Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: The Problem with Apu - truTV Documentary

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

you are correct it isnt right

the mistake you are making is you think I care more than I really do
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

I think it's kind of stupid how they're acting on it now. You'd think they would've done something over that time Apu drank the hot coffee and began making those weird "lalalalalalala" noises and Ned wrapped the towel on his head, making him look like a terrorist! I will admit that part cracks me up because the "lalalalalala" was rather out-of-character for Apu and it sounded pretty funny!

Blog Entries

its a "controversy" now because it's much easier for a person of color to have their voice heard, versus even ten years ago or whenever the hell that episode aired. didn't really have the means to make such a documentary back then, who would've funded it?

also there was a bit of controversy over apu and the kwik e mart around the time the movie was released and they converted 7-11s as part of the promotion, regarding much of the same subject matter which is being discussed now. also it was discussed a bit in that unauthorized history of the simpsons book back in 2009. apu has been an issue for years, it's not a suddenly new criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by flashbeagle View Post
    it isn't right to threaten to ban me temporarily just because you don't like my opinion and that i nicely disagree with yours maybe we should just relax and please realise i just want to nicely express and debate and talk with everyone. about the actual topic i wonder what the writers will do about this issue in the future hope they don't change apu
    Don't worry. You are welcome here. Don't let their bullying get to you.

Thread Information