View Poll Results: What did you think of the episode?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - I will fight anyone who dislikes this ep

16 19.28%
  • 4/5 - All right

30 36.14%
  • 3/5 - Alright

17 20.48%
  • 2/5 - The Kid is All Right

13 15.66%
  • 1/5 - The kids aren't alright

7 8.43%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: R&R: The Kids Are All Fight (TABF12)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Avatar courtesy of Telso Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

R&R: The Kids Are All Fight (TABF12)

In this relatively well anticipated episode, we find out the back story behind why Bart and Lisa fight. Rate and review here after the episode airs.

Old As Fuck Retirement Community and Assisted Living Center
    Blog Entries

I've been waiting weeks, nay, months for this opportunity...and it's finally arrived.

THIS EPISODE WAS AL-

Oh...fuck.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

While there was nothing that was truly offensive about it (sans that awful joke about Marge growing weed) it was just a boring and meaningless slog-fest with forced sentimentality. 3/5 (C-)
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

insert usertitle here The Easter Egg Council Creep's Avatar
    Blog Entries

+ Chalkboard twist
    - Lisa playing harp.
    -- Pretty bad couch gag.
    + Homer with TNT.
    ++ Fotomat
    +++ The Who!
    ++ Fighting with books.
    ++ The return of the clown bed!
    + Head falls off.
    +++ Return of spelling frog!
    + Hitting with lamp.
    End of act 1, good! 8/10.
    + Sleep fighting.
    +++ Lisa hitting bart.
    --- Grandma sounds completely different!
    + Grandma Flanders screaming.
    + Roleplay
    +++ Your brother is stupid!
    +++ And then he goes on the boat!
    End of act 1, still good. 8/10.
    +++ I like when the cheeks get really big!
    -- Dumb police scene.
    - Maggie joke dumb.
    + Teach me how to use my phone.
    + "Big dog"
    + Car exploding.
    + Back to the clown bed.
    +++ That's where I used to grow my weed. If i could give that 4 plusses i would.
    End of act 3, Mediocre. 6.5/10.
    Pointless 4th act.
    Ok. 7/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    wait wtf, i think i accidentally made my place communist
    SEASON 28 RATINGS
    Monty Burn's Fleeing Circus 4/10, Friends And Family 3.5/10, The Town 2.5/10, Treehouse of Horror XXVII 7/10, Trust But Clarify 7.5/10, There Will be Buds 5/10, Havana Wild Weekend 6/10, Dad Behavior 2/10 The Last Traction Hero 7.5/10 The Nightmare After Krustmas 5/10, Pork And Burns 7.5/10, The Great Phatsby 1.5/10, Fatzcarraldo 3/10, The Cad And The Hat 4/10, Kamp Krustier 4/10, 22 For 30 4/10, A Father's Watch 3.5/10, The Caper Chase 4/10, Looking For Mr. Goodbart 2/10, Moho House 3.5/10, Dogtown 4/10
    Average rating= 4.5/10

Check out my music reviews!
    My Sonic reviews!
    And my Pokemon reviews!
    VOTED 3RD MOST IMPROVED USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST BLOGGER IN THE NHC AWARDS

Blog Entries

1/5 did not like again. Didn't have a coherent plot. Maybe I am being a bit to critical but I really hated it. Why would Marge grow weed anyway? Sounds like an awful fan episode.
    Rest assured that I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Blog Entries

DAE smoke weed

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

I loved it! 5/5! Plus a callback to Bart's clown bed and Grandma Flanders.
    Only part that I didn't like was Marge's weed-growing thing. But otherwise a really good episode!
    "If any of you does something I don't like, you're gonna hear about it! And if you really tick me off, I'm gonna run you down with my car." ~Ned Flanders

I'm just like Smithers!
    I'm Smithers, who are you? by The No Homers Club

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only good joke was Duff being the equivalent to developing fluid, otherwise, it was just stuff that happened, although an Ice cream truck going by my house would have been more interesting than this episode.

EDIT: Poll options should've been:

5/5: Brawl
    4/5: Altercation
    3/5: Scuffle
    2/5: Tiff
    1/5: Aww...FRIENDSHIP!
    Last edited by Patches O'houlihan; 04-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Blog Entries

All right
    Alright
    Relatively well anticipated
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tormented

Has glower power Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was adequate. There were some parts that were kind of cute, but a lot of other parts that were meh. The plot kind of jumped around, too, which I didn't care for. And the ending (well, one of the endings) was a ridiculous cop-out, with the kids getting flung back into their bedroom. So stupid. And the weed line was just a dumb "we're edgy!" joke. My favorite part was the scene with Milhouse and Kirk watching cartoons. I guess a 2.5/5, rounded to 3.

insert usertitle here The Easter Egg Council Creep's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    It was adequate. There were some parts that were kind of cute, but a lot of other parts that were meh. The plot kind of jumped around, too, which I didn't care for. And the ending (well, one of the endings) was a ridiculous cop-out, with the kids getting flung back into their bedroom. So stupid. And the weed line was just a dumb "we're edgy!" joke. My favorite part was the scene with Milhouse and Kirk watching cartoons. I guess a 2.5/5, rounded to 3.
    So it was all just a dream?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    So it was all just a dream?
    'sigh'...no. "The Kids are all Fight" has been made, aired, and it's here forever. It will never go away. I can't be undone.

Blog Entries

The episode had its cute Bart and Lisa moments, and the plot was well thought-out with a satisfying ending. My only problem with it is that it didn't explain too well how they got started fighting; it kind of threw us right into the thick of it. I give it a mid 4/5, or an 8.5/10 (B).

Blog Entries

wait a minute!!

HOMER: lets name our kid maggie because maggie is a good screamin name

in MUSK episode

HOMER: our son BART SIMPSON named our daughter MAGGIE SIMPSON

wtf! 0/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    wait a minute!!

HOMER: lets name our kid maggie because maggie is a good screamin name

in MUSK episode

HOMER: our son BART SIMPSON named our daughter MAGGIE SIMPSON

wtf! 0/5
    The HD era is so boring even the writers forgot.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Cute flashback episode. I really liked the setup at Moe's, and it was fun seeing the family hanging out at the bar in the framing scenes. Nice change of pace from the living room, where flashback episodes usually take place. I was surprised how reigned in the "lol were in the past gags" were, in fact I can only think of the joke in which Marge was vague about the President and popular music of the time, and the final flashback scene with the Simpsons/Seinfeld riff and Dr. Hibbert hairstyle. I ended up watching "Lisa's First Word" after the episode and "The Kids Are All Fight" was essentially a sequel episode to that, taking place soon after and featuring similar elements like the clown bed and Grandma Flanders.

All in all, 4/5 - liked the stuff at Moe's, liked the flashbacks without heavy "it's a flashback!" gags

My only nitpick: Moe's in the past having a Be Sharps photo (which is appropriate to the time period) and a modern photo of Homer, Barney, Lenny and Carl (which makes no sense in the past)
    UP AND ATOM!

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

This was a pretty decent affair. Clad in his Sunday best (for whatever reason), Homer pulls out a bunch of old knickknacks / episode reference (in a jacket that, for some reason, he hadn't worn in such a long time). The convenience of Moe's tavern / darkroom was well explained and pretty funny. What follows is a rather average episode featuring a young Bart and Lisa, who reeeeally don't talk like toddlers at all. There are no references to this vague time period except for a Seinfeld-inspired theme song riff at the end (as lampshaded by Marge's awkward expository dialogue at the start of the flashback), so that's kind of a relief. References to Grandma Flanders and the clown bed felt kind of obligatory but, except for Homer's obnoxious laughter and some odd bits here and there, there isn't really too much of note here. Props to the fun chalkboard gag, the cute character designs of the younger characters, the use of color and perspective in the scenes at the Retirement Castle and the Ralph bit - one of the only times I've laughed at a Ralph bit in a few years.
    Always happy to meet new fans of The Simpsons. I'm especially interested in the dubs of the show, the German dub in particular.
    Incidentally, there's someone on Boards and Rec also named Lance Uppcercut. That's not me.... that is to say, that is not the same person.
    Wii U / 3DS ID: KleinerUndGemein
    PS3 ID: KleinerUndGemein
    Steam ID: SneakTheSnake
    GameFAQs profile: SneakTheSnake

Likasa rules! BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty great episode. didn,t care for the Marge used to be a stoner joke though
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

I hate how the longevity has destroyed the continuity of the show.

Flanders must be older than we thought if Grandma Flanders was 100....unless that actually is his grandmother and not his mother. I don't know if anyone came to that conclusion already

and it sounds like Marge's voice is getting back to normal.

RIP Clown bed

still better than most of the recent flashback episodes. Thing is they don't even bother to have the flashbacks be set in a certain time period these days

BTW what was the chalkboard twist? my DVR cut off the first bit of the opening, caught the couch gag though
    Last edited by ComicBookGal; 04-26-2015 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post

Flanders must be older than we thought if Grandma Flanders was 100....unless that actually is his grandmother and not his mother. I don't know if anyone came to that conclusion already

RIP Clown bed

still better than most of the recent flashback episodes. Thing is they don't even bother to have the flashbacks be set in a certain time period these days

BTW what was the chalkboard twist? my DVR cut off the first bit of the opening, caught the couch gag though
    Ned being 60 and Ned's mother being 100 is entirely possible. There are many women who have given birth (even without in vitro fertilisation) at 40+. I have an aunt who gave birth at 41 without in vitro.

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

RIP Clown bed

That is his Grandmother. We see his parents in Blacked Eyed Please and Ned N Edna's Blend and she just looks like an older version of herself from the Hurricane Neddy Flashback.

This was a little better than expected. For the most part it was consistently funny and I was happy they didn't make any awkward 2009 jokes. The ending with them flying into the clown bed was lame as well as Marge's line about weed. I wish they would've explained what made them originally start fighting, they just jumped into it. Overall this was better than last week and decently enjoyable. B 4/5

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Parker View Post
    That is his Grandmother. We see his parents in Blacked Eyed Please and Ned N Edna's Blend and she just looks like an older version of herself from the Hurricane Neddy Flashback.
    yeah because until Sweet Seymour's Badas* song we thought that was his mother. My mind didn't get blown about this until tonight, why did it take me 20 years to figure this out, I kept thinking that this was a first sign of the writer's messing with the continuity

Yeah I wish they could have given a real origin story as well instead of just skipping that step

if they did have a date then Lisa would have made a smart alecky remark just like she did before Homer and Marge told their 90's story

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    Ned being 60 and Ned's mother being 100 is entirely possible. There are many women who have given birth (even without in vitro fertilisation) at 40+. I have an aunt who gave birth at 41 without in vitro.
    uh I know that it's possible, I could talk about Men still being able to have children even when they have reached 60+, but I don't want things to end up being deemed inappropriate

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

yeah because until Sweet Seymour's Badas* song we thought that was his mother. My mind didn't get blown about this until tonight, why did it take me 20 years to figure this out, I kept thinking that this was a first sign of the writer's messing with the continuity
    Different wiki pages too. There's no resemblance:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Grandma_Flanders
    http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Agnes_Flanders

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

One of the better episodes of the season. There were some scenes I wasn't too fond of, like the roleplaying, but it was inoffensive overall and the story seemed to flow relatively well. Lisa was pretty articulate for a 2 year old, which irked me. A mildly enjoyable, middle of the road episode. I liked the Marge weed joke, just because it came out of nowhere. It's just a throwaway line anyway that lasted for less than a second, so I don't know what the big deal is. 5/10

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

It still doesn't say "Fox Presents The Simpsons".

Whoever did the chalkboard gag remembered that Lisa is right-handed.

Lisa doesn't leave the classroom when the bell rings.

Speaking of right-handed, Moe's "Matt finish" is drawn right-handed, but Matt Groening is left-handed.

Kearney shouldn't look so young; he's much older than Jimbo or Dolph.

Lisa fakes crying to get out of something; she did this in Season 2's "Brush with Greatness" (to get out of waiting in a long line) as well.

Written by Rob Lazebnik
    Directed by Bob Anderson
    Billboard: MR. BURNS IN "THE JINX 2"
    Blackboard: I WILL NOT PAY MY SISTER TO DO MY PUNISHMENT (done by Lisa, with Bart watching)
    Couch: Everybody is a pawn in "The Game of Life" (repeat of SABF13)
    Also Starring: Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Chris Edgerly, Maggie Roswell
    Overseas Animation: Akom
    TV Rating: TV-PG-DLSV

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Act 1: Liked the Lisa chalkboard gag twist. Candyland couch gag was still bleh, even with different music and Grandpa replacing Death. Hello past episode references, you're mildly enjoyable. Laughed at Duff being used as developing fluid. Bart and Lisa are suddenly questioning their fighting now? Really liked the half assed time period transition joke (can barely even think of any jokes that couldn't be done in 2009 to now, which makes me question why this episode even exists when Bart and Lisa act pretty much exactly like they would now and they've done most of the past jokes in here multiple times before). And cue dysfunctional family fighting. Would've liked a quick explanation for why Bart and Lisa fight since the continuity changes so much now, but meh, fuck it.

Act 2: More of the kids being all fight. Christ is Grandma Flanders voice off here. If your going to reference a past character, at least make them sound somewhat similar (no one could've just showed Yeardley the "hello Joe" clip before hand?). Oh hi Maude. Crayon-ish title card and map transitions were kind of cute. Eh.

Act 3: Isn't Kearney supposed to be at least a teenager here? Oh wait, he just...has a kid at 8 now apparently. Quick Selma trying to separate Marge from Homer joke. And now Bart and Lisa are suddenly really self aware and accepting of their basic character traits...what? Again, not seeing much of a difference between here and their normal aged selves, especially since they still do fight a lot and aren’t just “cool” like they supposedly are here. Also doesn’t help that they’re voices keep reverting to normal every other line. The weed joke I thought was alright as a quick, out of character line. Not sure what the fuss is about it.

Really bland episode. A few of the call backs were okay and it wasn't offensively bad like the last 2 flashback episode got, but it was still a really bland experience that didn't really add much or make sense.

Overall: 5.4/10, or a low 3/5 for the poll.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Like a lot of other depressingly adequate HD episodes, tonight's episode had the potential to be a 5/5 episode - it just wasn't pulled off well enough to warrant that grade. The biggest problem throughout much of the episode for me was how it lacked a strong sense of direction. What was the conflict? Why were Bart and Lisa fighting, and why were they suddenly stop? What lesson did they learn at the end? Why aren't the writers addressing any of these questions?

I'm surprised they reused the Game of Life couch gag - wasn't its first appearance, Pay Pal, an SABF episode? Is this the first time they've reused a couch gag from a previous production run? Oh, and they changed the background music. That's cool I guess. Chalkboard gag with Lisa was cute, but I have to wonder how she went from Bart's classroom straight to the music room so quickly.

The episode has a nice, quick setup leading up to the flashback - I particularly enjoyed Marge's somewhat subversive and/or blissfully ignorant "the president at the time was president, and the popular music at the time was all the rage." As the flashback begins, Bart and Lisa are fighting, and somehow this takes up an entire act that could have been used to show their character development better. Homer and Marge trying but failing at therapy is a decent tangent, I suppose, but again it doesn't contribute to the main conflict and seems like it's only there to waste some time. (Sidenote: What's with the dramatic strangling of Bart? Is this supposed to be the first time it happens or something?) Anyway, almost halfway through the episode, Homer and Marge are role-playing while Bart and Lisa have been dumped on Grandma Flanders (who, by the way, sounds like Yeardley Smith doing a bad imitation of the original Grandma Flanders)...weren't Homer and Marge supposed to be at Flanders's brunch thing? This is a fine setup for Bart and Lisa's big adventure - shame it didn't happen until this late in the episode. Once it finally gets going, it's pretty good. I like the map showing all the places in Springfield they visit, though it's sad how few and far between the jokes are, especially when they've got such a fresh set piece to work with. Kirk being distracted by cartoons and Milhouse's new record of two was amusing, and that's really about it.

As the third act begins, Homer and Marge come back from brunch - wait weren't they snuggling or role-playing or something? Around now, Bart and Lisa run into the bullies, and for some inexplicable reason, Lisa helps Bart get his tricycle back, despite the fact that we've seen them fight for about 15 minutes now. Is it because they're in a crisis and have to set aside their differences to make it home? It's kind of weird because modern Simpsons has been criticized for overexplaining things, but I think they're underexplaining a lot in this episode. (They did it back in Peeping Mom too with the whole "FD" fiasco.) Anyway, Marge and Homer find out their kids are missing, which adds to the whole idea that Bart and Lisa are sticking together because they're in trouble. More disappointingly unfunny scenes featuring a young Springfield follow, and 17 minutes into the episode, the conflict is still rather unclear. Bart saves Lisa from a crash that he caused, which still explains nothing, though I guess it's a cute moment between the two. For a plot that hasn't done much, the climax is stagnant too - Homer and Marge find Bart and Lisa by pure luck, and they're launched right back into the clown bed. How convenient. I guess the lesson here is to not go looking for ice cream trucks or something, And that's the story of how Bart and Lisa stopped fighting...sort of.

There weren't any continuity errors I spotted, which judging from the last few flashback episodes, is a plus, and there weren't too many jokes based on the time period - come to think of it, there weren't very many jokes at all. Overall, I do think it's a decent story and everything - it just doesn't explore the characters and themes enough to make it a better episode. 7/10

Zombies Rise from the Sea

The Kids are All Fight

Hey, remember Lisa's First Word. According to the creators/fans of the show, nobody does but just imagine if they took a story full of noble intentions, heart and tons of cleverness both intellectually and humor-wise and took one part of it and blew it into a single episode. Yup, they did it.

Let's point out the many things wrong here; everything is cartoony for the sake of being cartoony and for the sake of fitting in as many jokes as possible. As you're watching the episode, you're not watching a story but a poorly planned story which serves as a vehicle for those jokes. We get no explination as to why they're fighting; as Lisa's First Word portrayed it as a natural progression/sibling rivalry; this just includes it for the sake of fighting. The fighting goes on for much of the episode and it becomes very tedious after a while as it serves no purpose, does not give the parents much to do and just makes the whole thing feel fake. I also don't buy that this is a continuation of Lisa's First Word mainly because it's inconsistent with it's characterization. It's like they gave Homer some past traits while having him serve as his modern counterpart mainly because that's what people think they know him as.

Marge also sounds better but the personalities are... well it seems like this was designed as fanservice with no reasonable story whatsoever. At least with the previous episode we got to see what Bart thought and how that relationship developed. Here it seems like fanservice. This is evident during the second half of the episode which mainly serves as a way to discover younger characters of Springfield who act no different than their modern counterparts; seriously I can tell that they're going to be who they are because they are who they are 6 years after. That's called lazy characterization people. There's no true sense of brotherly/sisterly bond and it seems like the resolution to the fighting also has no purpose whatsoever; which leads to the next problem, purpose. You'll have trouble trying to relate to the empty souls of Homer and Marge as they try to look for their kids because well... they don't do much; they only seem to include fanservicey jokes and jokes that seem more modern than ancient and well, there's no true connection.

The attempts to keep this bound without a year is admirable but the fact that they're trying to be super-meta about it makes it unfunny. This doesn't seem timeless, more like it's going to be seen as super-dated whenever the next era comes out as evident by the fact that we have flatscreen TV's, monitors and well... photo was relevant 6 years ago to this date (2015). I believe in storytelling bound by small tells to make you notice the era that's going on, this is not storytelling I can endorse or believe in. In fact I don't think this is storytelling at all, the true masters of storytelling can learn how to explore relationships, change the paths and make things unpredictable and exciting. That was the purpose of Lisa's First Word, to tell a story and to be logical at the same time; it was designed to show Bart's origins, their past life, Bart's jealousy and how they came to be both past and present term. It's almost brilliant in it's storytelling, this is not.

You can predict where every event is going to happen. I don't know if it was intentional or not but it if was intentional (which it was most likely not) than good job. Lisa's "crying" can be seen from a mile away while the whole Bart saving Lisa and Homer saving the kids can also be seen from a mile away. Look you've watched the series, you know this is going to happen. Homer getting angry over monetary/minute issues like kids & shoes, Simpsons being banned everywhere they go due to their dysfunctionalism, fake-out gags galore and well, drops to the future/screw the audience gags. I could find myself thinking "fake" when I view this episode because that's what it is, fake. I had to walk out the room a couple of times because it was so unbelievably forced and fake that I just can't stand it anymore.

Look, I understand the Simpsons' right to exist if it makes good episodes but the "fans" have just lost it. It's just, it's just time for this show to go. I get more enjoyment talking to Kip about Simpsons episodes than I do reviewing episodes like these because there are more episodes outnumbering what is the classic era and well, if I had to review every one then I don't know how I'd manage to deal with myself. They really forgotten how to tell classic stories mixed in with jokes, cultural references and unexpected lines that may become analyzed in the future, I'm amazed at how far they've fallen.

1.0/10

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kangdos

Banned
    Blog Entries

Even though I was really skeptical about this episode at first, I ended up loving it more than most people on this board which is a sign that this season has way too many overly-hyped episodes. I mean if this episode isn't getting the rave reviews then I think season 26 be getting that highly-praised episode that the previous seasons had.

Really, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular from this episode like genuine emotion or anything because we've already gotten that covered with I Won't Be Home For Christmas. I mean this episode did have potential for emotion, but I think it just works as a feel-good Bart/Lisa episode. I really liked how they handled the plot and depite the fact that Bart and Lisa fighting is played for laughs, the characterizations with Homer and Marge actually being about them was what makes it work. I did laugh a lot with this episode like when Kearny said "This is why I'm nervous about becoming a dad.", Selma working at a psychic hotline and yes I even found the number of ways Bart and Lisa fought to be hilarious. Really not that much to say about this episode. I mean it's definitely not better than Lisa's First Word, but it's still great in it's own right and I really don't care that this episode is lacking when it comes to emotion as less emotion is better with this show these days as I'd rather not have a season filled with shoehorned emotion. Plus the ending was sweet enough. 10/10

Thread Information