Thread: most heartwarming simpson moment?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

most heartwarming simpson moment?

Mine has got to be in one fish two fish when Homer thinks he is going to die and finally realizes the importance of his family and how precious life truly is. And he ends up connecting with his father like never before.
    I have recently lost my father and this episode in general always brings a tear to my eye now. Because I realize life is not a permanent thing and so did homer. that is why it is in my opinion the most touching simpsons moment.

This also rates as one of my fave homer moments,because grampa is taking up all of homers time.

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Top Three:

1. The trainstation scene from Lisa's Substitute
    2. Homer sitting on the hood of his car during the credits. (Best Homer moment, ever!)
    3. Lisa and Bart making up in Bart vs. Thanksgiving.

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation — if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Yes homer on the car was great>

The end of Maggie makes three, heartwarming, with a funny part, too. "A beautiful baby boy. And What a boy!" "Thats the imbilicle cord."
    This one time my cousin Walter got this Cat stuck in his ass.

Was it over when the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!? Hell No!!!

My Mom Says I'm the Handsomest kid is school.

And as for you Grandma, she shoudn't have mouthed off like that!

No, it's not evil spirits... just rain, RAIN. Fine, try and kill it.

skilled, deadly ninja assasin nate's Avatar

homer helping flanders' store at the end of the leftorium ep.

The Whole Damn Show blockyourfather's Avatar

I'm gonna have to say the entire episode of Mother Simpson, especially the ending.
    Let the fools have their tar-tar sauce.

block

Simpsofanatic!

Originally posted by Jake
    Top Three:
    2. Homer sitting on the hood of his car during the credits. (Best Homer moment, ever!)
    Definitely one of my faves. I also liked the ending to " Lisa's On Ice " where Bart and Lisa made up when Bart was about to play the penalty.
    " beam me up Scotty "

" Comics is the mass medium we go into on our own. We don't experience it in company the way we do film, tv, or often music. You don't gather 12 of your friends around a comic, nor does your family huddle around it together in the evenings. You're experiencing it in the context of a culture-simultaneously experiencing it and conjouring general conversation about it " Warren Ellis - Powers # 7

is back from the dead

I would have to agree, the train station in "Lisa's Substitute" was incredibly touching, and actually made me cry, it was so sad and beautifully touching. Another great one was Homer's reconciliation with Lisa at the end of the show. There are a few ones people never mention, like where Marge and Homer are riding off into the sunset during "Duffless", and in a comic way, Selma getting her lizard at the end of "Selma's Choice". "One Fish, Two Fish, Blue Fish, Blow Fish" was touching in every way, really, as the starter of this thread said, and so was "Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield".

S.13 OFF +++ APU +++
    NED +++ GIL- f++ n Ips
    $+++ 7F19, 8F03, 8F05,
    8F08, 8F09, 8F11, 8F22,
    9F04, 9F11, 9F14, 9F15, 9F18, 9F22, 1F13, 1F17,
    2F01, 2F06, 3F02, 3F07,FF14, 3F20, 3F22, 3F23,4F06, 4F07, 4F11, 3G01, 4F22, 5F01, 4F24, CABf14, AABF03, 3G04 M1990

Junior Camper

homer sitting on the car.
    maggie saying 'Daddy'
    bart when he finally teaches Santa's Little Helper to sit.
    "I got nitemares all the time, bout a girl who ain't to fine." -WWC

comes from circumstances mr. broom's Avatar

1)"And Maggie Makes Three" has the sweetest ending ever. "Do it for her."
    2)The end of "Mother Simpson" was bittersweet, but good.
    3)"Lisa's Substitute": Dustin Hoffman played a brilliant part as Mr. Bergstrom. Again, a good ending.
    4)Saddest Ending Ever almost went to "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish" for the picture of Homer slumped on the recliner at dawn and Marge thinking that he'd died. Sure, I didn't think they'd actually kill his character, but it was so well done that I confess that I wondered for just a second. The rest of the ep was stunning too, with Homer making connections with his son and his father, both funny and both touching.

Excuse me, I've got something in my eye---

cuke as a coolcumber Smilin'JoeFission's Avatar

In "Bart's Comet", when Flanders is joined by most of the town singing along with him.

Another good one was at the end of another episode, where Bart and Skinner hug. Skinner walks away with a sign on his back that reads "kick me". Bart is laughing but doesn't realize Skinner put a sign tht says "teach me" on his back. Very inspiring.

Kinda Heartwarming and very funny: The end of HOMR: "no, you're not getting a bite outta my sandwich!!! oh, you just want a hug. that i know to do...(chomp)mmm...hug...."
    "If art were to redeem man, it could only do so by saving him from the seriousness of life, and restoring him to an unexpected boyishness."
    -John Lennon

Much of the third act of Lisa's Substitute comes close, but I think the end of Lisa's Wedding, when Lisa and her future fiance break up, was the scene that brought me the closest to crying of all the scenes. And to top it all off, the ending, with Lisa finally enjoying Homer's antics, was really sweet and touching.
    Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples, a butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I've just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: why are you here?

The Notorious “JLJ”

I agree about the parts that everybody mentioned from Lisa's Substitute, Mother Simpson and And Maggie Makes Three.

The ending of Marge Be Not Proud where Marge catches Bart with his xmas present for her (the picture of him) was very cute. Aw...

Thread Information