Blog Entries

The Simpsons' Secret? It's Written by Math Geeks.... NPR Interview

http://www.npr.org/2013/12/06/249261...-by-math-geeks

For 25 seasons, The Simpsons writers have been smuggling math onto Americans' TV screens. Author Simon Singh helps Ira decode the show's number play, while former Simpsons writer David X. Cohen remembers how he helped Homer solve Fermat's Last Theorem (
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)

" Well i always thought if a song was not going to say something, it should be an instrumental "
    - Gil Scott Heron ( NPR 1985 )

Well, I guess that makes up for them not being comedy writers
    SEASON 26:
    Clown in the Dumps: 3/5, The Wreck of the Relationship: 2/5, Super Franchise Me: 2/5 , THOH XXV: 4/5​, Opposites A-Frack: 3/5, Simsorama: 3/5, Blazed and Confused: 3/5

Pretentious Hipster Elitist Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Found this a while ago. This guy writes books on Simpsons and mathematics.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've read some of his book about the mathematics on the Simpsons (and Futurama), and it's an interesting read. A lot of it is just pointing out triviaish things like the blocks Maggie was playing with in Bart the Genius spelling out E=MC square and small things from episodes, but it has some interesting explanations to certain things like the puzzle in Lisa the Simpson and Homer3 and has a few interview quotes he did with Simpson and Futurama writers (he apparently was at the table read for Four Regrettings and a Funeral).
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 26 Ratings:
    Clown In the Dumps-6.5/10 The Wreck of the Relationship-7.1/10 Super Franchise Me-5.6/10 Treehouse of Horror XXV-7.8/10 Opposites A-Frack--/10 Simpsorama--/10 Blazed and Confused--/10 Covercraft--/10 I Won't Be Home For Christmas--/10 The Man Who Came to be Dinner--/10 The Musk Who Fell to Earth--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Thread Information