner/pants scene?

4/5

Too good episodes in a row, that's a good sign since Season 14 was kind of a let down in the beginning. Not to copy Citizen Kang, I also did an IM to another Chunky Lover person..

BRENTWOOD23: Hey!
    BRENTWOOD23: do you realize Homer said this is what his screen name was tonight?!!!
    chunkylover35: he copied me
    chunkylover35: cuz im the coolest person on the net
    BRENTWOOD23: was it 23 or 35?
    BRENTWOOD23: somebody else said it was 23 but I think I hear 35
    chunkylover35: it was actaully 53
    BRENTWOOD23: dammit
    BRENTWOOD23: Everyone has been IMing everybody with " ChunkyLover" in the name tonight
    BRENTWOOD23: out of all the people I could IMed who had this name, you are a Simspons fan? I have a weird feeling you just made this name right now
    chunkylover35: yeah i regestered it right after he said it

4/5

Great episode. Some cons but mostly good things. One of the better ones recently.

Where's the Beef?

5/5 PADZ, Skinner's red dot, and Lisa's video had me laughing out loud and I loved it.

See You Space Cowboy.....

4/5

I have nothing to add that hasn't been said. A little heart goes a long way.
    S1.3 LIS+++ BOB++ BAR++ BUR+
    f+++ Ips $+++ 7F19, 2F15, 3F22, 3F02, 3F07 M1981

"The strength of the show is the characters - that's the strength of any good show. Since they've gotten more mainstream, they keep wanting to go for the easy laughs, the stupid jokes. I think it's the wrong move, and an insult to the intelligence of the audience." - Yeardley Smith

Computer Face/Pure Being StrideR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by "Yes i Cannibus"
    best episode of the last 10 years, this rocked, but where was homers oz jr joke i saw in the commercial?

definetly the best lisa episode of all time

and to the guy who didn't like it, i say you watch to much of that crappy farscape, now thats a bad show and its the biggest nerd show on tv

watch less of that and more of the simpsons
    I hope you realize that anything you insult now automatically looks good.

Nobody asked your opinion on FarScape. Would you like it if I made fun of Blues Clues or Teletubbies?

Dumbass...
    Christ

I assume you're still continuing your new episode "fasting" FarScapeR yes?

Junior Camper
    A place where people can dance and eat stuff

IT was pretty god and had lots of good jokes but I felt like the episode was going really fast like if it just happened in one day.
    But overall pretty great
    4/5

4/5, deserved.

Junior Camper

Originally posted by Simpson Purist
    Could somebody please tell me what the couch gag (and chalkboard, if any) was? My local FOX station didn't cut to the network feed in time .
    there was no chalkboard

and the couch gag was

they were on a beam and it was being lowered by a crane, also it was in black and white

it was very funny
    Last edited by "Yes i Cannibus"; 01-12-2003 at 06:18 PM.

The Dictator

good episode. its def improving, 3.5\5

slouching toward nirvana nathan's Avatar

2.5/5, this was horrible, almost as bad as Helter Shelter. The whole episode was made up of cheap hit or miss jokes. Complete and Udder crap. I knew it was going to be bad when homer started eating pants, its just plain stupid.

Last edited by Simpson Purist; 01-12-2003 at 07:23 PM.

Junior Camper

Originally posted by FarScapeR

I hope you realize that anything you insult now automatically looks good.

Nobody asked your opinion on FarScape. Would you like it if I made fun of Blues Clues or Teletubbies?

Dumbass...
    i was simply saying that farscape sucks big balls, and you are such a nerd for watching it that you don't know a good simpsons episode when you see it

p.s. nobody cares about your stupid farscape quote of the day, it makes you look like a giant tool. the show sucks and its been cancelled, you and your mother/girlfriend will have to find something else to do with your time, might i suggest suicide

idiot!

Urk. This episode sure wasn't very good. There was nothing terribly wrong with the plot or structuring of it, it's just that the entire episode was handled badly. Jokes were very lackluster and not well thought out, and characters were either too out of character or too much in character. For example, I was sickened by how Marge simply allowed Bart to throw spaghetti into the fan just so she could find something to take her mind off Homer and Lisa. It's that kind of material that really makes an episode bad.

On the plus side, a few of the jokes were okay (both Flander's and Homer's video for Rod and Lisa was an example), and the plot and structuring was, as I said earlier, not all that bad. I'd give it a 2.5/5, which rounds up to a 3. Let's hope the next episodes improve a little.
    This week's Invention Exchange:
    Cake 'N Shake: the cake with a real exotic dancer, all in one box!
    "Now even mom, dad, and the kids can enjoy a Chippendale dancer at little Jimmy's seventh birthday!

spleef

Things I've Noticed and Liked:
    Running gags that tie to plot points, very clever.
    Guest star not portraying themselves and appearing for more than 5 minutes AND not hyping it up, they're learning.
    Using the change in the animation to its full potential, great.
    After Bart threw his dinner into the fan and Marge started cleaning, Maggie threw hers too, funny.
    One last gag during the credits, I like it, maybe they're doing it to force fox into showing the full credits.

Things I Didn't Like:
    Ralph's interrigation, not funny.
    Homer hit with the cannon guy, thought it was leading to a Homerpalooza reference, was wrong, still wasn't funny.
    Homer's gift, I know it was supposed to be bad, but it just stopped being funny.
    "Chief, Lisa is innocent until proven guilty." Wait, didn't they just prove she was guilty? Bad line, very very bad line.

Good episode, I laughed my ass off. It was a step in the right direction.

See You Space Cowboy.....

i was simply saying that farscape sucks big balls, and you are such a nerd for watching it that you don't know a good simpsons episode when you see it

p.s. nobody cares about your stupid farscape quote of the day, it makes you look like a giant tool. the show sucks and its been cancelled, you and your mother/girlfriend will have to find something else to do with your time, might i suggest suicide

idiot!
    Oh yeah having his show insulted by a guy with the posting syntax of a 4 year old must really hurt.

If those are the best insults you can come up with I suggest you save them for the bully stealing your lunch money.

Farscape is a good show and in no way makes anyone a 'nerd' by liking. Of course if you ever make it into the real world your soon realize insulting others only makes YOU look like a braindead immature fungus.

He can like whatever he damn well pleases and seems to have a better grasp of The Simpsons then your dumb ass.

So in closing your derailing the thread so take your crap elsewhere junior.

slouching toward nirvana nathan's Avatar

and you are such a nerd for watching it that you don't know a good simpsons episode when you see it
    First off every single person here is a nerd and if you deny it you are lieing to yourself the simpsons is considerd a nerd show its in the same catagory as farscape,and second off maybe you have not been watching the show long enough to know a "mediocure" episode when you see it, this hardly falls in the catagory of good. Do us all a faver and go hang out with your "popular" friends.

Pin Pal

i get the feeling that faggots here actually go into the episode thinking "boy am i going to hate this one!" light yourselves on fire, assholes.

Geez, I'd never thought this thread would turn into a fight over the definition of "nerd" ;-/. Sorry but I'm afraid The Simpsons is a nerd show, that's why there's over a million websites and message boards (like this one) dedicated to it.

Now that's said, let's get back on topic and argue the merits of this exceptional episode .

a malcolm and a archer

im pretty sure he didnt see it. hes stopped due to the decline of the show. he shows up for threads about old episodes mostly and looks at the new episode reviews occasionally

speaking of which 4/5 no jerkass homer yay
    plus it was a lot funnier than id expected it to be

and now i have slapped a king Mike Scully's Avatar

Nothing really special about this episode, but nothing too annoying either.

C 2/5

Season 14, so far, is tied closely with season 12 for worst season ever.
    Last edited by Mike Scully; 01-12-2003 at 06:36 PM.

could give a flying fuck skittlebrau's Avatar

Oy, warning points issued here. Please, everybody just stop with the bullshit and leave this thread to rating and reviewing tonight's episode only.

Anyways, great episode. The show is improving. 4/5.
    yep.

Junior Camper

email

i was half watching--twas on fone

what was homers email again?

Last edited by Simpson Purist; 01-12-2003 at 07:17 PM.

Computer Face/Pure Being StrideR's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Simpson Purist
    I assume you're still continuing your new episode "fasting" FarScapeR yes?
    It was difficult... 2 out of 3 TVs in my friend's place were tuned in to The Simpsons. He did tell me I wasn't missing much, but please don't take that as some sort of rating or grade.

Junior Camper

i say you can only comment on the show if you watched it, farscaper is just a trouble maker and he may possibly be gay

anyways on with the reviews

So... Elliot Gould played himself (the PADZ) and the detective? Anyway, a large group of people on the board do go into an episode expecting to hate it and they sometimes do. Perhaps it is for the best if people are satisfied like that. The same can be said the other way around.

Ah... the beauty of seeing a bunch of brides chasing after Joe Millionare... I can't wait for Joe Hetero, Joe Caucasian, and Joe Not-A-Rapist, coming next. Then I hope for Jon Stewart's "You're Not Gonna Make Us Fu** Dogs Are You?"
    I'm back.

Thread Information