Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 29 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Exclamation Season 29 Information Thread

Season 29 Information Thread

This thread is for news and information regarding Season 29 of The Simpsons (2017 - 2018). The information below is accurate to the best of our ability, but it could change at any time, so check back regularly.

Latest Updates

11/16: New episode title, "From Russia Without Love;" synopsis for "Gone Boy"
    11/8: Synopsis, airdate and guest stars for "Mr. Lisa's Opus"
    11/7: New title, "Baby You Can't Drive My Car"

Upcoming Episodes

WABF20 - The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be - November 12, 2017
    • Written by Tom Gammill and Max Pross. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Synopsis: Frustrated with the local government, Marge decides to run for Mayor. To win public support, she begins making Homer the butt of her jokes.

WABF21 - Singin' In The Lane - November 19, 2017
    • Written by Ryan Koh. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Synopsis: Homer and the guys reunite their old bowling team to cheer up Moe, only to end up in fierce competition with a team of arrogant millionaires. Meanwhile, Lisa and Marge try to teach Bart that money isn't everything.

XABF01 - Mr. Lisa's Opus - December 3, 2017
    • Written by Al Jean. (Twitter/Al Jean)
    • An upcoming episode set in the future will focus on Lisa. "You see where she might wind up, and she might end up with a woman," Jean said. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    • Norman Lear guest-starring. (Michael Price/Twitter)
    • The Simpsons spoofed Boyhood with "Barthood," showing Bart at different stages of his life, and now Lisa will receive the same treatment in "Lisahood." "You see her as a little precocious kid where Homer first discovers how smart she is, and you see her in college wondering if she’s going to fit in, and finally getting out of Springfield and being really scared," says Jean. "You also see Flanders try to cure Homer of his alcohol problem." (Guest star alert: Valerie Harper plays Lisa's teacher in one sequence, and Norman Lear pops up in a cameo.) (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Directed by Steve Moore. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Synopsis: As future Lisa writes her college application essay for Harvard, she recalls past disappointing birthdays that helped shape her. Guest Voice Cast: Norman Lear as Himself; Kipp Lennon as Voice of Michael Jackson; Jon Lovitz as Artie Ziff; Valerie Harper as Ms. Myles

XABF02 - Gone Boy - December 10, 2017
    • Written by John Frink. (Al Jean/Twitter
    • Directed by Rob Oliver. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Kelsey Grammer returns as Sideshow Bob in an episode that unearths the cause behind Bob's thirst for blood. In the episode, Bart loses his way in an abandoned missile station from the sixties. Sideshow Bob comes onto the scene with his usual musical interludes, performing the songs of Gilbert and Sullivan. It sets an alluring scene for the two enemies to discuss the weight of their tense conflict. (WhatCulture, Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Homer will seek help from Shaquille O’Neal, making a cameo as himself. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Synopsis: When Bart goes missing, the town puts together a search party to find him. After most give up hope, Sideshow Bob manipulates Millhouse into revealing where Bart is hiding.

XABF03 - Haw-Haw Land - January 7, 2018 (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Written by Tim Long and Miranda Thompson. (Tim Long/Twitter)
    • Ed Sheeran guest stars. (Daily Star, Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Lisa becomes smitten with an older musician kid named Brendan (played by Sheeran), much to the chagrin of Nelson and Milhouse. (Entertainment Weekly [autoplaying video])
    • Ed Sheeran plays a musician named Brendan whom Lisa falls for — and, yes, Brendan will do some singing. "He's a great musician and he’s a little condescending to Lisa, but also thinks she could be great," says Jean. "So it’s a choice that she makes between Nelson and him. At one point he goes, 'Why is this even a choice?'" (Entertainment Weekly)

XABF04 - Frink Gets Testy (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • Burns builds a doomsday ark. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • There’s an episode where Burns sees an old Orson Welles show where he talks about Nostradamus, and Burns believes that the end of the world is near. He wants a test to determine who should go on a spaceship with him, and Fring [sic.] comes up with a new way of testing everybody in town." (Entertainment Weekly)

XABF05 - Homer Is Where The Art Isn't
    • It revolves around an art heist — and it's unspooled in the style of a '70s detective show. Bill Hader guest-stars as the detective who investigates the case of some stolen artwork, and all eyes are on... Homer? "He falls in love with a painting and when it goes missing," says Selman, "he’s the main suspect." The episode also boasts a mini-SNL reunion, as Cecily Strong plays one of the other suspects.
    • Written by Kevin Curran. (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF06 - 3 Scenes Plus A Tag From A Marriage

XABF07 - No Good Read Goes Unpunished (Al Jean/Twitter)[list][*]Written by Jeff Westbrook. (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF08 - Fears of a Clown (Michael Price/Twitter)
    • Krusty episode written by Michael Price. (The Imperfect Podcast)
    • Jean also talked about a potential storyline that would reimagine Stephen King's It but with Krusty the Clown. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    • Jon Lovitz guest starring as Llewellyn Sinclair. (Al Jean/Twitter)
    • "Bart pulls a prank using clown masks, and that makes everybody horrified of clowns, so Krusty loses his job and tries to come back as a dramatic actor and Llewellyn Sinclair is his director," says Jean. "They don't get the rights to Death of a Salesman, so the play is called The Salesman's Bad Day." (Entertainment Weekly)

XABF09 - Forgive and Regret (Al Jean//Twitter)

XABF10 - King Leer (Jack Savige/Twitter)

XABF11 - Lisa Gets the Blues (Al Jean/Twitter, Avery/Wikisimpsons)
    • Written by David Silverman and Brian Kelley. This episode "breaks Gunsmoke's record of 635 shows." (David Silverman/Twitter)
    • David Silverman reported that he's working on an upcoming episode where the Simpson family travels to New Orleans for JazzFest. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    • The Simpsons will head to New Orleans during Jazz Fest this season. But the story kicks off on a sad note, as Lisa's music teacher tells Lisa that she’s just a big fish in a small pond and that she’s not actually that good of a musician. Hints Jean: "She gets the yips and she can’t play, so she’s really heartbroken." Don't worry: Things get better after beignets. (And she has a nice moment with the statue of Louis Armstrong.) (Entertainment Weekly)

XABF12 - Left Behind

XABF13 - Throw Grampa From The Dane (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF14 - Flanders' Ladder (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF15 - Heartbreak Hotel (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF16 - Treehouse of Horror XXIX (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF17 - My Way or the Highway to Heaven (Wikisimpsons)

XABF18 - Baby You Can't Drive My Car (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF19 - Bart's Not Dead (Al Jean/Twitter)

XABF20 - From Russia Without Love (Wikisimpsons)

To discuss episodes that have already aired, please check out our Rate & Review archive.

Loose Ends

• Andy Daly guest starring. (Michael Price/Twitter)
    • Daniel Radcliffe returns to the show to cameo as himself in an episode about Bart using Sun Tzu's The Art of War to destroy Homer. "They go to a Minecraft-like convention and Daniel is there wearing a costume," explains Jean. "That’s how people like him go to conventions without being seen, and Homer unmasks him, and he gets torn to shreds." Silicon Valley star Jimmy O. Yang pops up as Sun Tzu to advise Bart on how to ruin Homer’s life. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • A Bob's Burgers couch gag is coming. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    • Bill Plympton doing another couch gag. (The Hollywood Reporter)
    • Ethan Nicolle and Ken Marino guest-starring. (Ethan Nicolle/Twitter)
    • Marge and Homer remember how much fun they used to have before they had a family, and Marge goes to work for the newspaper, with J.K. Simmons playing her editor (think: J. Jonah Jameson in Spider-Man). What is he like as her boss? "Gruff," says Jean. "And loud." (Kevin Pollack also pops up in several roles.) (Entertainment Weekly)
    • One season 29 episode will boldly unspool Moe's family backstory. "It’s a Shakespearean family drama," sums up Selman, "set against the backdrop of a fading mattress store empire." (Entertainment Weekly)
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 11-04-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Useful Resources

The Copyright Office Catalog - Titles of upcoming episodes will show up here when they are copyrighted.
    Fox Flash - Fox's official resource for press releases and promotional images.
    Entertainment Weekly - Most exclusives show up here.
    The Springfield Shopper - A news blog from the maintainers of Wikisimpsons.

Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter:

Al Jean
    Matt Selman
    Chris Ledesma
    James L. Brooks
    Joel H. Cohen
    John Frink
    Stephanie Gillis
    Brian Kelley
    Jon Kern
    Rob LaZebnik
    Tim Long
    Jeff Martin
    David Mirkin
    Carolyn Omine
    Michael Price
    Mike Reiss
    Mike Scully
    David Silverman
    Yeardley Smith
    Jeff Westbrook

Acknowledgements

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for creating the template for this thread way back in 2006, and thanks to the following members for helping keep the previous thread(s) updated with the latest information: 6F01, biffwestwood, Blobulle, Dark Homer, Gran2, jbauer, LetsPlayNintendoITA, lionelhutz123, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, That Don Guy, WeaselStomper, Matty, 20thCenturyBox, and everyone else who contributes over the next year!

Are you aroused? OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yay, another fucking season.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    Other weird dreams I had
    - I was going to see a Rush concert, and the opening act was Bill Cosby

Blog Entries

@Season 29 please give us some information.

oh this is up already?

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me rn
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 06-06-2017 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Image added

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

Honorary Slingshot General NHC's Resident Bart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Serfsons sounds like the worst thing in the history of anything.
    See that? I started to do like a little arabesque, but then I just fully went for it and pulled off the demi-entrechant.

Not that I'm into that kind of thing.

Heh, I wonder if "The Old Blue Mayor" will have the Crazy Old Jewish Man sing the title? (Given how he sang the song it's parodying in "Krusty Gets Kancelled"...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    Me rn
    EDIT ok there was an image here but I guess not..?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    Heh, I wonder if "The Old Blue Mayor" will have the Crazy Old Jewish Man sing the title? (Given how he sang the song it's parodying in "Krusty Gets Kancelled"...)
    amazing season 29 info

It Tastes Like Burning Purpleberries's Avatar

Grampy Can You Hear Me and The Serfsons tho. Those titles are terrible imo.
    Simpsons Season 29 Ratings: The Serfsons: 3/5 (B-) Springfield Splendor: 4.5/5 (A-) Whistler's Father: 2/5(C)THOH XVIII: 4/5(B+) Grampy Can Ya Hear Me: 3.25-3.5/5(B/B-)The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be: 2.5/5(C+/C)
    Bob's Burgers Season 8 Grades: Brunchsquatch: B+ Silence of the Louise: A- The Wolf of Wharf Street: A Sit Me Baby One More Time: A-

Steven Universe Season 5 Grades: Stuck Together: B+ The Trial: A+ Off Colors: A- Lars' Head: A- Dewey Wins: C Gemcation: B Raising the Barn: B+ Back to the Kindergarten: A

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    I swear. Every time I go on the comment section for the clips for an upcoming Simpsons episode, that James Waterson dude is spamming crap like that comment in the image.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley207 View Post
    Hi,

I've been reading these message boards for many years now to get information on future Simpsons episodes. I rarely post because I usually don't have anything of any tangible value to add, and I wish others would follow suit. I'd like to ask (not demand, but just simply ask) that anyone without any real information to stop posting these pointless, inane, and unfunny posts like the one above. Yes, these message boards are a free public service, and yes, I fully acknowledge that anyone has the right to post anything they like on them. But for me and probably the majority of people reading these posts (people who are just interested in future Simpsons episodes) these kind of posts are just an annoyance.

We're out of time.

It should be noted that Kevin Curran's final script, written before his passing, is most likely one of the upcoming holdovers.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    WABF22 - Springfield Splendor - October 1, 2017
    At first, when I saw the date, I thought, "Is Fox planning something special on 9/24?" as "usually" season premieres are right after the Emmys, which are on 9/17 this year, but apparently it isn't the only one starting its Fall seasons on Monday 9/25; CBS has released its season premiere list, and the only show that starts before 9/25 is 60 Minutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SideshowRalph View Post
    Hi,

I've been reading these message boards for many years now to get information on future Simpsons episodes. I rarely post because I usually don't have anything of any tangible value to add, and I wish others would follow suit. I'd like to ask (not demand, but just simply ask) that anyone without any real information to stop posting these pointless, inane, and unfunny posts like the one above. Yes, these message boards are a free public service, and yes, I fully acknowledge that anyone has the right to post anything they like on them. But for me and probably the majority of people reading these posts (people who are just interested in future Simpsons episodes) these kind of posts are just an annoyance.
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

Hi,

I'm Telso

Blog Entries

We also discuss and speculate here though, it's not just an "information only" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grifty McGrift View Post
    We also discuss and speculate here though, it's not just an "information only" thread
    Sure, some discussion and speculation are to be expected. I've read a fair share of insightful opinion posts in these threads. But posts like the one I was referring to are just a nuisance littering up an otherwise valuable resource.

Blog Entries

Then just stick to Simpsonswiki, they have all the information and no bullshit.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tubbb!

That post was sort of speculation though.

Quiet guy who eats everyone Jerry P.'s Avatar

If out-of-topic discussion gets out of hand, a mod could always bring back the “too hot” thread…

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: friz

Blog Entries

speculation =/= making up wild conjectures about future episodes without any evidence

Treehouse Of Horror 28 probably airing October 22
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/871363468904898560

Hopefully, season 29's THOH won't be the same old mediocre to bad Joel H. Cohen crap we've been getting in the last two seasons.

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

XABF08 title: Tears of a clown, written by Michael Price and guest starring Jon Lovitz

Source: https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/872920802055737344

so what will this mean? a new Artie Ziff appearance?

and now I have that song stuck in my head

No, Llewellyn Sinclair
    you are going to kill me because I am not sure how write in english
    The Simpsons - Season 28: Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus: C+ | Friends and Family: B+ | The Town: B+ | Treehouse of Horror XXVII: B- | Trust but Clarify: B- | There Will Be Buds: B+ | Havana Wild Weekend: B- | Dad Behavior: B | The Last Traction Hero: B |The Nightmare After Krustmas: B+ | Pork and Burns: B+ | The Great Phatsby: A- | Fatzcarraldo: B- | The Cad and the Hat: B | Kamp Krustier: B | 22 for 30: B+ | A Father's Watch: A- | Caper Chase: B- | Looking for Mr. Goodbart: A- | Moho House: C+ |
    Bob's Burgers - Season 7: Flu-ouise: A+ | Sea Me Now: A- | Teen-a Witch: B- | They Serve Horses, Don't They?: B+ | | Large Brother, Where Fart Thou?: B+ | The Quirkducers: B | The Last Gingerbread House on the Left: B- | Ex Mach Tina: A- | Bob Actually: |There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business: B | A Few 'Gurt Men: B- | Like Gene for Chocolate: B+ | The Grand Mama-Pest Hotel: B | Aquaticism: B+ | Ain't Miss Debatin: B+ | Eggs for Days: B | Zero Larp Thirty: B- | The Laser-inth: B | Thelma & Louise Except Thelma is Linda: B | Mom, Lies, and Videotapes: B-
    American Dad Season 12: Father's Daze: B | Fight and Flight: B | The Enlightenment of Ragi-Baba: B- | Bahama Mama: B | Roger's Baby: B- | Ninety North, Zero West: B | Whole Slotta Love: B- | The Witches of Langley: C+ | A Nice Night for a Drive: B+ | Casino Normale: A-

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleberries View Post
    Hopefully, season 29's THOH won't be the same old mediocre to bad Joel H. Cohen crap we've been getting in the last two seasons.
    It's the same Cohen / Moore tandem we've had at the helm the past two years.
    No reason to expect this will wind up any better.

I'm curious as to how a Selman-showrun THOH would turn out. Especially if he recruited different writers for each act like the classic installments.
    SEASON 29 RANKINGS
    The Serfsons - 2/5 / Springfield Splendor - 4/5 / Whistler's Father - 1.5/5
    THOH XXVIII = The Sweets Hereafter - 3.5/5 / The Exor-Sis - 3/5 / Coralisa - 4.5/5 / MMM... HOMER - 2/5
    Grampy Can Ya Hear Me - 2/5 / The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used to Be - 1.5/5

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post

No, Llewellyn Sinclair
    okay but I wonder what for I can't imagine what the plot could possibly be

Thread Information