View Poll Results: Rate: "Walking Big and Tall" (TABF06)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 "I wash myself with a rag on a stick."

3 4.41%
  • 4/5 "All my life I've been an obese (man/woman) trapped inside a fat (man's/woman's) body."

15 22.06%
  • 3/5 "I'm using the original notches that came with my belt."

27 39.71%
  • 2/5 "I'm wasting away! Oh... I'm down to a B-cup."

13 19.12%
  • 1/5 "Diet."

10 14.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R&R: "Walking Big and Tall" (TABF06)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R: "Walking Big and Tall" (TABF06)

Written by Michael Price.

When Lisa learns Springfield's anthem was stolen from another town she writes a replacement. Meanwhile, Homer learns the meaning of "Wide Pride."

Guest star: Pharrell

Original air date: February 8, 2015

if you have a problem with this thread or one or more of the poll options, take it up with one of the active moderators
    Last edited by Beavis; 02-08-2015 at 03:50 PM.

They didn't show the opening sequence in my area! After the ten-second FOX News promo, they showed a Fox 25 weather update about the impending snowstorm, and then went right to the town meeting in progress on the show!

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

ACT ONE:

Hans Moleman as a spry young mayor? A few seconds in and I'm already weirded out.

The song is pretty good I will admit.

So the plot is started by Moe bursting in and playing the song. They're really dropping the ball quickly.

The Burns trapdoor gag was pretty good. I'll admit, he's had some good moments this season.

The _____ Anonymous gag was good, too.

ACT TWO:

Oh goody, another overly long list gag.

So, what happened to the anthem plot? Was it even in this act?

ACT THREE:

Oh, there's the song plot again... sorta.

The urn gag was funny at first, but it overstayed its welcome. They should have ended at 2 or 3 urns.

That future gag was way too weird.

OVERALL:

Tedious episode. Really, really tedious. 2/5 (D)
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

If was okay. I liked the callbacks but that sub plot was really not nesscecary. And that fat list went on for too long.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

The lack of continuity was awful. Moleman was like 26 or something and he was mayor when Homer, Marge and co. were kids? Ridiculous.

The song was stupid. The other song was really stupid. That should be from Bob's Burgers.

Nobody is going to know who Pharrell is in ten years.

CANCEL. THE. SHOW.

insert usertitle here The Easter Egg Council Creep's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lets do this.
    + Nice couch gag
    +Springograd
    ++ Hans Moleman as mayor.
    ++ Nice song!
    + No unrelated first act!
    + Tex-Mex- Sex
    + Hans Moleman on horse
    +++ Take THAT Pharrel Williams!
    + Callback to Stark Raving Dad
    -- Bart is OOC. Why would he give a damn about the song?
    ++ Bart's prank
    + Fistbump through towel
    + Rump Horn
    --- Poor song. I liked the old anthem better. This sounds like a dumb graduation song.
    + "Lets have another"
    + Smallox free.
    ? Where will the plot go now?
    ++ I have laryngitis
    ++ Blimp Disaster
    -- Yay. Homer trys to lose weight. AGAIN!
    ? Roy sounds just like and looks just like Hibbert!
    + Diet soda.
    + Homer won't try to lose weight after all!
    End of act 1. Some weak spots, but mostly strong. 8.5/10. Headed for another strong 26 outing.
    + Restore Impossible
    This will turn into a marriage crisis episode soon.
    + In his balloon
    --- DEAR GOD!! THAT WAS A VERY LONG LIST GAG!
    + Wiggum getting tased
    --- HOW WONDERFUL!!! YET ANOTHER HOMER AND MARGE MARRIAGE CRISIS EPISODE!
    Oh my god. That was an AWFUL act! 1.5/10. 5/10 so far.
    +++ Grampa dancing.
    + Crumpled up papers
    - Dumb one hit gag
    + Ashes gag
    +++ HILARIOUS homer and marge walking Gag!
    Overall, Aside from 2 brilliant gags, this wasn't so great. 6/10.
    + Funny ending.
    Overall, that was about as bad as Bart's New Friend. 6/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    wait wtf, i think i accidentally made my place communist
    SEASON 29 RATINGS
    The Serfsons 5/10, Springfield Splendor 5/10, Whistler's Father 3/10 , Treehouse of Horror XXVIII 3/10, Grampy Can Ya Hear Me 3/10 , The Old Blue Mayor She Ain't What She Used To Be 3/10

Check out my music reviews!
    My Sonic reviews!
    And my Pokemon reviews!
    VOTED 3RD MOST IMPROVED USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST USER IN THE NHC AWARDS
    VOTED 2ND WORST BLOGGER IN THE NHC AWARDS

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

homer and marge squabble =/= marriage crisis episode

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Correction: Springfield only has one hurricane on record, but the records only go back to 1981 when the hall of records was mysteriously blown away!

Awful ep. 2/5
    Rest assured that I was on the Internet within minutes, registering my disgust throughout the world.

Blog Entries

And also, Moleman is 31 years old, so 30 years ago he was 1.

I think you guys are taking that one-off Moleman joke way too seriously.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Billionaire View Post
    I think you guys are taking that one-off Moleman joke way too seriously.
    It was stupid though.

The plot with Bart and Lisa was really good. The one with Homer was just dumb and boring.

5/5 - I had a Simpsons good time this evening. Fully animated, not pixelated,.. Thats a bonus!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    ACT ONE:

Hans Moleman as a spry young mayor? A few seconds in and I'm already weirded out.

The song is pretty good I will admit.

So the plot is started by Moe bursting in and playing the song. They're really dropping the ball quickly.

The Burns trapdoor gag was pretty good. I'll admit, he's had some good moments this season.

The _____ Anonymous gag was good, too.

ACT TWO:

Oh goody, another overly long list gag.

So, what happened to the anthem plot? Was it even in this act?

ACT THREE:

Oh, there's the song plot again... sorta.

The urn gag was funny at first, but it overstayed its welcome. They should have ended at 2 or 3 urns.

That future gag was way too weird.

OVERALL:

Tedious episode. Really, really tedious. 2/5 (D)
    Pretty much all of this. As you say what's generally frustrating is even when the show has funny moments - and I'd even say the list gag was funny at first - it completely kills the humour stone dead by either overextending or ending the joke on a lame footing. As for the overall episode, just another case of wasted potential.

Nice to see Hans Moleman involved in some way I suppose.

2/5, 4/10, D+

Blog Entries

The list gags certainly came soft and slow tonight. Albert wasn't a bad one off character, though.

Fails at masonry Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

During the first act, I thought this had the potential to be a very good episode. Unfortunately, they focused too much on the weight plot and too little on the songwriting plot, taking away some potential originality the episode could have had. The song they sang at school was really good, by the way. I was afraid it was going to become another marriage crisis episode when he joined the weight club, and it wasn't really, though it gave off those vibes at times. And what confused me the most is when the wide pride group was revealed to be an antagonist-like character. They seemed understandable; if you're proud of who you are, go ahead and celebrate it with others like you. But then the writers seemed to treat them like a bad group that shouldn't exist. I didn't agree with that, because I thought it was a justifiable group. That knocked my grade down quite a bit. 3/5

Also, that list joke at the bar went on way too long. According to my stopwatch, it was 38.6 seconds.

Mom, Bart's Smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    During the first act, I thought this had the potential to be a very good episode. Unfortunately, they focused too much on the weight plot and too little on the songwriting plot, taking away some potential originality the episode could have had. The song they sang at school was really good, by the way. I was afraid it was going to become another marriage crisis episode when he joined the weight club, and it wasn't really, though it gave off those vibes at times. And what confused me the most is when the wide pride group was revealed to be an antagonist-like character. They seemed understandable; if you're proud of who you are, go ahead and celebrate it with others like you. But then the writers seemed to treat them like a bad group that shouldn't exist. I didn't agree with that, because I thought it was a justifiable group. That knocked my grade down quite a bit. 3/5

Also, that list joke at the bar went on way too long. According to my stopwatch, it was 38.6 seconds.
    I agree with this. I thought the funeral scene was hysterical. There were a lot of callbacks in this episode. Some of them weren't bad at all. I think a 3/5 C+ is appropriate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    wasn't that the joke though?

Fails at masonry Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What, the length? Nothing that long is funny.

Exception: rake joke

Blog Entries

Another episode to throw on the ever-growing heap of forgettable latter-day Simpsons episodes. At least it wasn't anything terrible, though, which I guess is a win in this era.

The episode starts with the return of Bart and Lisa teaming up, which is always a treat. We've also got two catchy songs (did anyone catch the writer of the songs? don't think it was Alf Clausen this time) with some surprisingly on-pitch singing voices tonight. Perhaps made even more surprising by the fact that Dan Castellaneta, who's usually the most consistent singer these days, didn't have a part. Several decent callbacks to '90s episodes; it's always nice to be reminded that I could stop the episode and pull out my copy of Whacking Day. The Moleman bit didn't bother me too much; I think the backstory of him being such a cool dude 30 years ago is fun subversion without any retconning that would blow up the Internet. However, the audience set during the flashback has young Homer and young Marge sitting next to each other with their respective parents, which ticked me off a little; if this happened before The Way We Weren't, it'd be incorrect as they don't know each other yet, but if it happened afterwards, it'd be wrong too because they didn't see each other until the events of The Way We Was. Eh, I guess that was to set up the year-by-year flash-forward to the present, which had some decent callbacks from what I remember. Amusing horse bit, obligatory guest star...and that's the end of that plot. Unfortunate, too; I was looking forward to the Bart/Lisa collaboration tonight more than the Homer plot.

Anyway, Homer's plot is well underway by now. Albert's character is fine, albeit rather bland. On the other hand, the use of the other fat people of Springfield was a nice set piece that led to some decent gags (as opposed to introducing a bunch of bland fat one-timers). The godawful list gag put me to sleep - why didn't anyone put a "meh" stamp on that before it got to air? Although the episode gets some points for generally handling the fat people in good taste - again, I guess that's a win in the HD era. The Marge/Homer conflict that ensues (conflict--not a marriage crisis!) is rather underwhelming given Price's former efforts with the Homer/Marge dynamic, i.e. Dangers on a Train and Mommie Beerest. It's not that there's anything wrong with their characterizations, but I just can't be bothered to care about either side - as Marge puts it, "I just don't know what to think anymore." Homer has forsaken Marge for the fat people, but how much screen time do we get showing the buildup and effects of this split? The idea of Bart and Lisa writing a song to solve the conflict was kind of cool when it was first introduced, but their plot was already ditched in the first act so it's not really tying a subplot together as much as it is calling back to an earlier event. And besides, that was ditched a second time for the one-hit wonder bit. Albert's heroic effort to stand up made me laugh (sorry), as did his massive bag of ashes, but overall the resolution is serviceable at best. As a result of all this mediocrity, Marge and Homer growing up while Homer continually tries to get skinnier doesn't have a big impact emotionally - if anything, it made me think of A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again and had me call out the King-Size Homer callback. Moleman's "whoa!" bit at the end made me laugh. Oh, and the best joke of the episode was easily the spinning newspaper gag: great cheat made even funnier by how absurd the notion of spinning a newspaper is. And for the second time this season, Kumiko appears and says something! Forgot what it was though. Dang.

Couple other things I'll throw in:
    From a quick glance, the sheet music Bart and Lisa were holding were random notes and not the actual anthem.
    #SpringfieldPride made an admirable effort to trend tonight. 368 tweets - and counting!

Underwhelming, but overall it's pretty serviceable. But look on the bright side - season 26's still got a great run going. I do miss the days of every other episode being a Selman episode, though. 6/10
    Last edited by peyrin; 02-08-2015 at 09:52 PM.

greatest living philostopher Insomnia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A couple funny jokes with good a premise but bad pacing and execution. It was nice finally having a one off character not voiced by some popular actor or singer or something, just a real great voice actor, if Alfred had not have died I wouldn't have minded him coming back. Oh well. 2.5/5
    Last edited by Insomnia; 02-08-2015 at 09:07 PM.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

@pkkao the songs were by Asa Taccone. (other NHC users may recognize him as the guy who did the songs for the american dad eps "hot water"/"minstrel krampus")

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Blog Entries

I think Kumiko's line was something like "I'd love you even more if you were thin".

Anyway, I liked a few gags (laryngitis, spinning newspaper, Albert being 23) and KMR is awesome. I'll be generous and give it a 3.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Written by Michael Price
    Directed by Chris Clements
    "Old Springfield Anthem" and "New Springfield Anthem" Music by Asa Taccone, Lyrics by Michael Price
    Couch: The couch turns into a "sushi boat", and everybody into pieces of sushi; everybody is snapped up by chopsticks except Homer, but when he celebrates, he falls into the water and a fish eats him
    Special Guest Voice: Kevin Michael Richardson, Pharrell Williams
    Also Starring: Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Chris Edgerly
    Overseas Animation: Rough Draft
    TV Rating: TV-PG-LV

In the couch gag, the Simpsons boat is between a Flanders boat and a Van Houten boat.

The two anthems' music were written by Asa Taccone, who, among other things, won an Emmy for the Saturday Night Live song "Dick in a Box".

The "Only Oakland" clip appears to show the old "eastern span" of the San Francisco Bay Bridge, which was torn down and replaced.

On the sheet music, Bart gets credited first.

In the mural at the end of the new anthem, the I's and the N in the Springfield sign are in lower case.

Everybody at Alcoholics Anonymous is smoking; everybody at Smokers Anonymous is drinking coffee; everybody at Coffee Addicts Anonymous is drinking alcohol and smoking.

The snacks:
    Ice Cream Hoagies
    Deep-fried sugar bags
    Dorsnickos (Snickers bars with pieces of Doritos in them)
    Snickeritos (Dorito "sandwiches" with Snickers between the chips)
    Milky Snicks
    Porksicles
    "and of course" Diet Buzz Cola

Things the barflies at Moe's are no longer to call Homer:
    Chubby
    Chunko
    Blobbo
    Slobbo
    Fat Bastard
    Michelin Man
    Stay-Puft
    Chumbawumba
    "IT IS BALLOON!"
    Papa Grande
    Augustus Gloop
    Beached Whale
    Big-Boned
    Wisconsin Skinny
    Butterball
    Dump Truck
    Jelly Belly
    Pudgy-Wudgy
    Lard Ass
    Blubberino
    Bhudda Belly
    Hurry-Eat Tubman
    One-Ton Soup
    Blob Saget
    Chub Hub
    Calvin Cool-Whip
    Mannfred Man-Boobs
    21 Lump Street
    Walking "Before" Picture
    Fatso
    Harvey Milk Chocolate
    Obese-Want Cannoli
    Mahatma Gumbo
    Salvador Deli
    Elmer Pantry
    KFC & the Spongecake Band
    Snacky Onassis
    The Foodie Blues
    Hoagie Carmichael
    Wide Load
    Mister Two-belts

LYRICS to "Old Springfield Anthem"
    There's a special little place
    A special smile on every face
    A town called Springfield
    Special buildings, special sky
    A unique place to live and die
    Only Springfield
    Of all the cities on the mappy
    You're the one that makes me happy
    Only Springfield
    Only Springfield!

LYRICS to "New Springfield Anthem"
    Springfield's the only home that we've got
    But to be frank, there's not a lot to recommend it
    We've got a big sinkhole
    And they shut down the thinkhole
    Hashtag "Springfield Pride" has never, ever trended
    But when you think of the things we lack
    'Stead of the stuff we got
    Why Springfield? Why Not?
    We've only had a hurricane once
    We haven't had a circus fire in months
    Springfield - Why Not?
    Ooooh, we're just off the interstate
    Aahhh, the second right off exit 8
    You may find our culture lacking
    We finally outlawed our snake whacking
    Sure, our cops are easily bought
    And our dentists are all self-taught
    But hooray for Springfield
    Give two cheers - smallpox free for seven years
    Why Springfield? Why not?

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: peyrin

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I'm probably the only one here who knew who Elon Musk was but had no idea who Pharell Williams was (before the Season 26 information thread). The musical number wasn't great. Both "anthems" were more like pop songs. I was under the impression that the anthem thing was going to be the main plot, but nope, rather than an episode involving Bart and Lisa teaming up, which is something we haven't seen in quite a while (if I recall correctly), we got yet another marriage crisis episode (EDIT: how was this not a marriage crisis episode? Marge and Homer's arguments basically took up the last two acts and their marriage is what was primarily at stake here). I didn't even understand this one; Homer decided to go back into the jail cell because he pictured Marge as celery? I can't imagine Homer so readily (and happily) choosing the fat people over his wife. Why were the fat people arrested in the first place? Is protesting illegal? How did they get out of jail? Why did Marge go to the fat people's march to announce that she was going to use Bart and Lisa's song to express her opinion when they didn't even write a song? They also didn't need to create some lazy Fat Albert parody; Springfield has plenty of fat people already that they could have used. It wouldn't have been necessary to kill him or her, either; they could have had the heart attack and survived, with the same lesson. This episode wasn't egregiously bad like the last one and I chuckled a few times (so the humour was above average for Season 26), but it was still very boring and didn't make much sense. 2/10
    Last edited by Insanity Pepper; 02-08-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Banned

Wow. They tried their very best to fuck that episode up as badly as they could. It was another case of a A plot becoming a B plot, and the way it was executed was just appauling in sections.
    The 5 minutes was great, but it felt really really rushed, and I had a sneaking suspicion that this episode wasn’t going be what I was expecting. Lisa almost immidently teaming up with Bart, they were still rushing the plot along.
    The way Bart and Lisa over-explained the references to ‘Stark Raving Dad’ got worse and worse right after the first mention of it. I always hate those sort of forced references, and this was one of the worst.
    So then we have a montage of Bart and Lisa writing the song – how they pull a song out of their asses after doing this is beyond me. When this montage started I moved my mouse to check the run time of the episode. We’re at 4:45. Either this is going to be a really really REALLY long montage (dear god no) or my suspicious are correct (oh dear god no even more). And what do you know, as I predicted earlier in the week, we get a 2 part episode, except even worse, the 2nd part is longer!
    So I have to ask – why did they need to spend so long flying through all of the opening few minutes? The A plot is only 5:30 long, and they blew it by releasing the song before the episode aired. So Bart and Lisa sing their kickass song. I’ve watched the song about 4 times before the episode aired, and I thought about skipping through it, but its just so good. The sort of refrences in the song are not forced of dragged out as the earlier one, that’s what makes them good. Then the song ends, and as I also wrote in the P&S thread a few days ago, This is the start of the B plot. Problem is we’re only 5 minutes in. So after some unfunny and predictable escapades by Homer, we’ve got the B plot at 8 minutes in. This is the opposite of what I predicted.
    God that stupid newspaper gag. And a uncredibly unfunny and super predictable room gags. And finally we get to what has become the A plot – 9 minutes in. This premise sounded bad enough as a subplot, its got to be even worse as a main plot. At least the jokes they make with this are moderately funny, quick, and for once in the Hd era, not over explained.
    So Homer goes home and Marge is uploading photos – not even having anything todo with the episode. The B plot forgotten already?
    But then all that gets thrown out, with the laziest, worst scene of the season.
    40 SECONDS OF HOMER READING OUT NAMES. YES I TIMED IT.
    What lazy ass bunch of writers came up with this stupid scene. If I was running the show, I would sack every single writer instantly. No second chances at all.
    And is this unfunny scene the reason they rushed all the opening 5 minutes? What a complete waste of time.
    So then here come all the fat people for some reason – and that gay guy who’s name escapes me sounds way off. Then all the fat people are arrested – more fat jokes, and Homer decides not leave jail – what stupid people wrote this.
    Back at homer Grandpa is running around like a moron, and while Marge makes a point of it, he sits down on the couch like nothing has ever happened. This writing is just so appallingly lazy...
    And out of nowhere the B plot is back after missing for the last 8 minutes – after being the only plot for the first 8 minutes. Bart and Lisa can’t write another song, predictable. While the rest of this episode is terrible, the scenes/lines (including the song) between Bart and Lisa are great.
    So the fat people go to the park – I must have missed why, but Bart and Lisa show up and start arguing with each other for no reason, even they are struggling to balance out the episode. Then Marge pleads with Homer, this reminds me of the ‘the water was on fire’ repeated scenes earlier this season, which were just as bad as this. I’m tired of seeing this bullshit plot ending come up, its happened way too many times. Of course Fatty dies and another very predictable gag with the urns, and they walk off and Homer changes through multiple states. Mumu Homer in HD. And Bart is a robot now? Reminds me of Holidays of Future Future (shudder).

Final Thoughts
    When the plot was announced, it looked like it could be on of the best episodes of the season. Of course, this couldn’t be done, as they butchered a good plot idea with lazy writing, and by not making it a major focus. This Season so far has been pretty much the best season since 21, just like 23 was, but we’ve had two not the best episodes in a row for the first time this season, and we could be headed down another slippery slope like that again. (of course that got us ‘ATFFTBWNDA’ and this season has ‘The Kids are all Fight’, so maybe it wouldn’t be all bad.)
    As for the episode, the opening minutes are really of a high quality, and the song is just amazing. Its unfortunate that is was attached to this bad plot, but its really not all that bad. Its watchable, that’s something.
    ACT 1: 5/5
    Act 2: 2/5
    Act 3: 2/5
    A Plot (Bart + Lisa): A
    B Plot (Homer): D+
    Score: B-
    For the Era: B+
    5.5/10, up to 3/5, 1 point for the song.
    Last edited by bomberswarm2; 02-09-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I actually really enjoyed this episode. While I was kind of disappointed that this episode only focused on the national anthem aspect for the first act when most of us thought it would be the whole episode. Still I wasn't too dissapointed as the direction this episode took wasn't bad. First off all they handled the certain family member is concerned about Homer's weight plot better than Clown in the Dumps did and at least it connected to the unrelated first act pretty well. Also the episode did have quite a few clever jokes like the spinning newspaper gag, "Baby's first peaches" and "Seniors last peaches", the diet soda joke (Even though I felt like they over-explained it a little with Comic Book Guy saying we mustn't forget the diet soda.) and Albert's ashes filling up so many pots. As for the list gag that some people complained about, I thought it was kind of funny, but I agree that they dragged it on for too long. As for Albert, he was an alright one-time character and Kevin Michael Richardson's voice is always pleasant to listen to, but I felt like his character could've been developed more. As for the national anthem plot those first five minutes were very solid and the Springfield, Why Not? song is one of the best songs to come out of the show in a long time.

So while I can understand why most people are underwhelmed with this episode, I thought it was above-average for HD-era standards and I'm so glad this episode didn't suck because I didn't want to wait another 2 weeks for another terrible episode just like I did with The Musk Who Fell To Earth. Even though this episode didn't fully reach it's potential with the nation anthem plot, the final product of this episode is still pretty solid. 8/10

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Giving this shit 1/5, and changing Musk's to 0/5.

Fuck this episode.
    +++The only clever jokes (mainly the callbacks (eg the simpler times gag)) were sporadic.
    ---Me, @bomberswarm2 and @Rem were misled by the adverts thinking this was an anthem episode.
    ---Marriage crisis.
    ---Two shitty list jokes.
    ---Albert's pots.

I liked the anthem, and the callbacks, but the whole Homer's fat plot has been done better elsewhere, the dead horse named Marriage Crisis has disintegrated into dust and mainly I'm just disappointed in an episode which couldve been good
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

I didn't remember that Eddie sounded that low.

I'm proud to consider flashbacks being as non-canon as THOHs or future scenes, since I still think the bus driver is under 20 (he's probably in his mid 30's according to the flashbacks), but also because Ned is 60.

I'm used to consider flashbacks as non-canon since That 90's show (or even maybe Springfield up).
    Last edited by simpsonsbart; 02-09-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Unlike with the live-action 20th Century-Fox shows aired on the Fox network (Sleepy Hollow, New Girl, Empire, Backstrom, Glee), the words "Fox Presents" have not been added to the opening credits of the three animated shows (The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob's Burgers) - at least, not yet. I'm a little surprised Fox didn't ask that it be added to this episode, especially as the title card gag (Ralph as Cupid) was a repeat from Season 23 and it could have been added in-house quickly.

Thread Information