Search results

1. Kaine

Rate & Review: "The Tell-Tale Pants" (35ABF10)

A very flawed episode. I don't mind seeing more Homer and Marge relationship/marriage crisis episodes if they do something new to stand out, but it ends up where they have Homer make Marge feel underappreciated and Marge feeling guilty to treat herself with a ring. Maybe this is an episode where...
  2. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Cremains of the Day" (35ABF09)

This episode felt like a nice tribute to Larry. I like how he stayed this background character which the audience, cast and probably even the writers don't know anything about his life other than being a regular bar fly. Though they should have included Sam somehow as they were often paired...
  3. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Night of the Living Wage" (35ABF07)

Another good Marge centric episode. There is not much new to be found with Marge getting yet another job (which they joked about), but I do like how she is the one starting a union. I don't consider it much of a marriage crisis episode but it did make for the weakest act for this episode. It...
  4. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Clan of the Cave Mom" (35ABF06)

A very solid episode, another one where they make a proper use of Marge as a motherly character. I never saw Primal and only heard from the comments from the promo images that they recognised it from, but it looks like I didn't need to know to appreciate the art style. Both stories mirrors each...
  5. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Lisa Gets an F1" (35ABF05)

A fun episode and a step up from previous week. It had a much better story going for it (even giving every family member something to do), fast but solid pacing with a good amount of jokes. Paolo was alright despite the exaggerated Italian accent, I liked his relatonship with Bart despite the...
  6. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Frinkenstein's Monster" (35ABF03)

A very meh episode. I don't like that whenever they use a single plot they still manage to do the pacing so bad. Professor Frink was mostly a plot device who took too long to snap and let Homer do his thing (although Frink shutting up Flanders was pretty funny). The new characters felt like...
  7. Kaine

Most Baffling Continuity Error?

Homer hearing that Marge is pregnant of Maggie in two completely different locations. In one he hears it in Dr Hibbert's office, in the other he hears it at home (where he rips out his remaining hair). Also in a flashback there is a picture of Maggie while Marge is still pregnant with her...
  8. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Do the Wrong Thing" (35ABF01)

A solid episode. It has a rather simple premise but it does a good job to intertwine both stories throughout the episode where Marge actually uses a bad manner from Homer. It gave us some good bonding with Homer and Bart, having them act more jerkish to other Springfieldians by cheating also...
  9. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Murder, She Boat" (35ABF04)

A funny episode, a bit thin on the plot and mostly by the numbers but they got a lot of good gags going for it. This is the second episode to fully take place on a cruise like A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again and its almost on the same level of enjoyment for me. I like the focus on...
  10. Kaine

What would u like from another Simpsons movie?

I'd like to see a more daring movie. The first half could be all about Springfield and a lot of its secondary characters dealing with an evil plan from Mr Burns. When they succeed, the second half is all about Springfield getting invaded by Kang & Kodos with their whole army (also somewhat...
  11. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Ae Bonny Romance" (35ABF02)

Not entirely sure what to think of this episode. I like its premise and its nice to see more of Willie and his Scottish heritage where they had some good shots of the Scottish castle and highlands, yet the episodes pacing felt off where they felt like adding some Homer/Marge drama that felt...
  12. Kaine

Rate & Review: "It's a Blunderful Life" (OABF19)

Didn't enjoy this episode all that much. It felt unfocussed and badly paced with just a bunch of random jokes and moments. Though were some enjoyable moments to be found (Homer actually not screwing something up, Lisa doing her southern accent). The couch gag was just aIright. I did like the...
  13. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Iron Marge" (OABF22)

Very solid episode. It felt more grounded than usual and it felt long overdue for Bart and Lisa to become a duo again, also making Lisa more of a kid where she shows more naivety and selfishness. Marge does need more recognition from her kids, and at least they didn't have Homer be a part of it...
  14. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Treehouse of Horror XXXIV" (OABF17)

I want to tell all of my thoughts on each segment but I can’t be on my PC for a while and I dread typing a lot on mobile, so this is going to be a bit shorter than I want it to be. I thought all 3 segments ranged from decent to alright, I didn’t expect it to be the same quality of last years...
  15. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Thirst Trap: A Corporate Love Story" (OABF21)

A fine episode, surprisingly very little of the Simpson family where Bart doesn't even have a line. I do get checked out of these documentary format episodes as it feels like we've gotten quite a few and this felt like one of the weaker ones. Mr Burns is one of my favorite characters (despite...
  16. Kaine

Rate & Review: "McMansion & Wife" (OABF20)

A pretty fun and average episode. I started to miss the traditional two story episodes with a main/sub plot so its good to see it being used rather well here. Not that I've always been against it but there are stories that require more time than others. The main story with Homer/Marge...
  17. Kaine

The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

I've had no issues myself but I've heard from EA that they were aware and should have fixed it by now. They even gave me some tokens that can be exchanged for a dozen donuts.
  18. Kaine

Rate & Review: "A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream" (OABF16)

This is a great Marge centered episode. I've always found her the most underrated Simpson member, being the one that the writers have the hardest time writing jokes for and to come up with a good plot for her. They often just make it a marriage crisis episodes which we could take a break for. It...
  19. Kaine

Rate & Review: "Homer's Crossing" (OABF18)

A fun episode that mixes in some old ideas where Homer gets a new job but also goes crazy with power. For a season premiere its pretty basic but its quite enjoyable. Personally not much of a fan of jerkass Homer which is why you won't often hear me being much into the Scully era, though at times...
  20. Kaine

The Simpsons, Futurama and Disenchantment

I finished watching Disenchantment last night and while I probably enjoy it more than most it is still the weakest show. I do like its setting but the story and pacing is all over the place, taking way too long for a proper resolution or not even resolving anything. The jokes are also a lot...
Back