Search results

1. wiley207

Music replacement in "Skinner's Sense of Snow"

I had posted before in the R&R thread for "Skinner's Sense of Snow" that on Disney+, the montage of the kids wreaking havoc across the snowed-in Springfield Elementary had Guns N' Roses's "Welcome To The Jungle" replaced with generic instrumental rock music that sounds similar to the Ramones's...
  2. wiley207

My new ending to "The Frying Game"

Yes, "The Frying Game"'s ending is a real cop-out, with everything revealed to be a horrible prank as part of a reality game show. Even worse than the similar ending to "The Great Money Caper!" But I decided to take a bit of edge off the sting by having one of the characters suddenly make a...
  3. wiley207

(APRIL FOOLS) Fox Broadcasting goes bankrupt from renewing animated shows!

Last night, some devastating news for fans of "Bob's Burgers," "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" was posted online... So there you have it. The low ratings and revenue for "The Simpsons," "Bob's Burgers" and "Family Guy" has come to bite FOX in the butt! Here is a link with various sources on...
  4. wiley207

Bart is Fallout Boy - an alternate take on "Radioactive Man"

We all know the Season 7 episode "Radioactive Man" where Milhouse ends up cast in the role of Fallout Boy for a big-budget movie adaptation of the comic series being filmed on-location in Springfield. Well, what if Bart Simpson instead actually got the part of Fallout Boy? Of course he'd enjoy...
  5. wiley207

R.I.P. Cloris Leachman

Emmy and Oscar-winning actress Cloris Leachman has passed on at age 94... https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cloris-leachman-dead-1234893925/ Simpsons fans may remember her from when she guest-starred in 1991's "Three Men and a Comic Book" as Mrs. Glick. And keeping the FOX connection, she was...
  6. wiley207

R.I.P. Regis Phiblin

R.I.P. Regis Philbin Legendary TV host Regis Philbin, known for "Live! with Regis and Kathie Lee" and "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," has passed away at age 88. Of course, on this forum we especially remember the time he and Kathie Lee Gifford guest-starred on "The Simpsons," in "Treehouse...
  7. wiley207

The highly-detailed trains on the show

I'm gonna try this again, since now I know using DropBox images here doesn't work. I'll have to do this in multiple parts. One thing that's interested me in the history of the show's visual evolution is how trains are rendered, since I am a train buff. I actually wonder if anyone on the art...
  8. wiley207

R.I.P. Jack Sheldon

Another Simpsons guest voice bites the dust, and the last one for this decade... Jack Sheldon, the famous "Schoolhouse Rock" singer. He was 88. He'd even guest-star in parodies of "Schoolhouse Rock," especially if "I'm Just a Bill" was the one being spoofed, like the Simpsons did in Season 7's...
  9. wiley207

My endings for "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace!"

Yoy may recall how I talked about how the episode "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace" was really mean-spirited, with so many bad things happening to the Simpsons family. So I came up with a couple of my own endings: a really depressing one if their lone washcloth WAS taken, and what may have...
  10. wiley207

Danny Elfman says the show will be ending eventually...

If this article has already been shared, then I'm sorry... https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2019/11/the-simpsons-in-its-last-year-claims-man-who-wrote-the-theme-tune.html?fbclid=IwAR3cKh7Fg_n53qRgndW6ONfNzrlgGAREjKQN-YZjNoSTUmw9RVJoWjdOHiw It's also confirmed Danny Elfman only...
  11. wiley207

"Simpsons Get the Wuv Luvs" - a now COMPLETED fanfic!

It took a while because of school and other things, but I've finally been able to complete and revise my Simpsons fan fiction based off those strange and creepy Wuv Luv toys that actually give birth for all to see. It's simply called "Simpsons Get the Wuv Luvs!" and is set around 2000, during...
  12. wiley207

Voice cast for the Radioactive Man universe?

Since the only "Radioactive Man" characters we've heard speak in animation were Radioactive Man himself and Fallout Boy (with inconsistent voice actors, no less), I've been imagining what voice actors the characters in the "Radioactive Man" comic universe from Bongo Comics would have. Here are...
  13. wiley207

R.I.P. Penny Marshall

Penny Marshall, known as Laverne of "Laverne and Shirley," has passed away from diabetes at age 75. https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-metro-penny-marshall-obit-20181218-story.html?fbclid=IwAR1tLEiARcAO8o4Ox8ResrI2qDWo1HGjqbGBF5QsRATi8fnw764EzsIng0w She was one of the earliest Simpsons guest...
  14. wiley207

"The DARE Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" (1993)

This is a VERY bizarre drug education cartoon I saw once in sixth grade (late 1999), and never again in English until early this week. And since some "Simpsons" artists were involved, I thought I'd share it here! "The D.A.R.E. Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" is directed by Michael...
  15. wiley207

"Mission: Impo-diddly-ossible!" (fanfic)

OK, I came up with this as a tie-in to the new "Mission: Impossible" movie and because my parents have been watching the original show lately. I took one of my episode ideas from the now-closed "Create ****** Simpsons Episodes" thread and decided to make one of them into a full-blown fanfiction...
  16. wiley207

SpongeBob beats the Simpsons again...

Once again, to the surprise of no one, "SpongeBob SquarePants" has beaten the Simpsons for the Favorite Cartoon award at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. I think it's kind of sad that "SpongeBob SquarePants" has been more popular than "The Simpsons" for quite a while now, and the resurgence...
  17. wiley207

My compilation of Alf Clausen stock music cues...

I have been working off and on with this project, recording most (if not all) of those short stock music pieces Alf Clausen wrote for "The Simpson" in the late 90s that were typically used to start scenes or something that got reused numerous times throughout the show (at least up to the...
  18. wiley207

Disney WAS going to buy most of 21st Century Fox!

I just found this out on Facebook, and I searched this forum for a thread about it but didn't find one, so I thought I'd start it up myself. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html Disney's not going to get all of...
  19. wiley207

R.I.P. June Foray

I was devastated last night to learn that veteran voice actress, the great June Foray, had passed away at age 99. http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/june-foray-1917-2017/ The reason I post this here is due to her guest spot on the Simpsons episode "Some Enchanted Evening," where she voiced...
  20. wiley207

R.I.P. George Bush Sr.

R.I.P. George Bush Sr. (NO LONGER A HOAX) My brother and I initially fell to a hoax on this in February 2017... http://usa-radio.com/former-u-s-president-george-h-w-bush-has-died/ And now it's happened for real... https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/us/politics/george-hw-bush-dies.html Former...
Back