Season 25 Information Thread
The following information regards The Simpsons Season 25 (2013-2014)
5/13: New plots and guest stars announced for Season 26
5/9: New Episode Titles
Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for providing the template for this thread.
Regards to 6F01, biffwestwood, Blobulle, Dark Homer, Gran2, jbauer, lionelhutz123, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, That Don Guy, WeaselStomper, and everyone else who contributes over the next year, helping to keep this thread topped up with the latest information.
The information below is as accurate as when last updated, but could change at any time, so make sure you check this post regularly and we’ll keep it updated with all the latest news concerning the 25th Season.
Already Aired So Far
Click on an episode's name for a description and its Rate and Review thread.
September 29, 2013 - Homerland (RABF20)
October 6, 2013 - Treehouse of Horror XXIV (RABF16)
November 3, 2013 - Four Regrettings and a Funeral (RABF18)
November 10, 2013 - YOLO (RABF22)
November 17, 2013 - Labor Pains (RABF19)
November 24, 2013 - The Kid is All Right (SABF02)
December 8, 2013 - Yellow Subterfuge (SABF04)
December 15, 2013 - White Christmas Blues (SABF01)
January 5, 2014 - Steal This Episode (SABF05)
January 12, 2014 - Married to the Blob (SABF03)
January 26, 2014 - Specs and the City (SABF06)
March 9, 2014 - Diggs (SABF08)
March 9, 2014 - The Man Who Grew Too Much (SABF07)
March 16, 2014 - The Winter of His Content (SABF09)
March 23, 2014 - The War of Art (SABF10)
March 30, 2014 - You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee (SABF11)
April 6, 2014 - Luca$ (SABF12)
April 13, 2014 - Days of Future Future (SABF13)
April 27, 2014 - What To Expect When Bart's Expecting (SABF14)
May 4, 2014 - Brick Like Me (RABF21)
May 11, 2014 - Pay Pal (SABF15)
- The series has been renewed for a 26th Season, totaling 574 episodes. (Entertainment Weekly)
- Season 25 is Al Jean's thirteenth consecutive season as Executive Producer. Combined with his two years as EP for seasons 3 & 4, he has executive produced over half of the episodes of the show.
SABF18 - The Yellow Badge of Cowardge - May 18, 2014
- Written by Ian Maxtone-Graham and Billy Kimball. (Annie Awards Program Pg. 54)
- Bart is plagued with guilt when he wins the annual “last day of school” race around Springfield Elementary, with an assist from Nelson, who beats up frontrunner Milhouse. Meanwhile, Homer tries to bring back the annual 4th of July fireworks display after it’s canceled for budget reasons. Glenn Close returns as Mona Simpson and Olympian Edwin Moses guest-voices as himself. (TV By The Numbers)
Other Known Titles
- The Wreck of the Relationship (SABF17)
- Super Franchise Me (SABF19)
- Clown in the Dumps (SABF20)
- Opposites A-Frack (Matt Selman/Twitter)
- I Won't Be Home For Christmas
- Band of Dads
- The Musk Who Fell To Earth
- Blazed and Confused
Other Known Plots
- Judd Apatow is penning a script. The Apatow-written episode revolves around Homer being hypnotized to think he's Bart's age before the hypnotist has a heart attack, resulting in Homer becoming Bart's best friend and reverting back to childhood.(Huffington Post) Apatow is also guest-starring in an episode. (The Futon Critic)
- Al Jean teases a "very musical" episode. (Twitter)
- With regards to the loss of Marcia Wallace: "There isn’t that much material left that she actually recorded; we’ll air everything she did. Bart will get a new teacher: there won’t be another Mrs. Krabappel after Marcia’s material is gone."(Give Me My Remote)
- The hilarious adventures continue this fall, when KRUSTY (Castellaneta) plans to retire; Homer and Bart attempt to solve some father/son conflicts; Marge opens a sandwich franchise; MR. BURNS (Harry Shearer) finds a girlfriend in Democratic Assemblywoman Maxine Lombard (guest voice Jane Fonda); Bart schemes to bring down his new teacher, MR. LASSEN (guest voice Willem Dafoe), who is a terrible bully; Homer has a mid-life crisis; and “Futurama’s” “Bender” (guest voice John DiMaggio) makes an appearance in Springfield in a hilarious cross-over episode. Additional guest voices next season include Nick Offerman, David Hyde Pierce, Jeff Ross and Matthew Sweet. (FOX 2014 Programming Presentation [PDF])
Upcoming Guest Stars Without Episodes
- Christiane Amanpour (FOX)
- Jane Fonda (FOX 2014 Programming Presentation [PDF])
- Nick Offerman (AVClub)
- David Hyde Pierce (FOX 2014 Programming Presentation [PDF])
- Jeff Ross (BubbleBlabber)
- Robert Seigel (Matt Selman Twitter)
- Matthew Sweet (FOX 2014 Programming Presentation [PDF])
Season 26 premiere
- Jean teased that an established Simpsons character is on their way to the great beyond. “We’re working on a script where a character will pass away,” he confirmed. “I’ll give a clue: The actor who plays the character won an Emmy for playing that character. I won’t say who it is.” (Comic Book Resources) Hank Azaria confirms the character to be killed off is not one of his. The episode set to air as Season 26 premiere. (Entertainment Weekly)
- You can speculate about this episode here: 'Simpsons' plots to kill off another character ... but who?
RABF15 - The Man Who Came To Be Dinner
- September 29, 2013(FOX Flash)
- "We're going to be visiting Kang and Kodos' home planet," teases executive producer Al Jean, who cowrote the episode. "This is the first time we've used the aliens not for a Halloween episode. It will be really funny to see where they live and what they do." And how does America's favorite yellow family get looped into the insanity? "They go to an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future." Far out! Directed by David Silverman. (TV Guide, David Silverman/Twitter)
- The Simpsons board the wrong ride on a trip to “Dizzneeland” and are transported through the galaxy to Kang and Kodos’ home planet, where the inhabitants try to eat Homer in a giant fondue. (TVLine)
SABF16 - Simpsorama (Imgur)
- There will be a Futurama crossover episode. The plot will revolve around bad boys Bender and Bart: “Bender has to come back from the future to kill Bart because there’s something that Bart does now that makes the future really, really, really bad,” says Al Jean. The crossover episode was penned by Simpsons co-executive producer J. Stewart Burns, who has also written for Futurama.
It is slated to air on Fox as either the season 25 finale in May 2014 or as the season 26 premiere in fall 2014.(InsideTV Entertainment Weekly)
- Jean says the episode will air in the fall, but it won't be the season premiere because that's the big death episode ... unless they're one in the same??? (Give Me My Remote)
- You can discuss this episode here: Simpsons/Futurama Crossover on The Simpsons (2014)
SABF21 - Treehouse of Horror XXV
- David Silverman teases involvement on Treehouse of Horror XXV, working on opening.(David Silverman Twitter) (David Silverman Twitter)
- “[Next season]‘s Halloween [episode], we have a segment that is inspired by the movie, THE OTHERS, where it turns out the ghosts of the Tracey Ullman’s SIMPSONS are haunting the Simpsons’ house,” Jean teased. “That was a really great segment to do. And we have a few characters from the very distant past.” (Give Me My Remote)
- Kubrick inspired parody to come. (Al Jean via Twitter)
Around The World
For information on upcoming episodes airing across the globe, please see the following threads:
UK Channel 4 and Sky One Discussion Thread
Aussie/Zealander Lounge (contains off topic discussion)
For a more detailed list of upcoming episodes see the snpp.com guides, usually updated weekly:
The Copyright Office Catalog - Titles of upcoming episodes will show up here when they are copyrighted.
Fox Flash - Fox's official resource for press releases and promotional images.
Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter. Here's a list of some, but be aware as sources of new info their mileage varies greatly:
James L. Brooks
J Stewart Burns (not active)
Warning: Bad Media Sources!
Because of consistently false information that these sources have provided in the past, please do not take information from IMDB, TV.com, The Sun/The Star (UK), or Wikipedia seriously. Likewise, fake episode titles/plots and other false information posted will be ignored by the thread starter and the moderators in charge of maintaining this post. Thanks in advance.
Or, if you are still catching up with the previous season, see:
Season 24 Information Thread