Page 1 of 89 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 25 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 25 Information Thread

Season 25 Information Thread

The following information regards The Simpsons Season 25 (2013-2014)

Updates:
    5/13: New plots and guest stars announced for Season 26
    5/9: New Episode Titles

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for providing the template for this thread.

Regards to 6F01, biffwestwood, Blobulle, Dark Homer, Gran2, jbauer, lionelhutz123, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, That Don Guy, WeaselStomper, and everyone else who contributes over the next year, helping to keep this thread topped up with the latest information.

The information below is as accurate as when last updated, but could change at any time, so make sure you check this post regularly and we’ll keep it updated with all the latest news concerning the 25th Season.

Already Aired So Far
    Click on an episode's name for a description and its Rate and Review thread.
    September 29, 2013 - Homerland (RABF20)
    October 6, 2013 - Treehouse of Horror XXIV (RABF16)
    November 3, 2013 - Four Regrettings and a Funeral (RABF18)
    November 10, 2013 - YOLO (RABF22)
    November 17, 2013 - Labor Pains (RABF19)
    November 24, 2013 - The Kid is All Right (SABF02)
    December 8, 2013 - Yellow Subterfuge (SABF04)
    December 15, 2013 - White Christmas Blues (SABF01)
    January 5, 2014 - Steal This Episode (SABF05)
    January 12, 2014 - Married to the Blob (SABF03)
    January 26, 2014 - Specs and the City (SABF06)
    March 9, 2014 - Diggs (SABF08)
    March 9, 2014 - The Man Who Grew Too Much (SABF07)
    March 16, 2014 - The Winter of His Content (SABF09)
    March 23, 2014 - The War of Art (SABF10)
    March 30, 2014 - You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee (SABF11)
    April 6, 2014 - Luca$ (SABF12)
    April 13, 2014 - Days of Future Future (SABF13)
    April 27, 2014 - What To Expect When Bart's Expecting (SABF14)
    May 4, 2014 - Brick Like Me (RABF21)
    May 11, 2014 - Pay Pal (SABF15)

Loose Ends
    • The series has been renewed for a 26th Season, totaling 574 episodes. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Season 25 is Al Jean's thirteenth consecutive season as Executive Producer. Combined with his two years as EP for seasons 3 & 4, he has executive produced over half of the episodes of the show.

Upcoming Episodes

SABF18 - The Yellow Badge of Cowardge - May 18, 2014
    • Written by Ian Maxtone-Graham and Billy Kimball. (Annie Awards Program Pg. 54)
    • Bart is plagued with guilt when he wins the annual “last day of school” race around Springfield Elementary, with an assist from Nelson, who beats up frontrunner Milhouse. Meanwhile, Homer tries to bring back the annual 4th of July fireworks display after it’s canceled for budget reasons. Glenn Close returns as Mona Simpson and Olympian Edwin Moses guest-voices as himself. (TV By The Numbers)

Other Known Titles
    • The Wreck of the Relationship (SABF17)
    • Super Franchise Me (SABF19)
    • Clown in the Dumps (SABF20)
    • Opposites A-Frack (Matt Selman/Twitter)
    • I Won't Be Home For Christmas
    • Band of Dads
    • The Musk Who Fell To Earth
    • Blazed and Confused

Other Known Plots
    • Judd Apatow is penning a script. The Apatow-written episode revolves around Homer being hypnotized to think he's Bart's age before the hypnotist has a heart attack, resulting in Homer becoming Bart's best friend and reverting back to childhood.(Huffington Post) Apatow is also guest-starring in an episode. (The Futon Critic)
    • Al Jean teases a "very musical" episode. (Twitter)
    • With regards to the loss of Marcia Wallace: "There isn’t that much material left that she actually recorded; we’ll air everything she did. Bart will get a new teacher: there won’t be another Mrs. Krabappel after Marcia’s material is gone."(Give Me My Remote)
    • The hilarious adventures continue this fall, when KRUSTY (Castellaneta) plans to retire; Homer and Bart attempt to solve some father/son conflicts; Marge opens a sandwich franchise; MR. BURNS (Harry Shearer) finds a girlfriend in Democratic Assemblywoman Maxine Lombard (guest voice Jane Fonda); Bart schemes to bring down his new teacher, MR. LASSEN (guest voice Willem Dafoe), who is a terrible bully; Homer has a mid-life crisis; and “Futurama’s” “Bender” (guest voice John DiMaggio) makes an appearance in Springfield in a hilarious cross-over episode. Additional guest voices next season include Nick Offerman, David Hyde Pierce, Jeff Ross and Matthew Sweet. (FOX 2014 Programming Presentation [PDF])

Upcoming Guest Stars Without Episodes

Next Season
    Season 26 premiere
    • Jean teased that an established Simpsons character is on their way to the great beyond. “We’re working on a script where a character will pass away,” he confirmed. “I’ll give a clue: The actor who plays the character won an Emmy for playing that character. I won’t say who it is.” (Comic Book Resources) Hank Azaria confirms the character to be killed off is not one of his. The episode set to air as Season 26 premiere. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • You can speculate about this episode here: 'Simpsons' plots to kill off another character ... but who?

RABF15 - The Man Who Came To Be Dinner - September 29, 2013 (FOX Flash)
    • "We're going to be visiting Kang and Kodos' home planet," teases executive producer Al Jean, who cowrote the episode. "This is the first time we've used the aliens not for a Halloween episode. It will be really funny to see where they live and what they do." And how does America's favorite yellow family get looped into the insanity? "They go to an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future." Far out! Directed by David Silverman. (TV Guide, David Silverman/Twitter)
    • The Simpsons board the wrong ride on a trip to “Dizzneeland” and are transported through the galaxy to Kang and Kodos’ home planet, where the inhabitants try to eat Homer in a giant fondue. (TVLine)

SABF16 - Simpsorama (Imgur)
    • There will be a Futurama crossover episode. The plot will revolve around bad boys Bender and Bart: “Bender has to come back from the future to kill Bart because there’s something that Bart does now that makes the future really, really, really bad,” says Al Jean. The crossover episode was penned by Simpsons co-executive producer J. Stewart Burns, who has also written for Futurama. It is slated to air on Fox as either the season 25 finale in May 2014 or as the season 26 premiere in fall 2014. (InsideTV Entertainment Weekly)
    • Jean says the episode will air in the fall, but it won't be the season premiere because that's the big death episode ... unless they're one in the same??? (Give Me My Remote)
    • You can discuss this episode here: Simpsons/Futurama Crossover on The Simpsons (2014)

SABF21 - Treehouse of Horror XXV
    • David Silverman teases involvement on Treehouse of Horror XXV, working on opening.(David Silverman Twitter) (David Silverman Twitter)
    • “[Next season]‘s Halloween [episode], we have a segment that is inspired by the movie, THE OTHERS, where it turns out the ghosts of the Tracey Ullman’s SIMPSONS are haunting the Simpsons’ house,” Jean teased. “That was a really great segment to do. And we have a few characters from the very distant past.” (Give Me My Remote)
    • Kubrick inspired parody to come. (Al Jean via Twitter)

Around The World
    For information on upcoming episodes airing across the globe, please see the following threads:
    UK Channel 4 and Sky One Discussion Thread
    Aussie/Zealander Lounge (contains off topic discussion)

For a more detailed list of upcoming episodes see the snpp.com guides, usually updated weekly:
    Europe
    Australia

Resources
    The Copyright Office Catalog - Titles of upcoming episodes will show up here when they are copyrighted.
    Fox Flash - Fox's official resource for press releases and promotional images.
    Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter. Here's a list of some, but be aware as sources of new info their mileage varies greatly:

James L. Brooks
    J Stewart Burns (not active)
    Al Jean
    Jon Kern
    Rob LaZebnik
    Chris Ledesma
    Tim Long
    Michael Price
    Mike Scully
    Matt Selman
    David Silverman
    Marc Wilmore

Warning: Bad Media Sources!
    Because of consistently false information that these sources have provided in the past, please do not take information from IMDB, TV.com, The Sun/The Star (UK), or Wikipedia seriously. Likewise, fake episode titles/plots and other false information posted will be ignored by the thread starter and the moderators in charge of maintaining this post. Thanks in advance.

Or, if you are still catching up with the previous season, see:
    Season 24 Information Thread

Don't you know I am serious!! Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An episode called "YOLO", eh?

Let the uproar commence.

Junior Camper

I'm going to make a bold prediction in saying this will be the final overall season of the show. At most, I can see Fox giving the show a short 6+ episode order to go along with the holdover episodes to make a shorter 13-episode wrap-up season where the writers know its going to end.

But I think this is the final "renewed" season, and the holdovers at the end will be combined with a short 6-7 episode renewal to end the series with.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb or Dumber? View Post
    An episode called "YOLO", eh?

Let the uproar commence.
    Came in here to shout my disgust simply because of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

I've pretty much given up on trying to figure out when the show will end. I think I first made a prediction around season 15 or so, yet, here we are.

Last season was painfully average. Season 23 had way more bad episodes, but, at least, that one had some really good entries to break up the monotony. I spent most of this past season saying, "meh."

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Judd Apatow is penning a script. The Apatow-written episode revolves around Homer being hypnotized to think he's Bart's age before the hypnotist has a heart attack, resulting in Homer becoming Bart's best friend and reverting back to childhood.(Huffington Post)
    Oh, so it's a rip off of Office Space?

Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

"One of the keys to life is having a sense of proportion, knowing how long to sit at a restaurant after you've eaten, or how long you should go on vacation if you go to Hawaii for a month on vacation, I guarantee you that by the end you'll hate it. So it's the same with a TV show, you want to do a certain amount of it, so that when people look back on it and they love it. I could have easily done the show for one or two or three more years, but it would have changed the way people look back at it. I think I made the right decision. Because people like the show now even more than they did in the 1990s, because it didn't get worn out." -- Jerry Seinfeld

Blog Entries

yep, that 1990 script definitely ripped off that 1999 movie

Blog Entries

Brick Like Me, Yolo

this is the worst title for anything I have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Isn't he banned? :/

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Fudge View Post
    Brick Like Me, Yolo

this is the worst title for anything I have ever seen.
    Brick Like Me and Yolo are seperate episodes.

Blog Entries

oh

Blog Entries

My predictions:

Homer becomes a brick-layer. Somehow.
    Homer takes up extreme sports. Somehow.

The "Yolo" title reminds me of an useless reality show in my country. But I don't expect the worst.

Kang & Kodos already appeared outside of the Halloween episodes, they were guests during that roast of Homer Simpson.

Good to see Gordon Ramsay returning, but sadly for a cameo. Would've been nice if they did a ''Kitchen Nightmares'' episodes on the Simpsons, where The Simpsons start their own restaurant with Gordon yelling their ears off.

Gump roast isn't canon, @Kaine.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    The "Yolo" title reminds me of an useless reality show in my country. But I don't expect the worst.
    I researches the word "yolo" and the best definition I could find was from the urban dictionary website.

It said that it is an acronym for "You only live once"

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

It looks like this Kang and Kodos ride mentioned in the show has been immortalized at Universal Studios Orlando. Perhaps this is a plausible explanation for why the episode "The Man Who Came to be Dinner" has been postponed, since it features a similar ride.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort

Blog Entries

YOLO could be the Judd Apatow episode.

I believe it is the third one-word title after Rosebud and HOMR.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance.Uppercut View Post
    It looks like this Kang and Kodos ride mentioned in the show has been immortalized at Universal Studios Orlando. Perhaps this is a plausible explanation for why the episode "The Man Who Came to be Dinner" has been postponed, since it features a similar ride.

https://www.facebook.com/UniversalOrlandoResort
    I think the ride in the show is supposed to be some kind of rocket.
    The new Universal ride reminds me more of

According to the episode synopsis the rocket in the Kang and Kodos ep is called "Journey to Your Future".

Of all the episode titles we have, one of them must be a SABF episode - most likely "Yolo" if it is indeed the Judd Apatow episode as it was mentioned as being produced for season 25. Unless there's a RABF23, of course...
    Season 25 Ratings
    Awful, probably

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    According to the episode synopsis the rocket in the Kang and Kodos ep is called "Journey to Your Future".

Of all the episode titles we have, one of them must be a SABF episode - most likely "Yolo" if it is indeed the Judd Apatow episode as it was mentioned as being produced for season 25. Unless there's a RABF23, of course...
    I doubt there'll be a 23rd episode. Extra shows cost money that I seriously doubt Fox is willing to provide.

Off-topic, I almost thought there was going to be a season 26 announcement, earlier today. Michael Price mentioned he had a big reveal (which ended up being the Times Square Lego X-Wing display). I asked him about the Simpsons possibility. Although it wasn't a Simpsons announcement, he mentioned he was still hopeful for another season past s25.

Blog Entries

he thinks there's any doubt the show won't be renewed?
    Quote Originally Posted by JESUS CHRIST 22
    dont bother saying how i spelt changed as chenged thats how its spelt in heaven
    Season 26 Ratings:
    ----

4 > 5 > 6 > 2 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 1 > 10 > 9 > 12 > 11 > 13 > 14 > 20 > 15 > 18 > 16 > 19 > 17 > 21 = 22 = 23 = 24 = 25

Junior Camper horatio huffnagel's Avatar

I hope it is. What the hell is brick like me a pun of? Anybody know ?

Blog Entries

Black Like Me?
    Paul Giamatti's plumber knows me by name
    .............My Twitter

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Possibly Black Like Me, a book I had to read in 11th Grade about a white man pretending to be black in the segregated South of the 1950s/60s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me

Can't imagine the plot having to do with it unless Homer pretends to be a brick wall the entire episode.

Blog Entries

Homer accidentally hits Carl with a brick and is accused of a hate crime.
    Or Homer pretends to be a brick. That sounds more likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Can't imagine the plot having to do with it unless Homer pretends to be a brick wall the entire episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex of Insomnia View Post
    Homer accidentally hits Carl with a brick and is accused of a hate crime.
    South Park already did it!

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    he thinks there's any doubt the show won't be renewed?
    He probably wouldn't know at this point, and only speculate.

If there are any ongoing current negotiations for future seasons, they're happening behind very closed doors, involving only the necessary parties. Mike Price isn't one of them.

Trying to nap Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alex of Insomnia View Post
    Or Homer pretends to be a brick. That sounds more likely.
    Already done.

The original Favorite and least favorite by season
    Shorts: 1: The Pacifier Watching TV 2: World War III Maggie's Brain 3: Bathtime Scary Movie
    Episodes: 1: Krusty Gets Busted There's No Disgrace Like Home 2: Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3: Homer at the Bat Separate Vocations 4: Marge vs. the Monorail Krusty Gets Kancelled 5: Cape Feare Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homer Badman Lisa on Ice 7: King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8: Homer's Enemy Homer's Phobia 9: Bart Carny The Trouble with Trillions 10: Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" 11: Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12: HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13: Tales from the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15: The Ziff Who Came to Dinner Bart-Mangled Banner 16: A Star Is Torn She Used to Be My Girl 17: My Fair Laddy The Italian Bob 18: The Haw-Hawed Couple The Boys of Bummer 19: Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20: Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21: The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22: Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23: The Falcon and the D'ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24: Hardly Kirk-ing What Animated Women Want 25: The War of Art What to Expect When Bart's Expecting

Voted "Best Taste" in NHC awards. Therefore, I'm right, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb or Dumber? View Post
    YOLO could be the Judd Apatow episode.

I believe it is the third one-word title after Rosebud and HOMR.
    Duffless

Blog Entries

Homerpalooza
    Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(ANNOYED GRUNT)cious
    Homerazzi
    MoneyBART

Thread Information