View Poll Results: How would you rate "Dad Behavior" (WABF01)

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Pretty good behavior

2 4.88%
  • 4/5 - Decent behavior

3 7.32%
  • 3/5 - Meh behavior

6 14.63%
  • 2/5 - Crappy behavior

11 26.83%
  • 1/5 - Just horrible.

19 46.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R&R - "Dad Behavior" (WABF01)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - "Dad Behavior" (WABF01)

Since it's already started and there's no R&R.

Previous R&R
    Next R&R

Synopsis: Homer pays Choremonkey Matt Leinart to play catch with Bart, the two of whom form a strong bond, much to Homer's chagrin.
    Last edited by justin; 12-14-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Your avatars are so much better than Avatar (2009)!

insert usertitle here The Easter Egg Council Creep's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's no poll
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    wait wtf, i think i accidentally made my place communist
    SEASON 28 RATINGS
    Monty Burn's Fleeing Circus 4/10, Friends And Family 3.5/10, The Town 2.5/10, Treehouse of Horror XXVII 7/10, Trust But Clarify 7.5/10, There Will be Buds 5/10, Havana Wild Weekend 6/10, Dad Behavior 2/10 The Last Traction Hero 7.5/10 The Nightmare After Krustmas 5/10, Pork And Burns 7.5/10, The Great Phatsby 1.5/10, Fatzcarraldo 3/10, The Cad And The Hat 4/10, Kamp Krustier 4/10, 22 For 30 4/10, A Father's Watch 3.5/10, The Caper Chase 4/10, Looking For Mr. Goodbart 2/10, Moho House 3.5/10, Dogtown 4/10
    Average rating= 4.5/10

Check out my music reviews!
    My Sonic reviews!
    And my Pokemon reviews!
    VOTED 3RD MOST IMPROVED USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST BLOGGER IN THE NHC AWARDS

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

Just made one.

OK, the college mascot fight DVD made me laugh rather hard, but probably because I am a part-time mascot performer myself. And I thought the intro was pretty funny too, as dark as it was.

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

I know this episode is long over in Canada but why did the R&R thread open early?
    Incidentally, this is the first 0/5 score I've doled out since Days of Future Future.
    Ryan Koh clearly wants to lay claim to Tim Long's abandoned "worst head writer" trophy.
    SEASON 28 RANKINGS
    Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus - 1.5/5 / Friends and Family - 3.5/5 / The Town - 3/5
    THOH XXVII = Dry Hard - 1.5/5 / BFF R.I.P. - 2/5 / Moefinger - 1/5
    Trust But Clarify - 3.5/5 / There Will Be Buds - 5/5 / Havana Wild Weekend - 2/5
    Dad Behavior - 0/5 / The Last Traction Hero - 2.5/5
    The Nightmare After Krustmas - 0.5/5 / Pork and Burns - 2/5
    The Great Phatsby - 4.5/5 / Fatzcarraldo - 2.5/5 / The Cad and the Hat - 1.5/5
    Kamp Krustier - 2/5 / 22 for 30 - 4/5 / A Father's Watch - 2.5/5 / Caper Chase - 1.5/5
    Looking for Mr. Goodbart - 2/5 / Moho House - 2/5 / Dogtown - 1.5/5

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: wiley207

Blog Entries

this fuckin sucked. neither plot made sense or had any funny moments and the pacing was just awful. knew we were in trouble when that fucking americans funniest home videos bit (in 2016? seriously?) went for like 2 minutes. and who the heck is matt leinart and why did homer and bart treat him like royalty. awful.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Atrocious storytelling. Too many lame tired jokes, an unnecessary and dull subplot, a pointless guest star... I can't think of anything positive for this one. Same comment as last week - when's the next Selman episode?
    Signature.

Well, the Film Roman credit was removed from the closing credits, but I was surprised it didn't say "Animation Production by FOX TELEVISION ANIMATION" or something like that.
    Rough Draft animated this?! I thought they usually did better work than that. Then again, this is the first episode by FOX Animation, so it could be why. I wonder if Digital eMation will also start animating on the show as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
    Atrocious storytelling. Too many lame tired jokes, an unnecessary and dull subplot, a pointless guest star... I can't think of anything positive for this one. Same comment as last week - when's the next Selman episode?
    Same answer as last week. The Great Phatsby: Parts 1 & 2 when it airs in January,
    I'm not sure I'm looking forward to any episode until then, either. Christmas sounds like it's getting phoned in this year.

Incidentally, am I the only one put off by the juxtaposition of tired I Love Lucy / Bing Crosby / All in the Family / Popeye references/jokes being trotted out alongside episode premises built around 2010-technology, video games and smartphone apps?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    There's no poll
    dude you complained about the poll a minute after the thread was made. you can make polls after posting the thread. calm down

insert usertitle here The Easter Egg Council Creep's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Weird opening, not sure what to think of it.
    * Creative segue into the main episode.
    * Good IKEA parody
    * Homer choking on wrench
    -- Lame song, stretched on too long.
    --- So this episode is all about Homer outsourcing his jobs to celebrities? GAHHH!
    Horrible so far, 2/10
    --- REALLY Lame AFHV joke
    * IT GETS BETTER sign good dark joke
    ** Funny Hans Moleman gag
    SO THIS EPISODE IS ABOUT BART BONDING WITH MATT LEINHART. WHAT THE HELL?
    End of act 2: Horrrible. 2/10.
    ** Zombie Golf game
    * The silent cartoon, especially the BUY WAR BONDS
    * Marge and the Utney Readers.
    --- So Jasper's the father. Yep, it was a lame ratings trap all along.
    --- LAME overly long gag.
    Closing Thoughts:
    A terrible, terrible episode.
    Both plots were horrible. Plot A was essentially Homer gets an app (OF COURSE) that helps outsource his chores, eventually allowing Bart to form a bond with NFL's Matt Leinhart, aka, celebrity ass-kissing. So then Bart gets jealous of Homer liking Milhouse for some reason? And then they resolve by racing cars. gah.
    Plot B was Grandpa thinks he's going to be a father, igoring the fact that he's like 90 years old and his wife is like 65. and then it turns out to be just Jasper's baby, aka, a ratings trap. GAH.
    And the jokes were terrible. There were some strong ones, but lots of bad. The HORRIBLE AFHV parody (Though they name-checked Vin Di Bona Productions, have to give SOME credit) the credits gag... GAHH.
    Overall, worst of the year, and given it's the first real 28 episode, doesn't bode well for the future. 2/10, 1/5 for the polls.

Blog Entries

Here we go.

Unusual couch gag. Pretty dark. Is it supposed to be funny?
    Outstanding college mascot fights thing was funny.
    Why was Homer surprised there were people in the mascots?
    Woah, why did Marge sound so different there?
    "You are finished" thing was OK.
    "Uburb" thing was dumb.
    The ChoreMonkey compilation was a bit funny.
    Matt Leinhart? Who's that?
    The OJ shirt thing was sort of funny.
    Dumb, had a ton of dumb jokes. 5.25/10.

What was that America's Funniest Videos thing? That was sad.
    Why is Grandpa so surprised to see Homer? Shouldn't he be happy?
    The entire retirement home scene was dumb.
    Monopoly thing was dumb.
    "Yay, I'm a touchdown" thing was funny.
    Decreased in quality a lot. 2/10.

The golf zombie thing was funny.
    Dang, Homer's being a jerk to Bart, who for once wants to be with Homer.
    What was that ad thing?
    Why were Lisa and Marge fighting?
    Jasper's the father? So what was the point of the subplot?
    The cart racing thing was dumb.
    What was that ending?
    Stupid. 3/10

Well, in conclusion, a dumb ep which had a ton of unfunny jokes. 2.5/10
    Last edited by justin; 11-20-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Well what can I say... FormulaMoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just Awful...

oh dear, this season was actually going quite well, but I suppose this was always going to happen. I'm not going into much detail because this episode doesn't even deserve much attention at all.

Il get the positives out of the way: The intro was decent, although very lazy it was still fairly funny and will be remembered, I just wish it wasn't in this episode... it did make me laugh on a few occasions but quite rare and the guest stars were fine.

The rest was just abysmal, Homer was not a jack-ass, he was a total dickhead, in fact so was Bart, totally out of character and not the Simpsons I know, in fact, this episode didn't even feel like a Simpsons episode at all, stupid plot that just didn't really get anywhere (on both plots), what was the point in the Grandpa plot, it was just the most lazy bit of filler I have ever seen, and the outcome was just stupid... and the main plot was also just silly, I didn't care much for the stupid monkey app thing, just an excuse to get some guest stars on I suppose...

Too predictable too, how many jokes or scenes were there, where you just knew what was going to happen... the plot was also predictable. Marge was being stupidly gullible and out of character, whenever has Homer ever liked Millhouse?, whenever has Bart disliked Millhouse? whenever has UGH WHATEVER...

I can't even be arsed pointing out everything, its not worth my time at all, I'll just say this has to be one of the worst Simpsons episodes I have ever seen, sounds harsh to some but this is someone who actually really likes modern Simpsons but even I can't defend or like this. My English hasn't been good probably in this review but I cba. D- 0/5 (1/5 for the poll)
    Season 28 Rankings: Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus 3/5, Friends and Family 4/5, The Town 4/5, THOH XXVIII 2/5, Trust but Clarify 3/5, There Will Be Buds 4/5, Havana Wild Weekend 3/5, Dad Behavior 0/5, The Last Traction Hero 4/5, The Nightmare Before Krustmas 3/5, Pork and Burns 4/5, The Great Phatsby 3/5 , Fatzcarraldo 2/5, The Cad and the Hat 2/5, Kamp Krustier 1/5, 22 For 30 4/5, *A Fathers Watch* 5/5 Caper Chase 2/5 Looking for Mr. Goodbart 3/5 Moho House 0/5 Dogtown 1/5

Seasons Best/Worst: 1. Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire / Homer's Night Out, 2. Lisa's Substitute / Bart gets an "F", 3. Colonel Homer / The Otto Show, 4. Mr. Plow / Krusty gets Kancelled, 5. The Last Temptation of Homer / Deep Space Homer, 6. Homer the Great / Lemon of Troy, 7. Bart Sells His Soul / Much Apu about Nothing, 8. The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show / My Sister, My Sitter, 9. The City of New York vs. Homer / The Principle and the Pauper, 10. Homer to the Max / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, 11. E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt) / Grift of the Magi, 12. HOMR / Day of the Jackanapes 13. Half-Decent Proposal / Homer the Moe 14. Moe Baby Blues / Strong Arms of the Ma, 15. Fruadcast News / My Big Fat Geek Wedding, 16. Pranksta Rap / Mobile Homer 17. The Girl Who Slept Too Little / The Italian Bob 18. 24 Minutes / Kill Gil, Volumes I & II, 19. Enternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Funeral for a Friend, 20. Eeny Teeny Maye Moe / The Burns and the Bees 21. Boy Meets Curl / Thursday with Abie, 22. Homer Scissorhands / How Munched is That Birdie in the Window, 23. Holidays of Future Passed, / Lisa Goes Gaga, 24. The Day the Earth Stood Cool / Gone Abie Gone 25. Brick Like Me / The Yellow Badge of Cowardge, 26. I Won't Be Home for Christmas / The Man Who Came to Be Dinner, 27. Halloween of Horror / Every Mans Dream, 28.* A Fathers Watch / Dad Behavior

Seriously, aside from the Matt Selman episodes, the stories this season have been unanimously disastrous. Family Guy tells more coherent stories. Monty's Fleeing Circus, Friends and Family, Trust But Clarify, Havana Wild Weekend and tonight's episode... all of them veer close to total nonsense narratively. The conflicts barely exist or feel justified at all, and the resolutions make even less sense. The non-Selman episodes are becoming unwatchable, to be brutally honest.

Were the scenarists playing the game of ''Who can write the best script in one minute''? Because if it's the case, they could have done better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Or is the twist going to be that Jasper is the father and not Abe, and FOX just accidently blew the twist by spoiling in this trailer?

Blog Entries

so it's gone completely into the gutter once again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    There's no poll

Quote Originally Posted by bunnicula View Post
    so it's gone completely into the gutter once again?
    Only time will tell. Let's see how these next two WABF episodes turn out. I'm not optimistic.

Blog Entries

well glad i'm not missin much

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    Ryan Koh clearly wants to lay claim to Tim Long's abandoned "worst head writer" trophy.
    Well, I kind of have a hunch he may not be writing any more episodes for a long time...

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

In the opening, Marge and the chicken surfaced (face down), but Maggie didn't.

Stanford and Tulane aren't in the SEC.

Bart is playing one of the older versions of Monopoly, with the original money amounts. Do they even make those any more?

Er, Swee'pea wasn't Popeye's son; he was Olive's cousin (or was it nephew?). At least, that's what they claimed...

Did somebody build an Itchy & Scratchyland much closer to Springfield?

Lou has a son?

There are now six people credited with Character Design, including Matt Groening and Sam Simon.

Speaking of credits, there is no credit for domestic animation.

Blog Entries

The main plot was generic and dull, it felt like a rehash of Brother From the Same Planet but with nothing funny in it. They even manage to make Itchy & Scratchy Land (stop reminding me of better eps) boring. How do you do that? The guest stars added nothing to the ep and the resolution felt unsatisfying. Grampa's story was mildly more interesting but they didn't focus on it too much, which killed any potential it might have had. Also, what was the point of that America's Funniest Home Videos bit? 1.5/5

3/5, there were scenes that made me laugh and I didn't find the episode to be boring, but the plot was just "meh" to me

Well what can I say... FormulaMoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This episode makes 'Every Mans Dream' look decent.

Blog Entries

Looks like we got our second dud in a row. They literally made an unfocused HD version of Brother From the Same Planet, but instead of 1 ''big brother'' they used 2. One which is a pointless guest star and the other being a secondary character that we've already seen quite a lot the past few episodes. The intro took me by surprise though, quite some dark stuff which you'd expect more from a modern FG episode. I don't believe that Lisa actually died by just hitting her head with the door. I guess it would've been to dark if they showed Maggie's floating corpse alongside Marge and the chicken... RIP THE CHICKEN.

The first act is probably the only place that I can give some points for, though some of the pacing felt really awful like the overlong gag with Homer being stuck on IKEA furniture and Blake's ''interrogation'' with Marge. Liked the joke where Homer was reading the instructions with all different languages, it lasted to long aswell though. Got maybe a few laughs with the Choremonkey montage, though for most of the time the people they send like that kid to play with Homer were just annoying. The Matt quest star was certainly no Tom from Brother From the Same Planet, his actions felt way to robotic and then it turns out that he had to behave like that. The monopoly scene lasted to long and its only good moment was when Matt kicked Millhouse out.

Then we also get this small and pointless subplot where apparently Abe made his girlfriend pregnant, who also came completely out of nowhere. I thought it was disturbing enough that woman at that age still get pregnant... and then I saw Jaspers baby, and yes for some reason this baby has his beard. Maybe they wanted to integrate this subplot more into the main plot where Abe could've been more of a help with a somewhat similiar situation, but nothing came to it.

Homer and Millhouse become good friends, despite all of Homer's past where he only bullied Millhouse calling him names and such. There was literally no chemistry in their relationship at all, whenever they were on screen they had maybe a few lines and then got cut back to a jealous looking Bart. The worst thing is the way it ended, it happened way to sudden with Bart getting thrown out of the vehicle (despite that it was moving so slow...). A good gag with Homer throwing away the stop sign though. The relationship with Bart/Kirk also had the problem of being way to underdeveloped, with a pointless soup scene where I didn't get what it was even about. I thought the ending was also pretty good, with Blake going crazy trying to take away Maggie's pacifier.

Overall this episode felt to disjoined, with a lack of a coherent story, characterisation and jokes. The pacing was also awful, there were way to many (bad) gags that dragged on for way to long. I don't think this episode had any real potential to begin with, as it was mostly a rehash of Brother From the Same Planet with a poor rehashed Abe has a girlfriend subplot shoved in. Also I don't mind them using Kirk more, but he has been appearing a lot lately. This might be the weakest episode of the season so far, the one from last week was pretty bad aswell. This also somewhat reminds me of a modern FG episode, that usually has the exact same flaws but maybe a few more jokes.

1.5/5

Also I noticed the lack of Lisa in this episode. Aside from the intro, the only time she appeared was in her bed with only 1 line and a groan.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth

Season ranking: 3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 8 > 2 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 12 > 14 > 16 > 20 > 22 > 11 > 17 > 19 > 26 > 25 > 24 > 23 > 18 > 21

Origin account to play The Simpsons Tapped Out: Roccaine

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DU ÄR KLAR

Blog Entries

I actually found the Popeye parody funny, to be honest.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Just another mexican guy

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Er, Swee'pea wasn't Popeye's son; he was Olive's cousin (or was it nephew?). At least, that's what they claimed...
    In the original Segar comic strips, Swee'pea was delivered to Popeye's doorstep in a box; Popeye then adopts him and raises him like a son. In the cartoons Swee'pea was shown to be related to Olive but there was an ambiguity on the matter.

So they're technically correct if they refer to the early strips. Oh, all the reviews here are making it easy to skip this episode, but I'll say I enjoyed the couch gag for how shamelessly dark it got. It's possibly the most memorable non-guest artist one in a while.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Man, I was hoping this week's episode would be at least tolerable after the travesty that was Havana Wild Weekend, but unfortunately this was another terrible episode. The highest amount of credit I can give this episode is that it's not as bad as the aforementioned one, but considering how abysmal it was, that's not much of a compliment. This is also the first time we've gotten two terrible episodes in a row (At least in my opinion.) which hasn't happened since season 25 with The Kid is All Right and Yellow Subterfuge. Honestly if season 28 keeps this up, this could turn out to be one of the worst seasons.

So, the couch gag has gotten some mixed reactions, but I honestly liked it. Yes, it was a pretty dark couch gag and it would've been more fitting for a THOH episode, but I thought it was pretty funny and that's going to be the highlight of that episode. Now, this episode doesn't start off too bad. The parts where Homer is watching mascot fights on TV and gets stuck in that piece of furniture were actually decent, but it all goes downhill from here once the Chore Monkey shit kicks in. That brief song that Homer sings was pretty dumb and the lyrics weren't clever at all. OK, I'm just going to get this out of the way right now, the way this plot was handled is the main reason why this episode is so terrible. Some people are calling it a rehash of Brother from the Same Planet. Well, I didn't really see it at first, but it's not just the fact that they re-hashed it in the worst way. It's the overall plot points that make it godawful. Homer becomes so damn lazy to the point where he needs a fucking app to do everything for him, former football player Matt Leinart becomes Bart's new brother thanks to Chore Monkey, Abe gets shoved into the episode as a last minute subplot that will be forgotten the second his scene is over, Bart finds out that Matt is a fake, not too long after he finds out that Milhouse is hanging out with Homer, then Bart, Kirk, Milhouse and Homer meet up at Itchy and Scratchy Land and everything is solved with racing cars. This is like one of the stupidest plots I've ever seen on this show and it felt really disjointed.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Abe is a part of this episode? His subplot takes up very little of the episode and it was really pointless. Abe finds out his girlfriend is pregnant, he doesn't want to be a father until he sees Homer fishing with Milhouse, but when he goes to his girlfriend's house he finds out that Jasper is the father and not him. It goes by too fast and gets resolved in a half-assed way, but besides that why should I care when they spoiled it in the god damn promos? I know this is more of a problem on FOX's part and not the actual episode, but come on. The way they promoted this was just terrible because they also spoiled one of the last scenes of that episode. I know FOX has done this before as I remember them doing that was with Clown in the Dumps, but with that episode they didn't want to reveal the details of the plot at all. This is just some standard episode though, so I don't know why it was promoted the way it was. It also had some annoying instances of filler like Homer sending in a kid to play ball with and that overlong America's Funniest Videos scene with Kirk and Milhouse. This is a joke that they drag on for way too long and even if it's supposed to kick off the plot where Milhouse hangs out with Homer, (Which I'm not entirely sure if that's the case.) they did it in the worst way imaginable. After the first few minutes, there were only a few jokes I liked. Matt Leinart as a bouncer at Moe's was surprisingly funny and I did actually like the Popeye parody. Also Homer throwing a stop sign into busy traffic was an amusing gag, but most of the jokes were pretty dumb like this line for example.

Bart: We've never had fun like that in my whole life.
    Homer: Oh look, the engine block pizza is almost done.
    Bart: Engine block pizza? Car food is our thing.
    Homer: Careful you don't burn your mouth.
    Bart: Oh, he never warns me.
    That's not funny, that's just sad and it just shows how bad Homer's characterization is here. In this episode he only loves his son when the plot demands it. Not to mention the way he acts when Bart finds out he's hanging out with Milhouse is pretty childish.

While this episode isn't on the same level as Havana Wild Weekend, I can say that in terms of plot this episode is much worse. It felt so uninspired in almost every way and I don't think this episode ever had the potential to be good. Other than the couch gag and the first few minutes, I couldn't find much to enjoy about it and there's just no point in watching this again when I can watch Brother from the Same Planet. 2/10

Thread Information