Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Whiskey a God God

6 6.67%
  • 4/5: That'll make your bull run.

17 18.89%
  • 3/5: Does whiskey count as beer?

32 35.56%
  • 2/5: I better whiskey up these corn flakes.

23 25.56%
  • 1/5: Someone he can hurl whiskey bottles at when he's feeling low!

12 13.33%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate & Review: Whiskey Business (RABF13)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Whiskey Business (RABF13)

Moe's homemade alcohol pings the radar of venture capitalists. Grandpa gets hurt at home and finds Bart takes better care of him than the nursing home staff does, and Lisa complains about the "exploitation" of her dead jazz mentor Bleeding Gums Murphy after he "performs" at a concert as a projected image.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I didn't really like this one. It had a couple decent laughs but way too many things I found just dumb and unnecessary. Lisa's sub-plot was filler. Bart's felt like filler too actually. Moe's plot has been done so much better than this. I don't think it was as bad as the Mary Spuckler episodes but yeah, 2/5.

Oh, and the stock thing was actually funny on Futurama...

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I liked this one I chuckled a good amount of times. I wasn't bored by it so I'm giving it a C+ a 3/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Chatting Simpsons Since 1993 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Let's see. Good things to say... good things to say. I can come up with some. Let's see.

Well, ummm... I liked Bart making a game out of giving Grampa his pills by racing them down the stairs and around the RC car track. That was a creative gag.
    And I liked the line from Moe about "best likeness ever of his face created with lady parts". That was the one time I laughed.

And... Tim Long didn't write it. Oooh... and we got the yellow end credits font back. See... good things!

1 out of 5... tonight's episode was fillerific

Banned
    Blog Entries

It was really bad.

It felt like they watched a bunch of old episodes and then copy and pasted ideas and jokes together into an episode. Not to mention I didn't laugh once.

A 1/5.
    Last edited by The Angry Animated Comedy Nerd; 05-05-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

ACT ONE:

Despite the use of the dreaded sad and pathetic Moe, I actually enjoyed this act. I actually found the more sad side of the character to be put to good use this time because I could actually feel for him. I dunno, maybe I'm just easy to please tonight.

ACT TWO:

For some reason, Marge is just now discovering that Moe is suicidal (what?) and is taking him to Capital City for some reason. Despite the odd direction, I'm still watching without feeling that usual "man, is this stupid" feeling I associate with the new episodes. The only real stupid joke was the Bart/Grampa life force gag.

The "Whorehouse" joke has to be one of the best this season.

ACT THREE:

The episode is getting less believable, but I'm still not disgusted by it, probably because it's still not coming at you with retarded gags.

Marge doesn't know Grampa is in the basement. Uhh... won't she find him when she does her laundry? What about when him and Bart were talking? Surely, they were loud enough for Marge to be able to hear them?

ACT FOUR:

Hmm... yeah, I didn't really buy the resolution. It only seemed to happen because twenty minutes were up.

Also, the stock ticker going down with each sentence gag was much funnier when Futurama did it.

OVERALL:

While not very good, at least it had an okay plot and kept the retarded gags to a minimum. I'll give it a low 4/5 (B-)
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Banned
    Blog Entries

Haven't seen it yet, but does Ned Flanders make an appearance? Otherwise I cbf.

Also, I have to point out -- what a horrible title. Like, I get it, their titles are awful, but at least they're usually mind-numbingly "creative". This is just... like a parody of a generic pun. I don't know, oh my god, I'm puking.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but does Ned Flanders make an appearance? Otherwise I cbf.

Also, I have to point out -- what a horrible title. Like, I get it, their titles are awful, but at least they're usually mind-numbingly "creative". This is just... like a parody of a generic pun. I don't know, oh my god, I'm puking.
    Ned Flanders does NOT make an appearance.
    They DID remember Barney actually exists towards the end of the episode, strangely enough. Given the terribly delivered line from Dan I probably wish they had of just continued to forget about him.

If it makes you feel any better they spent about as much effort on writing the episode this week as they did with the title pun.
    In other news, Moe thinks a wearhouse sign outside of a clothing store actually means whorehouse. Isn't that hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    Why would they bring back Bleeding Gums Murphy?
    To give a Sonny Rollins-voiced hologram an excuse to appear... duh.
    Last edited by Brad Lascelle; 05-05-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Another inoffensive 3/5 for season 24. Sort of along the lines of "Black Eyed, Please", in that is was pretty enjoyable, but didn't really stand out. The A-plot with Moe was decent, as was the B-plot with Bart - both had some funny gags and touching moments, but neither really were all that interesting when compared to past Moe is down on his luck episodes and past Bart bonds with Abe episodes. I think they could have dropped Lisa's plot, from my memory it only had two scenes. Bringing back Bleeding Gums Murphy should be an episode itself, or at the very least a B-plot. Not a C-plot as it was tonight. Lisa wasn't even all that excited to see him "perform" again, nor was she all that angry. I think cutting the Lisa plot and beefing up Moe and Bart's stories would have helped a lot. Still, I enjoyed catching tonight's episode, I wasn't angry like I was following "What Animated Women Want". That was a bad Sunday night...
    UP AND ATOM!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lascelle View Post
    To give a Sonny Rollins-voiced hologram an excuse to appear... duh.
    Yeah but ugh. Just so they can use his voice again? May as well not have him come on at all.

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

To kill 2 minutes. Also, Moe doesn't recognize the prank caller is Bart anymore so good news for anyone who hated that in Dark Knight Court. Also, also I just couldn't get into Marge's involvement in the Moe plot. I kept thinking she stuck out like a sore thumb even though they've done an entire episode around their dynamic before that I really liked.

Lastly, the racist crows thing was done on Family Guy and likely everywhere else but it still got one of the biggest laughs from me.

I laughed at Grampa's sex joke and something else but I've forgotten already.. agree that this typical Moe plot has been done better.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

If we never see a Moe suicide joke again in the series, then I'll gladly give this episode another .5
    I thought the final scene was a good (potential) end to his "welp, time to kill myself!" trait. Well, except on holidays, but I totally get him in that regard.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Each Simpsons episode these days is a unique potion. Mix in a bit of this episode, a bit of that theme, a bit of that character, and presto, Simpsons episode stew. This is the essence of all shows, all scripted shows, all narrative; sprinkle in this type of conflict, that type of solution and so on. Since The Simpsons is the "canon" with which I'm most familiar (sadly), it's easy to pick out the individual ingredients that go in to make some mild-tasting Post-Classic Brew and, like many stews of this type, this leaves a slightly bitter aftertaste.

Take the wild literary structure of A Tree Grows in Springfield or The D'oh-cial Network, sprinkle in some classic gags like the "telephone hold music" (this one goes way, way back) or the "prank phone call", a bit of Bleeding Gums Murphy (complete with an archival line from the late Ron Taylor, the main voice actor for Bleeding Gums) and the sappy ending from Eeny Teeny Maya Moe. Each stew is a complex mixture, and I'm sure I'm missing key ingredients, but let's put this through the centrifuge a little bit and explore each part on its own.

An overly long couch gag which could've done without its last six seconds. Homer's description of the Oscars which could've done without its last six seconds. Homer's, Lenny's and Carl's argument in the bar, which could've done without its last six seconds (it just feels like every post-classic Simpsons joke could do without its last six seconds, like Moe and his comparison to Fifty Shades of Grey and his Andy Griffith Show fanfics).

Moe's plot is kind of interesting here, even if it deals with some familiar tropes. Marge is especially nice to Moe in this ep, which is odd, but what's odder is the sudden appearance of these venture capitalists. Everything seemed all too convenient here; the old brine Moe had lying around, the quick rise to the top with Moe's new brew without any build-up to Moe's actual success or fame, and the beaten-over-the-head resolution with people shying away at Moe's less endearing physical features. I sympathize with Moe because of his appearance and am therefore quite disgusted when writers pick on him for it. We've seen Moe unravel because of his off-putting humor, his general sleaziness, his manipulative behavior and his poor temper; it's about time we see something blow up in his face because of something like his appearance. And okay, he has an emotional closeness to the noose he's used to hang himself with. I must admit my heart skipped a beat when he started choking while he was on the phone with Bart but, just like everything else, it felt too sudden.

The Lisa subplot deserved a bit more embellishing and now, based on what little screen-time it got, seemed only to be fodder for a silly appearance by Sonny Rollins. Sure, this was covered a little in Get Ahead in Dead-Vertising, but I think it's interesting how marketing execs have somehow re-written the sacredness of death for the sake of sales. I don't usually like Lisa the preacher, but perhaps we could have seen Lisa take this on not only as a strange transformation of her renowned jazz idol (which could have been better readdressed, as we haven't seen much of him for so many dang years), but through a religious or spiritual lens. Would have liked to hear Marge's opinion on the matter.

Bart and Grampa have a nice bonding moment, and the three bullies were actually kind of good here. Like Moe and the large slab of glass, this Grampa / Bart subplot led to some interesting sight gags (which I swear were inspired by the likes of the close-ups on Ren and Stimpy), and a nice bonding moment between the two. Bart was actually in pretty good form here, and I like that.

This is not a very good pot of Simpsons stew, but only because there is not a theme to the composition that holds the whole thing together. Okay, I'm losing my food metaphor here, but this whole thing felt like a jumbled mess. Blame it on the four-act structure if you want, but The Simpsons occasionally has "too much" story going on in a given episode; unlike 22 Short Films, which attempts to string them all together (or at least have transitions from story to story), or even stupid ones like Jazzy and the Pussycats, where the tiger Lisa houses bites Bart in the arm, which leads to the benefit concert or something), Whiskey Business does not even try. What a sour stew.

Lance Uppercut gets a thumbs up from me for also putting more effort into tonight's episode than pretty much anyone working on the show - with the exception of those hard-working tireless Korean animators.

You'll notice that I tend to give Simpsons episodes like Homer Goes to Prep School inflated scores even though they may miss the mark with a great deal of the viewing audience. Why is that exactly? Because I appreciate it more when the show tries something ambitious and fails a whole hell of a lot more than I do when they don't bother trying and just pad an episode to hell to get it out the door. None of these plots had anything to do with one another aside from setting up a reason for Homer & Marge to leave Abe in charge of the kids. EVERYTHING else was recycled from past episodes of this series and other series.

I APPRECIATE effort. And if you're going to be blessed with the gift of working on an American institution like the Simpsons (one of the undisputed greatest and most influential animated series of all-time), why would you EVER just piss it away on something bland, inoffensive and derivative? It's insulting. That's why I give out 1s. Fine... crib a joke from something else but at least play off the expectations one would have for said joke and do something original with it. Don't just settle for a rehash.

Blog Entries

As far as Nasty Matt shows go, this one is right in the middle of the road; It had some really good shots, and some realy bad shots. Not allot of middle ground. Any amount of good shots is important though, so I'll hand out a low Nastuk deductable this week.
    I think the best part of this episode was the Grandpa/Bart subplot. As surreal as that face-suction gag was, I thought it was really funny.

Blog Entries

You'll notice that I tend to give Simpsons episodes like Homer Goes to Prep School inflated scores even though they may miss the mark with a great deal of the viewing audience. Why is that exactly? Because I appreciate it more when the show tries something ambitious and fails a whole hell of a lot more than I do when they don't bother trying and just pad an episode to hell to get it out the door.
    Horrible analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Back in the day, Daffy & Donald were polar opposites, providing a much needed diverse, full spectrum to the public's Duck entertainment needs.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

It was a parody of an event where a holographic Tupak Shakur gave a concert.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Horrible analysis.
    explain

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    Horrible analysis.
    Okay, here is where I make my argument that Handsome B. Wonderful should write for the series.

Of COURSE you wouldn't understand why someone would appreciate and reward effort in an episode even if it is ultimately unsuccessful.

To illustrate this, you have posted 49 times in these forums today. 48 of your posts were one-line responses and had no effort put into their content whatsoever.
    The other 1 was a list of TV shows you have on DVD.

Hence I decree you should write for the show and contribute list jokes. You clearly have the skill set for it.

Milhouse once mentioned a city very close to mine.
    Blog Entries

Did'ja notice:

Moe sweeps away the tile in the bar. Perhaps it was just painted on, like the dirt he had put in Ned Flanders' renovated house.

Lenny and Carl briefly hold hands while in the limo.

Murphy sings a line from a song Lisa improvised back in S1. Ron Taylor clearly voiced him in this archival clip (which doesn't sound like it's from the original S1; maybe it's an alternate take), but he was voiced by someone else in Dancin' Homer and on the Simpsons Sing the Blues album. Ron Taylor died in 2002, and S13's Sweets and Sour Marge was dedicated to him.

This is the third time the Tony Bennett Capital City song is used in the show; he's listed as a guest voice.

Bart uses Hot Wheels tracks in an ingenious way like his papa did in S16's Don't Fear the Roofer.

Grampa faked being incompetent back in S2 so that Bart and Lisa would clean up after a wild house party.
    Here, he fakes being injured / ill so that Bart will take care of him longer than he actually was.

Blog Entries

Okay, here is where I make my argument that Handsome B. Wonderful should write for the series.

Of COURSE you wouldn't understand why someone would appreciate and reward effort in an episode even if it is ultimately unsuccessful.

To illustrate this, you've posted 49 times in these forums today. 48 of your posts were one-line responses and had no effort put into their content whatsoever.
    The other 1 was a list of TV shows you have on DVD.

Hence I decree you should write for the show and contribute list jokes. You clearly have the skill set for it.
    haha yeah just because an episode has effort doesn't mean it's worth praising at all. take it for what it's worth and if it sucks it sucks. also that 49 posts one-line responses is complete bullshit all you have to do is simply check my latest posts. gave you an a for effort though.

Blog Entries

Okay main plot
    Decent jokes
    Decent sub-plot
    Nice ending theme

Rating: 3/5

I don't feel like writing as much as I usually do

greatest living philostopher Insomnia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gonna try this style of review for a change
    Act 1
    Ok the Couch gag was ok and short so nothing terrible but my god the first scene with the dvr was so horrible, we get it Simpsons you know the names of popular TV shows!
    Once again Moe is trying to commit suicide, it has never been funny but I liked Bart prank calling him again, that was funny and kinda made up for that terrible joke about it The Dark Knight Court.
    Homer and guys singing that dumb song was unfunny
    Act 2
    Marge trying to help Moe feel better was nice although a little out of no where. I laughed at Grandpa feeding the mailbox also why did they have to use the capitol city song again. It's like the 3rd time.
    And cue another pointless short montage with some copyrighted music, but make sure it's only 30 seconds so you don't have to pay royalties.
    Homers Tent city was kinda funny. And Bart somehow got the bullies to come over and hang out with again, I don't know how he keeps doing this.
    Lisa at the Jazz concert was actually a pretty good scene and seeing BGM again was pretty cool but that fake banner add ruined the BGM scene.
    Act 3
    The floor gag was pretty unfunny and really didn't need the Moe dance. And those 2 random convenient dudes who put Moe into the big time.
    Ugh Terrible focus group joke, Bart and Abe messing with the water heater was funny until Homer ruined the joke.
    And now Lisa is going to bitch about the holograms OMG Lisa shut the fuck up!! Also a Terrible DVD Blu-ray joke that doesn't actually make sense.
    But Bart getting along with Abe was kinda nice
    Act 4
    Marge made a stupid analogy and than lisa explained it, typical Lisa.
    And how does Abe know how to play that DDR like game? But the whole Abe and Bart plot could have been pretty good but it didn't lift off well.
    And Moe is back to being a loser again so suddenly.
    the end, wow that 4th act was just so pointless, Moes, Lisas and Barts subplots barely had anything to them especially Lisas hers was only about 2 minutes long it was just a pointless scene

4/10

Banned

It had some funny moments, but it was overall unforgettable and like a lot of recent episodes felt completely rehashed. The Bleeding Gums Murphy plot was a good idea but I didn't like the ending and I think it should've been the main focus of the episode. C+

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

3/5 - I might have given it a 4, except for the whole "Moe ends up making a mess of things again" ending, and the fact that the Lisa subplot was pretty much abandoned without a real reason for it being there.

"But look at all of the references! There was the Capitol City song (or is it the Capital City song, as they can't seem to agree on a spelling), with Tony Bennett; that's Ron Taylor as Bleeding Gums Murphy; there's a prank call from Bart to Moe; and the drink list includes a Flaming Moe! See? Old school! Why don't you love us? Can't you see this entire episode is a cry for help?"

Written by Valentina L. Garza
    Directed by Matthew Nastuk
    No billboard or blackboard
    Couch: A block of ice is carved into a sculpture of everyone on the couch, which melts when Grampa turns up the thermostat
    Special Guest Voice: Tony Bennett, Kevin Michael Richardson, Sonny Rollins, Ron Taylor
    Also Starring: Pamela Hayden, Tress MacNeille, Chris Edgerly
    Overseas Animation: Rough Draft
    TV Rating: TV-PG-DLV

For those of you who wonder about such things, in the western USA, "Love Is a Many Splintered Thing" did air as scheduled, but the scheduled new episode of The Cleveland Show was replaced by a repeat of "Escape from Goochland"

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity Pumpkin View Post
    I don't know if anybody has stated this yet, but "Moe Goes from Rags to Riches" would have been a much more suitable title for this episode than the one it was actually associated with.

Anyway, while this wasn't the unwatchable garbagefest I had feared based on the promos, it still leaves a heck of a lot to be desired. I lightly chuckled maybe two or three times, but like far too much post-classic material, the dialogue is infiltrated by real world references that don't make for the most interesting satire. I must say I never expected The Simpsons to take a jab at my hometown's MLB team, but hey, in this era of miscellanea, just about anything is possible. The How Deep is Your Love CPR gag is a noted lowlight of this showing, as is pretty much every joke that involves Grampa.

For the most part, Moe's story is actually fairly decent. We see the character rise from his rutty status quo to a respectable individual with a bit of encouragement from Homer and Marge, and he embraces his newfound success with pretty much as much gallantry as you could expect from Moe. Still, I am turned off by the suicide attempt towards the beginning (a new prank call lightens up the mood a bit, though), and especially Moe's abrupt plunge from losing his suit. It's reasonable enough that strangers suddenly begin treating him with respect after he fancies up his attire, but it's absurd that even the same executives who brought him aboard would suddenly act as if they had never met him simply because he was forced to return to his traditional outfit. That makes about as much sense as the King of England being removed from the throne because he wore his swimming suit to the beach. If the two business executives already realized Moe as a potent bartender before, why do they snuff him out for dressing out of the occasion one day? Even then, with his new salary, why doesn't Moe just buy a new suit, anyway? It's such a confusing resolution that ruins the mild credibility of everything preceding it.

Otherwise, this episode is plain mediocrity. Abe's story isn't anything more than a marathon of unfunny gags that don't bring anything to the character we haven't seen (or enjoyed) before, and I really don't think Lisa's encounter with holograms needed to be turned into a mini-subplot. It was fairly interesting to see an unexpected return of Bleeding Gums Murphy via a hologram, but Lisa takes the matter way too personally. Technological replication isn't anything new, so why should Lisa issue a letter of protest to the distributors of the holograms? I know she may have had a genuine relationship with the jazzman back when he was alive, but in Round Springfield, she made it a giant priority to promote him by getting KBBL to play Sax on the Beach. That essentially isn't any less of a commercial fraud than reproducing him with a hologram, so why is this case so different that she has to take such an extreme? Lisa should have been be stoked that the jazz club had Bleeding Gums playing Second Grade Blues, which she herself wrote! That holographic dance/rap later on was also pretty ridiculous. It's dumb enough that the company tracked her down to her house, but this same general concept of gathering famous figures to perform a rap was played out far more fruitfully with Epic Rap Battles of History.

4/10
    Last edited by Infinity183; 05-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    My favorite and least favorite episodes from each season:
    S1 - Krusty Gets Busted / The Call of the Simpsons S2 - Lisa's Substitute / The War of the Simpsons S3 - Homer at the Bat / Dog of Death S4 - Marge vs. the Monorail / Whacking Day S5 - Marge on the Lam / Bart Gets an Elephant S6 - Who Shot Mr. Burns?: Part 1 / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7 - Bart on the Road / Homerpalooza S8 - You Only Move Twice / The Twisted World of Marge Simpson S9 - The Joy of Sect / All Singing, All Dancing S10 - Simpsons Bible Stories / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday S11 - Treehouse of Horror X / It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge S12 - Trilogy of Error / Tennis the Menace S13 - Half-Decent Proposal / The Sweetest Apu S14 - Moe Baby Blues / Brake My Wife, Please S15 - The Way We Weren't / Bart-Mangled Banner S16 - Sleeping with the Enemy / Thank God, It's Doomsday S17 - The Girl Who Slept Too Little / Homer's Paternity Coot S18 - 24 Minutes / The Boys of Bummer S19 - Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Treehouse of Horror XVIII S20 - Gone, Maggie Gone / Dangerous Curves S21 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou? / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed S22 - Homer the Father / The Fool Monty S23 - The Book Job / Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson S24 - The Saga of Carl / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing

We're out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity183 View Post
    If the two business executives already realized Moe as a potent bartender before, why do they snuff him out for dressing out of the occasion one day? Even then, with his new salary, why doesn't Moe just buy a new suit, anyway? It's such a confusing resolution that ruins the mild credibility of everything preceding it.
    The idea is that appearances take precedent over anything else of value in today's visual-centric society. And this is hardly the first time the show has played with this trope. Even back in Simpson and Delilah, no one would listen to Homer's security briefing simply because he no longer had voluptuous hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity183 View Post
    in Round Springfield, she made it a giant priority to promote him by getting KBBL to play Sax on the Beach. That essentially isn't any less of a commercial fraud than reproducing him with a hologram, so why is this case so different that she has to take such an extreme? Lisa should have been be stoked that the jazz club had Bleeding Gums playing Second Grade Blues, which she herself wrote!
    On Round Springfield, Lisa was making a conscious effort to make Bleeding Gums's legacy one people would remember, as a way to cope with his death. It sure wasn't commercial.

On the other hand, this is a records company exploiting the legacy of dead artists, using questionable technology, for a profit. It would be out of character for Lisa not to fight this.
    Last edited by jbauer; 05-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    The idea is that appearances take precedent over anything else of value in today's visual-centric society. And this is hardly the first time the show has played with this trope. Even back in Simpson and Delilah, no one would listen to Homer's security briefing simply because he no longer had voluptuous hair.
    In Simpson and Delilah, the audience Homer presented to at least didn't recognize, so it makes sense that they'd treated his baldness as a point of scorn. Here, the same business executives who hired Moe suddenly act as if he is an entirely different person, ala Clark Kent. Again, too, I feel as if Moe could've avoided this crisis, anyway, had he just spent some of his newly lavish earnings on a new suit. Neither situation is particularly realistic anyway, but at least in Simpson and Delilah, the situation actually makes sense and isn't drowning in ridiculous plot holes. Moe's downfall in Whiskey Business just feels like a hasty wrap-up to the story when the allotted time was coming to an end.

On Round Springfield, Lisa was making a conscious effort to make Bleeding Gums's legacy one people would remember, as a way to cope with his death. It sure wasn't commercial.

On the other hand, this is a records company exploiting the legacy of dead artists, using questionable technology, for a profit. It would be out of character for Lisa not to fight this.
    Radio stations like KBBL are sponsored by other companies the exact same way the hologram company makes its profits. It's not like the jazz club is using the technology itself to make its fortune. Instead, it's being sponsored by Red Genie Carpet Cleaning, which is completely legal. Either way, folks are still being introduced to Bleeding Gums through promotion. Music is spread pretty liberally, and since there isn't even anybody to pirate the money from, this commercialization only seems fair. Lisa is just being unnecessarily activist by writing a letter of complaint, despite the company's perfectly legal use and distribution of the product.
    Last edited by Infinity183; 05-06-2013 at 12:09 AM.

Thread Information